DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

@xRazzBerryx something like this, so what is in the bottom hand corner is what was installed today:

5902ec07acd03_ScreenShot2017-04-28at5_11_03pm.thumb.png.863bd902562089cfa4e5e0384bea47f2.png

Yes! Seems like that to me :) It seems like it will do a small incline after the turn around before banking to the right like shown on this picture however It looks to be a bit lower to the ground by looking at these supports.
supports.thumb.jpg.123067b94a8a26bc823061a2ce578947.jpg

44 minutes ago, themagician said:

@xRazzBerryx something like this, so what is in the bottom hand corner is what was installed today:

5902ec07acd03_ScreenShot2017-04-28at5_11_03pm.thumb.png.863bd902562089cfa4e5e0384bea47f2.png

Sofar @docoaster has hit the nail right on the head with his digital theory, both with track style AND location! Impressive stuff. I'm keen to see if he's managed to predict the rest accurately as well 😆

Since the fencing around GL is matched with the new coaster, i'd like to see them make that the 'official' boundary - meaning the internal wall that used to be the external boundary is no longer needed - knock it out, build a big deck over the canal and create a nice new relaxing space near the front of the park.

it's never going to happen but it'd be nice.

6 hours ago, docoaster said:

Here is what my updated simulation looks like. The first two screenshots show the recent status of construction. The last three screenshots show how the track will match the supports already in place.

Fantastic work as usual... it's great to have someone like you here to do all this - it's appreciated by a lot of people!

Looks like a very twisty coaster so far... which I'm very excited about, but I hope we see some massive airtime hills soon!

1 hour ago, thunder001 said:

@MickeyD do the marks go all the way through to where the green lantern ride que comes through? 

Just wondering if they might make changes to the GL que to allow for the new coaster entry to be where the GL one currently starts?

I think you might be right with your assumption @thunder001 because the marks lead straight across to meet the GL queue. This would solve the issue with needing to free up some more space and open up the thoroughfare to the new ride.

I'm currently having a coffee across from MW and looking at the impressive sight of what has been achieved so far. Comparing it to what already exists on the skyline, I can't help but think this ride ia going to be 'The Dark Side of Superman', aka Bizarro.

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

I think you might be right with your assumption @thunder001 because the marks lead straight across to meet the GL queue. This would solve the issue with needing to free up some more space and open up the thoroughfare to the new ride.

If that's the case, I hope they make sure that they relocate the themed area of the queue, because removing the current theming leaves close to no proper theming.

Also, if the ride was Sinesto-themed, it could work really well with the entrance literally right beside GL.

Been offline a few days, caught up from the last 3 pages. Was wanting to comment on pics to suggest certain corners were coming, then @docoasterupdated their NL pics to even more accurate than what I was considering. Advice, people. Don't comment until you've caught up. ;)

I appreciate all the pics over the last few days.

How fast will it be out through the s-bend that head chops the Stengel Dive!

Edited by Glubbo

2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

I'm currently having a coffee across from MW and looking at the impressive sight of what has been achieved so far. Comparing it to what already exists on the skyline, I can't help but think this ride ia going to be 'The Dark Side of Superman', aka Bizarro.

Are they working today, or sticking to the 3 day weekend like the rest of us?

On 27/04/2017 at 10:24 AM, thunder001 said:

[snip]

Also does anyone recall if we were able to get a picture of the number of the track leading to the "loop" end of the installed section...trying to put the pieces together now that I have pictures of most of the track numbers onsite Tuesday...

Thanks

From my April 13 post, it appears that piece 51 is the lowest numbered piece identified. It's obvious that pieces 50 or 49 have been attached as well, as seen in the 4th photo in @themagician post on April 22. Of note is the spline connection in that photo - for a reinforced piece.

Alright folks, here's your photo update from around 4:45pm today.

DSCN7207.thumb.JPG.7a8aaff68e4f9e77946f7fc0d4e638f7.JPGDSCN7208.thumb.JPG.d759e9823594de1a1e6824b84d0f1221.JPG

As per the (NL2) model, the turn under the Stengel Dive has received a few supports.

DSCN7214.thumb.JPG.faa379c237b8692a7c192c1774d076f3.JPGDSCN7226.thumb.JPG.874785ef8f8ce9b63a9ae2b8da1af621.JPG

I believe they were doing the turn-around supports today, as most of them are unfinished.

DSCN7232.thumb.JPG.aee1511964162bb9cd5850cd984ed126.JPG

and finally a panorama of the turnaround areaDSCN7230.thumb.JPG.a5df702357d2087cfc45afea2259c739.JPG

The next piece to go up is Piece #66DSCN7225.thumb.JPG.7afe5e58cf8dd87e01f6def5ff2d325c.JPG

Edited by ThemeTendo
Added 1 more Photo

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic