DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

14 minutes ago, jack.c said:

This coaster looks honestly amazing so far. Worlds greatest hyper?! 

As great as it looks, I'm pretty certain it won't be considered as that, purely because it needs to be better than the likes of Superman the Ride and Shambahla, which would be a very impressive thing to accomplish.

The pics are really great, and are certainly hyping things up for me. Unfortunately, at this rate, we're going to know half the layout before we even get an announcement.

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

For those who were asking how tall that top right bit of track is. It looks like it is almost 2 buses lengths high.

So from that it would be safe to say the element is about 25m tall.

It all depends on the construction site if there is weekend work.

Most major buildings will work a saturday morning shift (6am to 12 midday), however not sure it would be required here just yet, as @AlexB you'd see them if the project was a tight time frame or running behind etc (as my guys are about to find out next week :()

For you @Skeeta...you don't need to steal this one haha 😜 And thus concludes TPG's rolling coverage of the Hypercoaster construction for today, as I am now home and have to head to work 😛😆👍

20170421_121949.thumb.jpg.549c404cd91315fd2bd91942b5dd9894.jpg

@LORD_Noodle I don't think Movie World has announced anything more specific than it just being a September opening. But I dare say they will probably aim for it to be ready to go for the school holiday period! 

Edited by Theme Park Girl

5 hours ago, Santa07 said:

[SNIP]

The pics are really great, and are certainly hyping things up for me. Unfortunately, at this rate, we're going to know half the layout before we even get an announcement.

[SNIP]

At this point I don't care about an announcement or themeing. Seeing construction progress and us guessing what-goes-where is a very good distraction.

Edited by Glubbo

3 minutes ago, rummy said:

@Glubbo I'm actually a little torn in that respect; I'd like an announcement that includes what the layout will be, but half the fun is watching construction take place and trying to guess what's being built! :lol:

In that regard, @rummy, I've been thinking a few things.

1) I can confidently match the two photos taken by @Theme Park Girl to the satellite photo. The full versions of her pics give triangulation points: The fence that is indented around a support footing outside of the fence, and the rocky drain outside the front fence (both circled orange and pointing in the direction of her photos). The rectangular concrete footings are the giveaways.

58f9ddaf109d3_hyperapr21.thumb.jpg.561c1bec49628d610b98e23ee15ecce0.jpg

Also, looking at Flash, the turnaround's supports get wider the higher it goes and turns. This would lead me to think the turnaround is a mirror of Flash's (therefore clockwise on the satellite photo), but the current track isn't marrying up to that unless it makes a tight left hand turn. Currently it's making a right hand twist above the orange machinery...

flash-turn.thumb.jpg.944fe099da14f1059a1a126c1798cdbe.jpg

Definitely agree about the turnaround looking like an approximate mirror of Flash's.

I'm thinking that I was wrong about guessing the turnaround to travel up like Flash's does: that vector off of the currently laid track looks an awful lot like it's heading towards the top to take it like a dive loop. Piece 78 has also been puzzling me a little - none of the dual-spine track on Flash's turnaround looks nearly as twisty. 

58f9e3a99b8c5_78minidoublespine.thumb.jpg.09f695159bb1928d1ce5b73c6a42a8dd.jpg

58f9e3aee092f_flashturnaround.thumb.jpg.f4489558522901cece7b92f9e003c7d2.jpg

Side note: That's quite the twisty piece in the background of @Theme Park Girl's photo - anyone happen to catch the number?

58f9e5bab5dab_twistydualspine.thumb.jpg.ad2a18d6f75843eb3db2d319e90a45ee.jpg

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic