DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Dropped past MW this morning with the DSLR for some snap.

Nothing new in the way of construction photos but i thought some might like to see some of my shots anyway  

When going past on way home there is another piece of track added to the spaghetti bowl.   Too dark to get a decent shot.

MWcoaster-4.jpg

MWcoaster-1.jpg

MWcoaster-2.jpg

MWcoaster-3.jpg

MWcoaster-5.jpg

MWcoaster-6.jpg

MWcoaster-7.jpg

MWcoaster-8.jpg

MWcoaster-9.jpg

MWcoaster-10.jpg

IMG_8401.thumb.JPG.de4932d87da2974853b2230106fa52f3.JPG

Heaps of construction must have occurred yesterday, the part that cuts under the Stengel Dive with the airtime twist now has a full left diving inclined loop or helix underneath the area of the expected non-inverting loop.

Both the entry and exit of the non-inverting loop are in place.

IMG_8400.thumb.JPG.b6ef24a697f983f1737e8a21fa3942c6.JPGPics from my fruit phone, taking more on my DSLR.

It looks like the helix will complete two wrap-around of the N-I loop's base the first one as seen in the pic is high to low diving, the second one low to high, if that makes sense.

Lots of supports being unloaded ATM, with the occasional piece of track being moved into the ride footprint. 

IMG_8402.thumb.JPG.06fffe00afb424e950edac5e18f8eb59.JPG

I got a few close up pics of the track pieces inside the holding yard, including piece 105. 

I haven't been here since before track was going in, but there seems to be quite a cracking pace here. Maybe trying to get as much done as possible before the next 2 days of predicted heavy rain.

IMG_8403.thumb.JPG.e3113f950591c6ffa7b0d9767394dcdb.JPG

Edited by Glubbo

30 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Really looking forward to the headchoppers that mess of track will create

As someone who has an abnormally high seated height (shoulder bars usually cut in painfully) the apparent head chopper effects are less welcome... :P

1 hour ago, Cactus_Matt said:

So by the looks of this picture the track goes through the hole of the loop/non invert loop twice? If so, that's so cool!

Wow, I didn't realise the track was going to penetrate the hole. Double penetration in fact. Has that been done on many coasters before?

If its anything like the double helix on Goliath at MM i would be more then pleased. As i can remember that thing packed a huge amount of g's for something that looked like a family ride element, and is the reason i now never underestimate a rollercoasters power 😂😂

3 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

Wow, I didn't realise the track was going to penetrate the hole. Double penetration in fact. Has that been done on many coasters before?

You sure you're on the right website mate? 😂

4 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

If its anything like the double helix on Goliath at MM i would be more then pleased. As i can remember that thing packed a huge amount of g's for something that looked like a family ride element, and is the reason i now never underestimate a rollercoasters power 😂😂

I think I'm literally the only person who hates the helix on Goliath 😳 It literally makes me grey out every time. Perhaps I'm a weakling 😬😂

5 minutes ago, jack.c said:

I think I'm literally the only person who hates the helix on Goliath 😳 It literally makes me grey out every time. Perhaps I'm a weakling 😬😂

This could be because you are not breathing correctly during the ride.  An example would be holding your breath.  If you tend to greyout suck in some extra oxygen before/during the element. 

A fighter pilot wears an oxygen mask to reduce the effects of high-g manoeuvres.

It’s called partial-pressure breathing for G (PPG), which pushes high-pressure air into your lungs during high-g manoeuvres, which increases g tolerance.

You don’t have a mask on a coaster but if it always happens you can try to force more air into your lungs.

8 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

This could be because you are not breathing correctly during the ride.  An example would be holding your breath.  If you tend to greyout suck in some extra oxygen before/during the element. 

A fighter pilot wears an oxygen mask to reduce the effects of high-g manoeuvres.

It’s called partial-pressure breathing for G (PPG), which pushes high-pressure air into your lungs during high-g manoeuvres, which increases g tolerance.

You don’t have a mask on a coaster but if it always happens you can try to force more air into your lungs.

A friend of mine mentioned this when I was there last week - still happened! I find it bizarre because I never grey out during the pretzel loop on tatsu (which I believe feels more forceful) 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic