Richard

2017 Movie World roller coaster

2,537 posts in this topic

I don't expect this one to get much activity just yet, but to try and separate the discussion of these two very different projects, let's try and keep all roller coaster speculation and discussion here. Discussion about Doomsday Destroyer, the 2016 flat ride is over here.

A few pieces of reading materials to get things started:

And our ride profile, where we'll have all likely and confirmed information as it comes to light:

http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Gold_Coast/Warner_Bros_Movie_World/ride/2445-Unknown_Roller_Coaster

I'm keeping out of this discussion.  I had no idea with the last one, even with all the clues.   I keeping my involvement to one liners and criticism.   I tell you one thing.  It’s not a real coaster unless it has a dark section with loads of theming.

3 hours ago, skeetafly said:

I'm keeping out of this discussion.  I had no idea with the last one, even with all the clues.   I keeping my involvement to one liners and criticism.   I tell you one thing.  It’s not a real coaster unless it has a dark section with loads of theming.

And looks like a Monorail?

I really hope we see something similar to Blue Fire MegaCoaster in Europa Park. I had the privilege to visit the park last year and this coaster was definitely a stand out among the rest. So smooth and an amazing experience 

5 hours ago, Slick said:

I would love to see something like this, which is a POV of one of the coasters Richard mentioned in his article.

That thing looks amazing but imagine an evacuation from the very top of the lift hill as those stairs seem almost vertical. Would be an experience in itself just getting down them

1 hour ago, AllegroCrab said:

Makes you wonder why they even bothered with the microphone.

Just you wait until you watch my Hot Wheels Sidewinder video. Terrible audio for days. 

21 hours ago, Slick said:

I would love to see something like this, which is a POV of one of the coasters Richard mentioned in his article.

This is exactly what Australia needs. A massive lift hill, long ride time, and just all out impressive. It would dominate the skyline. I also have no doubt it would draw the crowds in for a long time to come. Seriously hoping.

On 2/26/2016 at 3:18 PM, Slick said:

That looks really fun. Movieworld can just build a clone of it and be sorted. Even the name can be the same, since it fits in to Movie DC Superhero World just fine!

I don't actually mind Robb's commentary. If I want something without commentary I head over to CF, but if I want a change to a POV I head over to TPR, just for a nice change.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Parkz Gear

T-shirts, lanyards and more now in stock!

Shop Now
  • Topics

• Similar Content

• By WillowTree64
      Hi there! I haven't visited the gold coast since 2010, and I'm thinking about returning for a trip later this year in December. Could somebody please offer a quick summary of the current state of the parks there? I'm specifically interested in Dreamworld/White Water World, Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet n Wild. Those are the parks I'm most familiar with, but I'm sure there's way more worth visiting on/around the coast. So if you could offer what your experiences have been like recently, it would be very much appreciated. What's the best? What's the worst?
      Looking into other forum posts, and the recent news articles - I've got the feeling Village Roadshow Parks isn't doing so hot lately. But maybe I'm mistaken on that, what do you think? 
      Thank you for your time. 
    • By Jamberoo Fan
      I just found a website where you can view high-quality historical satellite imagery of the Gold Coast. It is amazing seeing the theme parks in such detail in the past.
      Just an idea to 'past the time' until MW's hypercoaster track/support pieces appear, if anyone wants to see something specific of a Gold Coast theme park, just post below and I'll upload one (or the most popular request) each day until then. I'll provide the link to the full website (and thus, the source of the imagery) when the pieces arrive if there was something you wanted to see that had not yet been posted.
      To start off, here is Sea World on Tuesday the 10th of July 1973:

• By YLFATEEKS
      How can the theme parks in Australia stop people having no confidence in them?

This is what what was said after the GD safety stop.

“We spent the day at dream world today and obviously started off with the iconic 'giant drop.' After spending 5-10minutes stuck up the top and my missus getting quiet nervous saying 'this isn't right we shouldn't be up here for this long,' we finally came down. We were offered no explanation at the bottom, even though we were greeted servicemen/engineers and security, and were ushered along and out the gate quickly. Throughout the day we also noticed that no other visitors were riding the giant drop and it remained empty. I am disappointed in the lack of communication from the staff in this anxious time and suggest that visitors are better informed and looked after in the event of another ride failure, especially the giant drop! “
      Other people’s replies
      “I'm glad you are both okay. “
      “I didn’t see anything on the news glad your ok “
      “OMG, I hope you guys are okay! I heard about this and saw you were at Dreamworld, luckily no one got injured this time! “
      “Absolutely disgusting it's not good enough,this time all were ok thankfully😱Same as SeaWorld some of their rides weren't operating but still full price “
      “There seems to be a spate of equipment hiccups, and failures, with some of these rides, lately. Glad you guys came out on the good side of the ledger. “
      “Going to buy a lotto ticket I think! “
      “Its disgusting after everything thats happened there you would have tjought they would have spoke etc to you “
      “Not good think things are getting to old need replacing “
      “Katie Stevens this man is not concerned the sensors worked- good thing they did or who knows what could of happened. What he is saying is that there was a severe lack of communication from Dreamworld around the incident. This was a big enough incident to alert engineers and security and it even made the news. There should have been communication for all patrons who were on the ride at the time “
      “now I'm freakish out about our visit “
      “They haven't learned “
      “OMG!!! Not good. Are you guys ok? Huge spit needs to happen- not good enough!!! So long as you 2 are ok that's the main thing it Dreamworld Gold Coast need to get their act together!!!! “
      “The fact we were able to ride the attraction while it obviously wasn't in 100% working condition is in itself concerning, just expected better from dreamworld “

I totally understand people feeling like this.
      The media have beaten DW up and now are beating every other park up.
      What I would like to know from the parks is why does it come across they are not fighting back.
      All the parks know that every stoppage is going to be pasted everywhere.
      I think all the parks need to come together on this and create some type of positive campaign about why rides stop.
      At the very least when something does happen they need to talk to the customers.
      Customers are anxious and it’s up to the parks to solve this.

• By YLFATEEKS
      Road Runner Rollercoaster was the 2nd ride to make it into Parkz All Stars Aussie Theme Park.  Escape from Madagascar is the 2nd ride turned into paperclips.

Parkz All Stars Aussie Theme Park line up

1: Jet Rescue

2: Road Runner Rollercoaster.

I know everybody has been checking in every 5mins to see who will battle next and the wait is now over thanks to @Santa07.    @Santa07 gave us a selection of 3 but I thought I would stuff it up and add one more..

It’s time to battle! which one will be left standing?