DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

6 hours ago, iwerks said:

Yeah, I saw the wink. I suppose the danger is a lot of people read these forums and take what is said as gospel. You're lucky TPSN is not reporting that coaster design as official. ?

Why lucky? I think TPSN reporting on that as official would be hilarious, and right up there with the Fountain!

54 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Maybe if you actually used you used your mind you would realise it's a joke. How can someone not realise it's a joke. It's so obvious it's not the blueprint. I just posted it for people to have a laugh, but apparently this forum is the bible and no jokes are accepted, atleast 1 or 2 people got the joke.

The trouble is, this community is not new. it's been going for over 12 years. Many seasoned vets on here have seen people come and go and post outlandish things as truth, and it's pretty much the boy who cried wolf. You're new on the block - you've only got so much time to make a good first impression. You started out bold by creating lots of new posts, which is good that you're trying to promote discussion, its great that you're keen and enthusiastic about the parks - a lot of us are - but you're very quickly giving yourself a reputation (*screw the reputation points - i'm just talking about the impression you're giving) of an annoying twerp that people just ignore.

As many have said to you already - just sit back and observe for a little while and see how things run - then join in the fun!

That plan would be a cool color scheme though. The only problem I see with a flash themed ride, is that they would have to paint it red. They could paint it yellow, for the lightning, and the cars could be red for the flash, that would be cool, but there is a yellow flash and this might get confusing. If they paint the track red, it would easily get confused with Superman, because the triangular track of Intamin and mack are very similar and if they have the same color... Black looks nice though.

3 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Maybe if you actually used you used your mind you would realise it's a joke. How can someone not realise it's a joke. It's so obvious it's not the blueprint. I just posted it for people to have a laugh, but apparently this forum is the bible and no jokes are accepted, atleast 1 or 2 people got the joke.

You're an angry little merkin ain't you. I picture you to be like a cranky Chihuahua, new on the block and trying get noticed by all the bigger dogs, so you are doing your best to make a lot of noise.

That's all good and fine, you have everyone's attention. Now let's see if you can accept a life of normality here and integrate or if you'll forever feel like you're out of place and little dog syndrome will stop you from enjoying your time here and annoy the crap out of everyone.. 

• @Brad2912Oh, god I just realised you sound like me with your analysts of things.  Nah ;)

I want to talk about the coaster again and I believe somebody has already set up a new topic about why don't you love me mummy.

I would like to talk about how many trains do people think this coaster needs or wants?  I want 3. My theory is if you are already splashing out on this coaster, why stop at 2?  In the scheme of things what is an extra million? (Skeet does not know how much a train cost or pretends too)

Edited by YLFATEEKS

The Flying Dinosaur had 4 trains, and they were all operating on my visit. And lucky the were because the normal queue was 3hrs, thankfully I had a fast pass, but still had a 15 minute wait. But in regards to the 4 train operation, they had 2 stations which always would have 2 trains in. While they are being loaded/unloaded one train would be on the track, while the fourth one would be waiting to enter the station until one was dispatched. The speed of loading and moving trains out was crazy fast, and worked really well.

26 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I would like to talk about how many trains do people think this coaster needs or wants?  I want 3. My theory is if you are already splashing out on this coaster, why stop at 2?  In the scheme of things what is an extra million? (Skeet does not know how much a train cost or pretends too)

I think 3 would be preferable - one on track, one loading, one unloading - assuming they have an unload station. Presuming for the height and layout we could expect a decent ride time and a couple of blocks to permit this.

Thats what I want... but lets be realistic. MW frequently runs their rides 'bare bones' for capacity. Unless the ride HAS to run 3 trains all the time, (or at least two) they'll park the other two on a regular basis and only open them up on the busiest of days... and that being the case, probably wouldn't justify the extra million, or even 2...

Given the park's common reputation as a half day park,but woeful capacity operations on busier days, I'll say it NEEDS three trains, but WANTS 2.

31 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I would like to talk about how many trains do people think this coaster needs or wants?  I want 3. My theory is if you are already splashing out on this coaster, why stop at 2?  In the scheme of things what is an extra million?

I would expect to see three trains so that there are two trains available to operate at all times. I don't see it being designed to actually operate three trains, purely because there's no way operations here would be able to keep up with dispatch times to make this worthwhile.

We're at a point now with memberships/VIP passes that there is no longer an off-peak season where it's acceptable to operate with one train. With figures like $30 million being thrown around, then the expectation is obviously that this coaster will be a huge driver of attendance in order to justify that kind of expense. If you're confident in its strength as a drawcard, then you have to be planning to be able to operate at capacity year-round.

For what it's worth, Superman Escape is desperately overdue for a third train as well to allow it to mostly operate with two, as is Arkham Asylum for a second.

I think yes because MW want to make money. Shops make money. Roller coasters can have onboard photos. Shops sell onboard photos. Photos cost money. Park makes money. Look at vIllians unleashed area has its own shop. 

I am hoping this roller coaster will come in a Themed area like vIllians unleashed area which will hopful have some great theming like we have seen movie world do this year with DD and VIllians unleashed.

2 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I think 3 would be great and would be needed given this is most likely going to be the longest coaster we've seen so expect the ride time to be longer. However given what the park currently has on Superman and Arkham we could end up with 2 trains.

The other question is how many cars per train 5 or 6?

Flash (AKA Lightning) has 6 and Blue Fire has 5 so I'm thinking something in the middle.  5.5.  @AlexB But do they have the track to carry that extra load?  I would think it would be cheaper to buy an extra train instead of upgrading the whole track.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

That is a lot of trains. Personally I don't believe the coaster will have nearly five trains. While that would be beautiful, Australia couldn't sustain that. There is like no one in Australia compared to those other parks, so even if they had five trains, you would have lot of empty cars. It would be great because there would never be any lines though.

3 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I am hoping this roller coaster will come in a Themed area like vIllians unleashed area which will hopful have some great theming like we have seen movie world do this year with DD and VIllians unleashed.

I originally thought the station would be on the road in-between Justice League & Green Lantern but if I'm right in thinking the location of the station @loki75 says it is as where I've put it in those 'artist impressions', I think there is a possibility for a whole new themed area which would clearly include a major new retail shop. The land next to Justice League is roughly 1600 square metres (70%) bigger than DC Comics Super-Villains Unleashed after allIf no new themed area is planned, it's probably just a really long outdoor queue/exit path with an observation deck nearby. Given the scale of the hypercoaster, I'd highly expect a new retail outlet selling ride-on photos regardless.

If its a new precinct, I just hope its not themed to DC. Do we have any ideas of what would make a good precint, while keeping theme with a massive new coaster? Could be a cool sci-fi or action/thriller thing. What kind of Movie does Movie World not have a ride themed to? We've got western, superhero, spooky, kids... A gap

Movie World could be going out and making it themed to something not of a movie (doesn't make sense because its MOVIE world, but it would be cheaper with out having to pay for rights.

52 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

Movie World could be going out and making it themed to something not of a movie (doesn't make sense because its MOVIE world, but it would be cheaper with out having to pay for rights.

Its not like the bulk of Movie World is themed to DC comics. (Comic books not the movies)

Lots of theme parks can theme rides without paying for rights. Take AW's Abyss and Kraken, Sea World's Storm or when it was operating Eureka.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic