Richard

2017 Movie World roller coaster construction discussion

3,422 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Hmm. Surely there's already plenty of twists and rolls (for those who enjoy that sort of thing) on Green Lantern.

You need to remember GL's inversions are slow with lots of hang time - almost gentle. I wouldn't mind one or two fast-paced, intense rolls on the new coaster. Sure, AA has them, but sometimes it's a little rough - this coaster I'm sure will be glossy smooth.

I'd choose an airtime hill over a loop any day, but I won't be fussed if they add a few inversions. I've never experienced it but I heard the heart line roll on Blue Fire is pretty intense & good. 

32 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Hmm. Surely there's already plenty of twists and rolls (for those who enjoy that sort of thing) on Green Lantern.

What would be wrong with just some pleasant ups and downs at moderàte speed? It wouldn't really live up to any movie theme, but at least it would be enjoyable as well as providing some interesting views.

Arent there moderate speed gentle ups and downs on Roadrunner, and start of Scooby Doo?

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or am i the only person that loves to experience extreme whiplash and getting thrown around on a coaster? 

2 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I'd choose an airtime hill over a loop any day, but I won't be fussed if they add a few inversions. I've never experienced it but I heard the heart line roll on Blue Fire is pretty intense & good. 

Only if its ejector airtime, besides that i'd much prefer a heart line roll any day of the week, especially if you're going through it at over 80kms/h!!

Edited by Ryande16

2 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Is it just me or am i the only person that loves to experience extreme whiplash

The only people who say they love extreme whiplash are people who have never experienced extreme whiplash... 

3 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Is it just me or am i the only person that loves to experience extreme whiplash

Yeah it's just you, Most people prefer to be uninjured when they get off a rollercoaster.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pd46 said:

Yeah it's just you, Most people prefer to be uninjured when they get off a rollercoaster.

Thats half the experience though, obviously not getting injured but a bit of head banging and whiplash makes it fun IMO! That's why Lethal weapon back in the day and X2 are my favourite rides.

Edited by Ryande16

That's not extreme whiplash. 

Extreme whiplash is a car rear-ending you at 60km/h when your sitting stationary

@JaggedJanine It wouldn't surprise me.  I arrived back on the coast last night and did a drive through on my way home and noticed they had a few supports put together inside of the compound.  I also noticed they are asphalting between the new concrete crossover and the rear of the car park.

26 minutes ago, AlexB said:

sounds like i need to make a trip down there tomorrow to poke around.

And still no announcement.  MW management meeting.  “Nothing to see here move along”

MW can’t blame people if the start blurting what they know.  I know I can only hold my breath for so long.

Which section of the supports are they installing? Like the location? I can't tell. 

1 minute ago, djrappa said:

I figure today would be an amazing day to head down and see coaster nerds in their natural habbitat in all their glory, cameras pushed up to the fence :P

I don't even have a camera but the fence will leave an impression on my face sometime today.

10 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Which section of the supports are they installing? Like the location? I can't tell. 

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.thumb.png.66942c86270600e6bbcbe6acb7bc0507.png

Is this correct @Theme Park Girl ?

Just now, Ryande16 said:

Didnt  realise how quick they can put them in. They could easily put in another 5 by the end of the day.

Yeah, the ones low to the ground really don't require too much effort to put in place. Of course, the larger ones will probably take a fair bit longer to line up properly (and will most certainly need a bigger crane).

Posted (edited)

Great to see the supports going up but it's sad to see no announcement :( Some parks overseas have just announced their 2018 rides, and yet we're still waiting on one that is opening in 5 months.. 

IMG_2803.JPG

Edited by xRazzBerryx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Popular Now

• Topics

• Similar Content

• By loki75
      I also got the park today and was impressed. I look at the top of Batwing and think this coaster will be the same height. 
      Fence at Green Lantern isn't blocked of either so here are a couple of pics.

• By Reanimated35
      There's plenty of debate, but which side will you sit on?
    • By Skeeta
      With vertical construction nearing a start, a question needs to be answered.  If the maximum height of the new coaster at Movie World reaches only 196.8ft is it a Hypercoaster. 

My thoughts:  The whole idea of a Hypercoaster is not a metric thing.   The 200ft height is a number that was dreamt up.  If somebody in Australia came up with the idea of a Hypercoaster the height wouldn't have been set to 200ft, it would have been set to 60m.  (Would you call that 196.8ft or would you just round it off to 200ft) The problem of converting imperial to metric measurements is feet it will never give you a nice number which is what 200ft is.  If they wanted it at 61 metres it would have been 200.1288ft which it is not. 
      Therefore, RCDB has given it a height of 196.8ft not because it’s not a Hypercoaster but because it gives you a nice clean number of 60 metres.
    • By Parkz News
      This Movie World hypercoaster rendering is cool... but it's not real
      A fan video put together that uses satellite photos of the construction site to extrapolate the layout of Warner Bros. Movie World's forthcoming hypercoaster is good fun, but it's nothing more than a guess.
      Click here to continue reading
    • By Richard
      With the complete placement of the roller coaster's footings now visible on satellite imagery (thanks @themagician) we have a basic idea of the coaster's approximate layout.
      The competition here is to use this satellite image to design what you think the coaster layout will be.
      Use this image to design your layout.

Prize
      The winner will receive their choice of any t-shirts from our range in stock, subject to size and design availability. Includes free postage within Australia.
      Rules
      Entries are open from now until when vertical construction commences. Once we have confirmation that supports and track are going up no more entries will be accepted. Your layout must be drawn onto the satellite image provided in this topic. No other images will be accepted. Do not crop, rotate or otherwise alter the original image. You can resize it if needed but please submit your entry at a resolution no less than 1000x578px. You can make multiple revisions and submissions but only your most recent will be judged. In the event that two different members submit identical or substantively close entries we will only judge the first. Winners will be judged once the track layout is completed and satellite footage of the finished track is available. Entry is open to all Parkz members. If you have inside knowledge obviously be aware of your contractual obligations and remember what the prize is. Do you really want to be the person that cheated for a $30 t-shirt? We recommend you get in early as vertical construction is likely to commence in the near future!
      Design suggestions
      Sketch in MS Paint, Photoshop or whatever other tool you are comfortable with. Above all keep it simple and clear. The layout should be a top-down 2D representation of the track. Don't show any vertical elevation or 3D projections. Portray your track layout with a single, clear, bold line in a colour that stands out from the satellite photo's colours. You do not need to mark support columns, station design or other elements. If you are circling and/or labeling elements, do so in a different contrasting colour to the main track layout. Use small arrows in a different colour to aide in showing the track direction, particularly where track overlaps. Use sparingly though. Everything you wish to say about your design should be included in the image; don't design it so it requires an accompanying post to describe or explain it. Judging
      The entries will be judged by the team of Parkz Community Leaders based on a number of criteria:
      Accuracy. How closely the layout matches the line of the track. At the same time we're not necessarily looking for pinpoint accuracy but rather a design that reasonably portrays the finished layout. Elements. Correct placement and labeling of key and unique ride elements such as station, lift hill, first drop, inversions, overbanked turns, brakes or any other elements. You don't need to label each and every drop, hill or turn but rather key features. We will be judging based on the images on their own without any outside explanation or description. Theme, colour and other elements of the experience wont be judged. We're not judging graphic design skills. Simply ensure your image is clear, concise and well labelled without being overly complicated or cluttered. Entries must be uploaded/attached to a post in this topic to be considered. Judging is final and entirely at the discretion of the Parkz Community Leaders.
      Example
      Here's an example of what we're looking for. You don't have to follow this template in terms of colours or anything, but just make it similarly clear. And of course it goes without saying that this is a comically wrong layout that you'd be wise to not use for inspiration given it ignores most of the footings. And obviously it's got the station and lift hill all wrong. 

Good luck!