DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

4 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Some things placed inside the compound might not be for the Coaster.  One thing for sure is Mack don't make corrugated steel tanks.  It is not uncommon for the purpose of fighting fires that a company is required to store a certain amount of water on site.

I see what you're saying, but with the water nearby on the VRTP lot, I'd be surprised if it was for this case. The design of these pipes doesn't really seem to lend itself to a water tank though. 

So based on the information from the photos (number 4 & 7) it looks like it is from these guys here...

http://www.aksteel.com/pdf/markets_products/carbon/AK AlmT2 Acceptance 201309.pdf

Drainage culverts, however I still cant figure out the access panels in the photos being connected at the angles they are...more research required I think.

Edited by thunder001

So the track pieces are transported by flatbed open trucks to the painter down the road... 

(that's the a cue for one of the kids on holidays to Google search for paint factories near Mack's manufacturing base, and bring up nearmap images for the past few months). 

I'm sure Richard will shout you a parkz cap if you can find a high-res photo of a magenta track on the back of a truck in Waldkirch 

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

It is likey given that the whole ride would need more than the track already delivered.

Can't argue with that logic... :lol:

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

I believe a total of 137 pieces of track will be delivered for the track plus whatever is required to get to the maintenance bay.:D

I can’t work out the number of supports.:angry:

Interesting... We have 4 visible pieces so far, 2 pieces per container so around 10 altogether.

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

It's great to see our first Hypercoaster is getting a lot of support😆

Very little support so far, think I only saw 4 pieces.

Trains arrive after top off?

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

So the track pieces are transported by flatbed open trucks to the painter down the road... 

(that's the a cue for one of the kids on holidays to Google search for paint factories near Mack's manufacturing base, and bring up nearmap images for the past few months). 

I'm sure Richard will shout you a parkz cap if you can find a high-res photo of a magenta track on the back of a truck in Waldkirch 

Just did a quick google search and it may actually look like the tracks are painted in-house. 

"..Germany Mack Rides employs a full portfolio of equipment ranging from bending machines, robots and sandblasting machines to paint halls, with a further four hectares of space available for further development."

http://www.manufacturing-today-europe.com/2016/12/16/mack-rides-gmbh-co-kg/

Also to double check had a quick look on google maps and in google search to see if there are any painting plants in/near Waldkirch and got no hits. :( 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic