DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Last night I calculated the angle off the station plans and I ended up with 41d20'54” With this angle and the footing located in the car park the coaster cannot be any higher than 65.791m if the coaster continues to that point.

If the maximum height is reached without going across the road I have a maximum in height of 61.387m high.  (Maths completed by skeeta should never be relied upon).

(((((((((((((((Sorry I thought it would merge)))))))))).

Edited by Skeeta

I agree @AlexB but the law man say you can't bank traffic onto the road.  For every so many car parks you have to have create a length of driveway.

@Theme Park Girl when did you take the photos?  When I was around the park at 8am they had the track hooked up to the crane.

Going by your photos it now looks like they now have 2 bigger cranes on site.

Edited by Skeeta

28 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Track update 1.30pm: Two more pieces have been locked into place, one added to the climb making it even taller, and a curved part down low, further to the left (as per the positioning seen in the last pic) 😆👍

20170420_134359.thumb.jpg.2f60890394fe492824e222e0add7ab62.jpg

Sweet @Theme Park Girl  I'm digging the colours.  With the next support going up its worth a look on the way home today.

Edited by Skeeta

5 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

20170420_134359.thumb.jpg.2f60890394fe492824e222e0add7ab62.jpg

@Theme Park Girl The support going up in your photo is now finished and track added.

IMG_2225.thumb.JPG.d1c51c081add2c9a7690ba3507f6fcd3.JPG

Sorry, you can't tell by my photo but the new piece of track is starting to bank to the right.   Also @Theme Park Girl support is behind the palm tree.

Edited by Skeeta

If you follow the top rails in my photo you can see the far rail goes to the bottom as it banks to the right.  (The photo above)

IMG_2226.thumb.JPG.a50b0ca0abdc2a1b0a4df2a2cb4468e8.JPG

Even though the photo is super bad the support on the right was the highest support in @Theme Park Girl photo.  The support on the left went up in the last couple of hours.  They also added an extra piece of track. 

Some of the gangway that runs next to the brakes at the end of the ride was unloaded from containers today.

@AllegroCrab at the moment it is still pointing towards the sky but i'm sure the downward dive is near.

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.thumb.PNG.2f2fe734a5b772e8334632f81912fc16.PNG

Edited by Skeeta

That is going to stand out like crazy from the highway...it will be a calling card for the park the same way The Thunderbolt was for DW.

@Skeeta did you happen to see if there were more supports already bolted together on the ground in that area?  Just wondering if we will see the same amount of progress in this area tomorrow?

4 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

20170420_135515.thumb.jpg.e013cc755ddd032e0edb26cbbc7445a0.jpg

Was looking at this great picture and with a bit of imagination gives a perspective of how high the ride will be at the lift hill, as it should be about level with Batwing Spaceshot in the background...can't wait.

Thanks again for the pics @Theme Park Girl, awesome.

This hill could now be one of a few things:
1. A very awesome sideways airtime moment (the most likely)
2. A lead into a very awesome overbanked turn (possible, but if we don't see it banking any further we can rule this one out)
3. A very awesome zero-G roll (more unlikely since it looks quite drawn-out)

Therefore, I can conclude that this element will be very awesome

Edited by Santa07

Based on my attempt at joining-the-dots with track pieces I think it might look a little like this, but with the train going in the opposite direction to pictured:

Fury-325-Carowinds-029.thumb.jpg.d570453ef791c8ac79c9bca57a91a23a.jpg

Particularly when you consider that we currently have piece 53 at the top of the hill, so piece 54 presumably would be the next to go in:

53-54.thumb.jpg.8f36ca83a9d425d879781284a802f59e.jpg
Photo: @Glubbo

Edited by rummy

2 hours ago, thunder001 said:

Thanks again for the pics @Theme Park Girl, awesome.

You're welcome 😊

We have an amazing group effort happening! Happy to keep my side of things up so we can all stay on top of the construction piece by piece.

Will try and visit a couple more times over coming days between work shifts, since I live somewhat local to MW (a couple of suburbs over, so a somewhat short drive lol) and I know it can be harder for others due to time and distance involved. 

Very exciting times, hey guys 😆👍

Edited by Theme Park Girl

@Ryande16 It's hard to tell, depends what they want out of the element. I'd like it to reach the maximum height as quick as possible for a bit of sideways ejector, but by the looks of things there's a hell of a lot of speed going into this, so it could go a lot higher if they're tracking out the sort of natural projectile motion (ie. floater airtime).

I'm happy either way, hope it has a good mix of floater/ejector elements.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic