DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

I've done up a quick sketch on what's been built so far. There might be some errors since this is just based on photos, I'll leave @docoaster to do all the fantastic 3D NoLimits stuff.

9gGIqDz.jpg

Red is obviously what's already been built, blue is the two routes where it could go down now. I feel pretty sure that it'll go down the inner route because the track appears to be un-banking in the most recent photos. I think from there it'll probably wrap around itself a couple of times before making the return journey to the station (perhaps a bit similar to what @docoaster had in his video).

Can someone remind me what piece number the first piece of the Stengel dive is? If it is just after the mid-40s, I feel like it really could be a non-inverting loop - which would be amazing, I've heard the airtime those things give is fantastic. If that is the case, I think the chances of this being a non-inverting hypercoaster are quite a bit higher now.

At the rate they're going I feel like that apart from the lift hill, drop, and perhaps one or two other major elements after the drop, the trackwork will be almost completely finished by the end of this month.

That's also when GL goes into maintenance, so I think it's a very viable guess. You would assume they would finish the lift hill and drop last.

Edit: just noticed that 42 is pictured in the back of @themagician's photo of 43, I'd say that's confirmation the piece below is 43 as well.

If piece 43 photographed today is the same as in this picture by @Theme Park Ninja I'm feeling like a non-inverting loop is becoming a stronger possibility.

59112a5268a3c_42themeparkninjalabled.thumb.jpg.e0d5d924c0dd300c6429bc065826aad4.jpg

I've got a hunch based on the joining pins: on 42 they're facing towards us. When I first saw the pieces I thought if the other in the back is 41 it would be a zero-g; if it's 43 it would have to be something else. This is because the close end of 42 is optimised for leveling out whereas the far end has some pitch to it:

59112a56f1f92_42themeparkninja-r1.thumb.jpg.99adae4e66287255e1ed4bea823324b4.jpg
59112a5a9be70_42themeparkninja-r2.thumb.jpg.74ca66cb46be949dda0b9a5defa63545.jpg

You can see in the inverted picture how that'd make a pretty awkward zero-g since the track shoots up at the end, but for a non-inverting the pitch drops it back in to the loop nicely. Again, if the other is 43 they have to join together at the level end due to the pins on 42, which wouldn't really work for a zero-g but strengthens the case for a non-inverting loop.

@Santa07 the piece at the start of the Stengel is 49. That would give 5 pieces available between that and the twisty parts. For a little bit of reference I counted how many pieces are in one half of the Flash loop:

59112c7f8d8b0_flashlooppieces.thumb.jpg.9403eff313dbeb2bb917cdd42446d8d7.jpg

That's 6-7 pieces up to the zone where it would start twisting. With a loop a little smaller 5 pieces definitely seems plausible to fill the half loop from twist to ground. At least now that #48 is on site we shouldn't have to wait too long to see some support structure to get some extra clues :D

Edited by rummy

Just sitting in the Movieworld carpark now enjoying some McDonald's and admiring this beast of a coaster.  As said in a few posts, the photos don't do this thing justice.  The impression you get as you turn into Movieworld, this coaster just blows you away.  The large crane is currently maneuvering into a new position .  There is not much track left in the holding yard but there is still 6 containers that look like they haven't been unloaded yet.  

On 08/05/2017 at 9:11 PM, xRazzBerryx said:

@themagician Have they connected the turn around to the S-Bend? If not, does anyone know why they're waiting to do that bit?

On 08/05/2017 at 11:17 PM, themagician said:

No they haven't yet @xRazzBerryx the track pieces are on site ready to be installed, but don't know why they haven't yet. 

Vehicle/crane access?

The track is just loosely bolted in-place for now to be self-supporting and they will join it properly later.  maybe those bits will go in last after the dive-loop is fully bolted together?

@Brad2912 You must have turned up while they were on a break.  I did a head count for you and I counted 7 Logan Steel workers.   The containers were getting unloaded and a few of the workers were working on the track they had already installed between Stengel Dive and the Inclined Dive Loop.  (Look at us, Richard has us talking all proper) Both cherry pickers were being used.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic