DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

By the way, this is the coaster someone thought was the Movie World 2017 coaster.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=mack+rides+layouts&safe=strict&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVv5

Its actually a Mega Lite called Giant Mine in No Limits.

Edited by Intimidator305.

This photo is taken from themagician they have all credit. The only way I could do what I wanted was by taking a screen shot.Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 4.48.30 pm.png

What is this thing? It looks like its really far off to get any more info, but if any one knows what it does it may be helpful. My thought is that its for drilling into the ground to lay footings. If so, it looks really close to Arkham. Maybe they will interact? It could be a cool turnaround point, especially if he trains pass. Also, it looks like it goes over the swamp which could be pretty cool. Especially if it was an inversion, say zero G roll?

Edited by Intimidator305.

19 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Nah.. can you imagine the countless windscreen and panel damage on cars and buses entering the precinct? 

I think you didn't pick up on reanimated's sarcasm there, MickeyD.

10 minutes ago, themagician said:

That was drilling the holes for the footings on the other side of the lake. It does look like it's further away, but from another angle I stood at I could see where it was.

IMG_5041.PNG

...for a second with the pulleys on it I thought it was a pile driver.

On 10/11/2016 at 3:12 PM, AllegroCrab said:

Does anyone have any idea what the revenue is from the lockers on Superman? I can't imagine it's that much and I really don't see the need for it. If it's for safety, they could still just provide the lockers for free.

Assuming the following:

• Everyone who rides SE needs to use a locker
  • Lockers are used only when you go on SE but for the full hour
  • People ride SE only once in a day
  • SE only has 1 train operating
  • There are 720 lockers

That would be 5040 people per day & if SE's lockers cost $2 per hour (someone tell me if that's no longer correct) - that would be $10,080 maximum per day so given not everyone needs to use a locker at SE, people probably ride SE multiple times & there are way less than 720 lockers at SE, MW would be making way less than $10,080 in revenue daily.

13 hours ago, bladex said:

try listening to it over and over when the train gets stuck at the launch...

12 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

I agree it adds a great touch to the ride, but when you're in the line for over an hour it does get quite annoying haha

Maybe they should computer program the audio so it actually matches what SE is doing? So if SE had a malfunction, the audio could say "this train has been delayed by <insert duration here>" - you know, like how real railway station audio operates. With a long queue, maybe they could extend SE's narrative? Like at/just before the queue start, the audio is from a Metropolis radio station & then just after you enter, the radio station starts reporting 'breaking' news (small earthquakes). For most of the queue, the radio audio is then a very long loop of 'breaking' news stories of Superman saving someone/something from these small earthquakes or from a Superman villain. As you approach the 'platform', the audio is no longer the radio but the railway station's 'next train' announcements.

To blend the radio segments together, they could use different radio stations (maybe because others are going 'off the air' due to the earthquake?) or add theming of broken speakers (due to a small earthquake) along the way so there are clear gaps in the radio audio? My memory of SE's queue isn't the best (I'm not sure if they already do any of the above/below) but if there are screens in the queue, they could even add a Metropolis 24 hour TV news channel to one of them showing Superman's heroics live from the earthquake? It would break it up from the radio audio and give people in the queue something interesting to watch if it is dramatic (particularly if you're in a long queue).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Maybe Movie World could pull a Valravn and open a second gate with a hotel.CP-New-Marina-Entrance-04302016b.jpg

Except that little garden thing could be a fountain. Hopefully there will be walkways between the coaster. Like superman, but to the power of ten. I'm thinkKlugheim-esk for the walkways. There is no way a hyper coaster could have that level of themeing. But a new precinct of the park could definetly. If it was Klugheim level for paths, I would be very impressed. Maybe they could follow in Phantasialands footsteps and add the hyper and a little kids ride, kind of like Taron and Raik. I believe it is going to be superhero themed, but if its a new precinct it would be nice to see a unique theme. Maybe like fantasy movie or something. There is a lot of scope to work with in this area of Movies, allowing heaps of detail, without costing too much. Take a look a Klugheim to see what I mean.

klugheim6.jpg

Its in much greater detail then we can expect from a samller park, but Movie World has been stepping up their game with the Doomsday area, and this could have similar detail to Wild West Falls. If we notice, all of VRTP's new attractions have been heavily themed, so I'm sure we can expect something great out of this new attration. Below is a comparison between Wild West Falls and Klugheim to show that its possible to expect something like this, for a new precinct (which I'm begging will have a more down to Earth theme than super heros)P6290016.jpg

This is Klugheim, a rocky themed part of Phantasland (famous for their themeing.) Even more amazing is that all of the rock is real, solid rock work. It probably surpasses some Disney attractions. 0216-1_Wild-West-Falls_IMG_0573.JPG

The famous angle of Wildwest falls. While its not quite on the same level as Klugheim, it still has that impressive, fantasy world amazing detail kind of feel. I'm hoping that Movie World continues what they have done with Doomsday into the new Coaster, but maybe a little more like Wild West falls.

1 hour ago, Intimidator305. said:

[snip]

Except that little garden thing could be a fountain. Hopefully there will be walkways between the coaster. Like superman, but to the power of ten. I'm thinkKlugheim-esk for the walkways. There is no way a hyper coaster could have that level of themeing. But a new precinct of the park could definetly. If it was Klugheim level for paths, I would be very impressed. Maybe they could follow in Phantasialands footsteps and add the hyper and a little kids ride, kind of like Taron and Raik. I believe it is going to be superhero themed, but if its a new precinct it would be nice to see a unique theme. Maybe like fantasy movie or something. There is a lot of scope to work with in this area of Movies, allowing heaps of detail, without costing too much. Take a look a Klugheim to see what I mean.

Hmm - Flash and Kid Flash?There's merit to that idea.

2 hours ago, Glubbo said:

Hmm - Flash and Kid Flash?There's merit to that idea.

See? Someone gets it. That way, in two years, you would've gotten, a mid thrill ride (doomsday) a high thrill ride (Flash hyper) and a gentle ride (Kid-Flash). This would also, make it easier for families to stick together at the park, because they're not splitting off and getting lost.

Not afterwards, if they went afterwards, it would take away from the previous new rides. I believe they should do it in a Klugheim package. They got a really small family ride, probably cheaper than Doomsday, along with the Hyper. The other benefit to this is that that could count as their new family attraction and they wouldn't have to buy a bigger one later. In the GP's eyes, a package of a hyper coaster and a family coaster would be enticing to everyone and families would see it as a massive new kids attraction, because it comes with the hyper coaster. This means that Movie World just doesn't need to spend so much later, to fill in the family gap.

However then they spend this money now and not afterwards. MW will need to reinvest in a couple of years after this Hyper to encourage season pass members to renew and to get people to return to the park. Parks like to spread out their investments. Hence why DD opened last year and this roller coaster will open 2017/2018. Instead of them opening at the same time.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic