DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

53 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Like I'm saying.:)  They do not jumble containers up at the dock.   Read what I'm saying. 

"The coaster IS being held back at the docks".   4 Containers were released last week for the construction crew to see for an unknown reason Master Rapper said it's not sinister.  I said I'm happy with that.

Coasters like this don’t arrive every day in Australia and it will be a first for everyone involved.  My thoughts are the construction crew wanted to see the coaster, see how it was packed and how long it would take to unload a container.   I believe by dropping the 4 containers off last weeks they could plan the logistics of getting the coaster from the docks to MW without having 200 trucks sitting outside of MW waiting to be unloaded.

What I'm more interested in is has JL & BW opened back up and has anything changed?

That is not what I said. I never said they were jumbled up. I just said the order that they go out is not necessarily the order it comes in. My statement didn't have anything to do with your original statement in that form. Mine was referring to how construction and track arrival was going to run out and wasn't even quoting you. As parts won't arrive the entire time construction is happening. They will have a large supply there before construction starts and that at minimum would need be for awhile as they need the initial construction pieces which might not even be for awhile because even though they left the factory first it doesn't mean that they will arrive first. For things such as weight distribution meaning that the order would be changed when being loaded. Then at unload they could be unloaded in a different order again due to the ports setups. Then one could require further customs inspections and could delay specific pieces while others continue on. Therefore pieces can be jumbledited from the perfect order of construction. 

It had nothing to do with 4 pieces being released for construction crew inspections. Just that because it will be underconstruction for months doesn't mean that they can take months to deliver the track. If it was in the perfect order they could but because it isn't means it needs to arrive much quicker then building takes. 

Guys, I think a little calming down here is required.

I have had equipment delivered the next day after arrival and I have had some stuck in customs on the dock for two weeks after the original delivery.  It all boils down to customs and when they release the items. 

Normally they will lay out the parts in such a way to allow for the best installation times (first part required is closest to exit etc). as you would a large Lego set ( we did notice this during Cyclone and Superman constructions). Perhaps the parts that have arrived first are intended to be first delivered due to being last installed? And maybe they are still going through the containers to ensure the next parts delivered are in the correct order for how they want to install?

Only a thought I know, but this is how we assemble our larger items that get contained over for our projects.

Hello All,

Have been lurking this thread for a while and thought I would throw in my two cents.

I don't know much about customs for Magenta Hypercoaster parts but the issue with expecting that the containers are all sitting at a shipping yard is demurrage.

Containers that are released to the wharf from shipping are normally only allowed a free dehire period of around 10 days. Anything longer than this and the charge is significant.

Sometimes this is unavoidable with issues such as customs and Aqis holding up proceedings but if the stock has landed in Australia it is either off of the wharf unpacked at a storage warehouse, MW are paying a fortune for demurrage on what has been speculated as 200 containers, or they own their own containers which seems unlikely.

Edited by Demes
grammar

1 hour ago, thunder001 said:

Guys, I think a little calming down here is required.

Nobody is hot under the collar here.  No calming is required at all because we are just having a conversation and throwing some ideas around.

Nobody can take a hint so I just think I will leave it at that-

Monday 27.03.2017 1:15pm Update

The assembly work area (the car park) has seen no action today.  The gates have remained closed. 2 empty containers remain that once housed the supports.  The crane is still in the current location it was left in last week.  The 2 temp structures have not been worked on since last week.

On track.  The top of the concrete caps’ are currently being water blasted.

A grader is parked in the first site office compound.

Land sculpting is the order of the day.

Wasn’t going to do a drive-by on the way to work today but the traffic was so bad I had time to have a look and grab a coffee.

Both empty containers have now been removed from site with no new deliveries.

After the electricians made a bit of a mess of the site we have a fair bit of earthworks going on today. 

The soil is being steamrolled and levelled around the footings.

We also have a few guys cutting the grass again.

2 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Land sculpting is the order of the day.

Wasn’t going to do a drive-by on the way to work today but the traffic was so bad I had time to have a look and grab a coffee.

Both empty containers have now been removed from site with no new deliveries.

After the electricians made a bit of a mess of the site we have a fair bit of earthworks going on today. 

The soil is being steamrolled and levelled around the footings.

We also have a few guys cutting the grass again.

It's progress !

Just been to the park, and as @YLFATEEKS said, plenty is happening throughout the site.

Will also add, that tonnes of the piping has now been installed around the station area, with a lot sticking up out pf the ground.

And now that the sun has come out, here is a photo which hopefully provides a better idea of the colours tonnes to those who still haven't seen it

IMG_7248.thumb.jpg.4ad8820576cc9b3e200bacf5220bccb2.jpg

• Like 1

That day time photo above is a pretty accurate representation on screen of the in person colour!

Not sure about all this hold up talk, there is nothing to say anything is held up. Do we even know that the other couple hundred containers are even in the country?

2 hours ago, Richard said:

[SNIP]

Keep in mind too this is the biggest ride they've ever built and it's a company with a several-year waiting list; with many projects on the go I can't imagine space to store parts is unlimited at their end.

Hang on, where did "biggest ride they've ever built" come from? Don't know where in this thread I was given the impression it was going to be shorter than Flash in height and length? Is that sentence from part of the insiders' knowledge?

I mentioned a few pages back, but again, is the track present indicating and specific elements?

Edited by Glubbo

1 hour ago, Richard said:

It's pretty clearly a longer layout based on the size and scope of the footings. Hasn't someone played join-the-dots on the satellite images of footings and compared it to Flash on Google Maps? Admittedly I tune out of this topic for days on end sometimes...

Days?? Weeks Richard!! This thread is like the Young and the Restless- you can stop watching it for years but as soon as you sit down to give it another go, its exactly the same as you remember , the exact same characters and the same tired old plots.

Still,some people  call that entertainment!;)

2 hours ago, Richard said:

It's pretty clearly a longer layout based on the size and scope of the footings. Hasn't someone played join-the-dots on the satellite images of footings and compared it to Flash on Google Maps? Admittedly I tune out of this topic for days on end sometimes...

I definitely tried that, and had way to many dots left over or some that didn't make sense, so gave up.

Whether someone has mentioned it or not, why would anyone think there is a delay. If you haven't seen the coasters construction schedule, which I assume no one has or will, they haven't got a clue what when things are happening. They know what they are doing, lets just let them build the thing, and if the coaster is announced to open later than September, than you can talk about delays.

• Richard changed the title to 2017 Movie World roller coaster construction discussion

I'm about to go away for work and won't be able to do an update for a while.  I know @djrappa will be the most upset with this news so I dedicate this mini update to him.

Loads of work happening on site today, all getting ready to go upwards.

The gutter that was cut last week has now been removed.

Roadbase being placed down so the cranes can drive around the coaster area. (I think that would be the reason)

A new larger crane has now arrived and sits inside the coaster area ready to go to work.

Edited by Skeeta

on topic - if the main construction crane has arrived on site, it would suggest the time until vertical construction may now be measured in days, not weeks.

However with the expected rains from ex-TC Debbie due to hit the south east from tomorrow, not so sure they will start just yet.

off topic - @Skeeta - i notice you've gone for a handle change again? @Richard must be getting tired of changing your name... does this mean the drunken protections you installed with @ylfateeks are no longer required?

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic