DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Well you tuber thrill central has done a video on movieworld getting a hyper. He's alleging that the gcb article about it is proof of what's happening. I personally think he just ran out of video ideas but anyway you should go check it out. And as we know, although HIGHLY unlikely, the mack crates have not been confirmed as for the new coaster. And that is pretty much the only other provided source to back his information. (Other than gcb)

Edited by Aw hype

4 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Height has almost correlation with the quality of the ride and the amount of thrills, In my experience....It's everything after the high point which counts IMO.

I completely agree with what your saying. But remember this is going to act as a major symbol for MW. This will be the first thing you are going to see when you come to MW (If it is the Hyper Coaster). So for this to have a big impact on first impressions height and size will be a major impact.

44 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Well you tuber thrill central has done a video on movieworld getting a hyper. He's alleging that the gcb article about it is proof of what's happening. I personally think he just ran out of video ideas but anyway you should go check it out. And as we know, although HIGHLY unlikely, the mack crates have not been confirmed as for the new coaster. And that is pretty much the only other provided source to back his information. (Other than gcb)

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the ground supports and bolts used are identical to flash at lewa adventure.

10 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:

I Think The Names Of The Rollercoaster Will Be Called: Wonder Woman Lasso Of Truth, Blue Beetles Mega Coaster, The Flash Speed Reborn

Well that's a world first - a rollercoaster with 3 names. 

Blue Beetles? Wtf... I'll tell you what, if that is the final name of the coaster when it opens in 12 months, I'll buy you a Parkz membership, for life. 

7 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the ground supports and bolts used are identical to flash at lewa adventure.

Clearly takes someone smarter than you to realise Mack coasters use the same basic foundation supports

So what if the ride turns out to be less than a 100 feet at it's highest point, yet performs multiple kick arse manoeuvres and double launches, would we still be disappointed?

Regardless of the initial drop of this ride, I am quietly confident that there are some serious Theme Park Experts at the healm of MW nowadays - some whom regularly visit this site - they are not about to blow tens of millions on a lemon people. Take stock that this ride will seriously impress. I am hoping for an impressive first big drop exceeding the level of the current offerings, but I am not about to lose sleep if it doesn't.

One more thing, I would be very surprised if the ride takes all the way through till December 2017 to build. Major works will be complete in the next few months and once done, expect the assembly of the ride to happen quickly, as history has shown. Even SDSC didn't take that long to build.

I'm crossing fingers for a mid (jun/jul) 2017 launch, a nice surprise indeed! Definately by Sep/Oct holidays I say?

28 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Exactly! providing more evidence that it is a Mack ride

Exactly, that's my point!!!

I didn't know the ride manufacturer was still a point of conjecture.. 

@MickeyD I've always thought a September school holiday launch would be best placed to allow them to maximise Christmas/summer attendance with holidaymakers

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

@djrappa @AlexB sounds like one of your favourite type of people.

@Theme Park Girl I agree with that post and in hindsight should have kept my mouth shut. Can't prove what I've said and will just have to wait for construction to continue.

4 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Are the footing locations on the plans @loki75?

Why wouldn't the locations be on plans?

So many random topics to comment on.  In no particular order: 

17 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

@MickeyD I've always thought a September school holiday launch would be best placed to allow them to maximise Christmas/summer attendance with holidaymakers

On the other hand most passes get renewed (or not) in June/July.  Getting a full year out of such an expensive ride might not be an awful plan.  Tend to agree though that September/October seems the likely time for opening.

Also are we on the part of the loop where people don't think it'll be a hyper built by MACK again?  Someone let me know when we're back to the bit we were at before.  Also 300 v 200 feet.  Personally I don't care.  I think people would be surprised how big a full circuit Hyper coaster is.  You don't normally see gigas really use that extra speed for extra length.  It all just goes into one big drop, for me, as nice as it is, 200 feet is pretty sweet.

Also @loki75, don't feel too bad.  People on this site are just used to people coming on and saying 'I know but you don't' sort of stuff.  You've made some actual predictions that people will be able to compare against the finished product, so people will know later what the truth was/is.   

Although something over 300 feet tall would be cool and give an immediate visual perspective of the park IMO after the first drop is when you can start to enjoy yourself. AA is a great roller coaster  - it's not all about the height. GL is a great roller coaster - not about the height.

As much as I would like to see a 300 foot high coaster I'm relatively happy with whatever they build, aslong as it is both visually pleasing (which movie world always delivers) and physically enjoyable to ride.

Edited by Jackson13Walasek

6 hours ago, loki75 said:

Why wouldn't the locations be on plans?

Firstly, when you said this (below) I wasn't sure if you were hinting to me that I should look at the footing locations in current & future photos posted on Parkz or whether you had seen them on the plans yourself:

11 hours ago, loki75 said:

@Jamberoo Fan I'd look at footing locations and track position in relation to the station.

Either way, I mainly asked because you said 'birds eye view' so some footings could be located directly underneath the track & thus potentially not exactly visible on the plans. Launches usually have footings underneath the track - same with brake runs. I look at DA plans quite often and applicants usually submit numerous plans for different elements of a project so my initial thought was that footing locations would be on a separate plan especially given some footings might be located directly underneath the track (builders would have a difficult time with plans that have some footing locations hidden by track) & that footing placement was the only part of the project that was of immediate importance in May. If the project was extremely secret, would they give the track layout plan to construction companies 6 months prior to track being installed? (They might need to - I really don't know) They recently advertised the tenders for track installation so it makes sense having track layout plans that were recently issued.

Due to the reasons above, I simply couldn't imagine a plan that showed both the track layout & footing locations and that's why I asked if the footing locations were on the track layout plan you saw. That's also why I originally asked how do you know for sure it is a lift hill. I was just wondering if it was a guess based on the plans you've seen, whether you got multiple plans and you just joined the pieces together or whether there was a symbol/marking on the track layout plan that indicated 'chain/cable lift' or '(block) brakes' etc. Otherwise, you would need really detailed plans to know which footings match with what track parts particularly around the narrow area of the old security gate/checkpoint bridge - 2 separate pieces of track could be in that area & somehow you can tell which footings are for a lift hill (if any) & which aren't? Plans would also show where supports go - something you didn't exactly mention. A plan that shows footing locations, the track but not the supports doesn't convince me you know for sure where the lift hill is. If you had a plan(s) that shows all 3 - footings, supports & track, then it would be accurate and easy to tell where the lift hill is & I'd be more convinced.

Out of all the possible answers I'd thought you'd response to my 'how you know it's a lift hill' question - guess, multiple plans, symbols/markings & sorry, confidential - you said footing/track positions near the station & I wasn't expecting that answer as everyone knows that a lift hill is on 1 of 2 sides of a station and that footings alone could mean anything particularly with something near a station (lift hill or brake run? - they are both in a straight line) and near a narrow location like the old security gate/checkpoint bridge. Mainly, I'm just not convinced yet that you interpreted the lift hill location correctly. Sorry I wrote a lot - couldn't explain my thoughts well enough but just to get a better idea of why I'm not convinced, I've made these 'artist impressions':

On 02/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, loki75 said:

Lift hill appears to run along the road from Justice League to GL then makes 90 degree turn right...and then under the lift hill following it part of the way before breaking left to circle back into the station.

If I replace 'lift hill' with 'track', I get:

• "track appears to run along the road from Justice League to GL then makes 90 degree turn right..."
  • "and then under the track following it part of the way before breaking left to circle back into the station"

On an aerial image, I imagine it like this (approximately):

Aerial.jpg

The pink section being the part that runs "under the track" & the red track going along the car park entrance road being 2 separate tracks (one heading north west & the other south east).

From that layout, to involve a lift hill, I can imagine 2 versions:

Version 1: Lift Hill on MW side & brake run on swamp side.

LiftHill1.jpg

Version 2: Brake run on MW side & lift hill on swamp side:

LiftHill2.jpg

Note: Supports are not meant to be accurate nor the track colours or type of drop. Version 2 isn't at a good angle to show the lift hill - it was just the best angle for me to figure out the minimum height for the hypercoaster based on the height of nearby landmarks.

I based the lift hill on the lift hill of Lewa Adventure's Flash, which I believe is on a 45 degree angle so the height of the coaster pretty much matches the lift hill's ground catheti (Google Earth's scale might not be accurate - might want to check that ground catheti for accuracy on NearMaps @AlexB).

@loki75, is the station in the right spot? Based on your description, I assumed that was the spot (though I'm not sure if the 'angle in relation to the road' is correct).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

@Jamberoo Fan

i love your passion, that you are detailed, you explain yourself. 

BUT...

im not sure whether it's your style of writing or an actual belief, but you are increasingly coming across as a "I know more than you do" "holy than thou" contributor. 

We have @loki75 join the conversation and offer up some info he feels comfortable sharing, and whilst we all receive anything unconfirmed with trepidation and an element of skepticism, you wrote post after post, and long drawn out ones at that, basically telling him he's wrong, but at the same time admitting you haven't seen the plans yourself so are only guessing. 

You need to ease back, not in your number of posts or your effort to get involved in topics, most of your stuff is quality, but you are starting to really overanalyse and over critique to the point your posts have gone from adding value to the conversation to now being about trying to prove you know more and everyone else is wrong.

@Jamberoo Fan Wow quite a detailed analysis.

I too was surprised with the amount of info in the full tender package I received after seeing just the locality map and track layout.

In regards to footing positions ones further away from the track would seem to indicate support for a greater height.

Looking at Flash @ Lewa also by Mack Rides large supports can be seen on the right hand side and a long straight section from the station.

The left doesn't show any large supports.

Flash.JPG

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

@Jamberoo Fan

i love your passion, that you are detailed, you explain yourself. 

BUT...

im not sure whether it's your style of writing or an actual belief, but you are increasingly coming across as a "I know more than you do" "holy than thou" contributor. 

We have @loki75 join the conversation and offer up some info he feels comfortable sharing, and whilst we all receive anything unconfirmed with trepidation and an element of skepticism, you wrote post after post, and long drawn out ones at that, basically telling him he's wrong, but at the same time admitting you haven't seen the plans yourself so are only guessing. 

You need to ease back, not in your number of posts or your effort to get involved in topics, most of your stuff is quality, but you are starting to really overanalyse and over critique to the point your posts have gone from adding value to the conversation to now being about trying to prove you know more and everyone else is wrong.

@Brad2912 I appreciate what you are saying here but to be fair, there are certainly people on this board that this opinion would apply to more than @Jamberoo Fan. Funnily enough, these posters are never checked or called out , even though this same criteria you have applied here to Jamberoo Fan would be a far truer statement for them.

I understand that this is your opinion and perception, and I am not saying that it is wrong per se, however, I feel we need to apply a little bit of balance and consistency to all. 

For mine, I have had no issue with Jamberoo's posts, they are certainly far more welcome than some of the guff that occasionally gets presented here as serious conversation.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

Edited by Jobe

33 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

I thought the station was going to be located parallel with the road. I guess not then?

I believed that the station was at the end of the road. I wasn't sure what direction it was facing though.

8 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Version 1: Lift Hill on MW side & brake run on swamp side.

LiftHill1.jpg

Version 2: Brake run on MW side & lift hill on swamp side:

LiftHill2.jpg

Note: Supports are not meant to be accurate nor the track colours or type of drop. Version 2 isn't at a good angle to show the lift hill - it was just the best angle for me to figure out the minimum height for the hypercoaster based on the height of nearby landmarks.

I based the lift hill on the lift hill of Lewa Adventure's Flash, which I believe is on a 45 degree angle so the height of the coaster pretty much matches the lift hill's ground catheti (Google Earth's scale might not be accurate - might want to check that ground catheti for accuracy on NearMaps @AlexB).

@loki75, is the station in the right spot? Based on your description, I assumed that was the spot (though I'm not sure if the 'angle in relation to the road' is correct).

This is very in-depth and interesting. You pictures are great. It really gives a sense of scale when you look at tiny Green Lantern over shadowed below. This ride will change the view of the landscape massively. People will definitely be able to see this ride from their houses. Just wondering if that would be an issue? It wasn't with Tower Of Terror so I don't think it could be, but people are getting angry at the construction of a car park, so you never know. 

Compared with rides other parts of the world are getting, I believe Movie World would have chance to win the Golden Ticket Awards for Best New Attraction Of 2017. At the least I believe that this ride could take the cake for best roller coaster in Australia easily.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic