DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Possible Electrical Systems.jpg

This part of one of @mattcrombie's photos reminds me of this photo of SE's construction. It might explain the large crates and if it is the same thing (I'm not 100% sure so can someone confirm?), it looks like things are starting to happen apart from more footings!

Don't think so, I believe the grey to be a electrical transformer (maybe 7Kva by the size), with a switchboard cabinet behind (not sure about the blue tardis looking thing). So while your correct in the photo link, I doubt it would be connected to the crates. 

Edited by thunder001

Ok, so went back to @mattcrombie's photo and can confirm that is an energex transformer, which would put the "Tardis" as a local distribution board or switchboard for that area. Interesting that it is close to the new ride as that transformer would be a 7Kva unit given the size...wonder what it is powering in the park.

You know what they should do, announce that they will start dropping hidden hints/clues and then pick a random car in the car park tomorrow and put a piece of paper under the wipers with the coaster design (no words/dates/distinguishing info) on it and see if said piece of paper makes it to the mainstream media (or better yet, here). Do it everyday, increasing the number of cars daily. 

Good little social experiment to see who pays attention to junk flyers on their windscreen and will just toss it or not put 2 & 2 together even if they look at it. (I've seen many posts on Gold Coast based social media accounts who have no clue what the development is that currently happening, least of all that it's a coaster) 

I reckon it would be well over a week unless they lucked out and put it on one of our cars. 

6 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

You know what they should do, announce that they will start dropping hidden hints/clues and then pick a random car in the car park tomorrow and put a piece of paper under the wipers with the coaster design (no words/dates/distinguishing info) on it and see if said piece of paper makes it to the mainstream media (or better yet, here). Do it everyday, increasing the number of cars daily. 

Good little social experiment to see who pays attention to junk flyers on their windscreen and will just toss it or not put 2 & 2 together even if they look at it. (I've seen many posts on Gold Coast based social media accounts who have no clue what the development is that currently happening, least of all that it's a coaster) 

I reckon it would be well over a week unless they lucked out and put it on one of our cars. 

I'm sure there'd be someone on here crazy enough to check every car in MW's carpark for the plans. At least, until peak season starts.

Footers, portaloos, spray painted Mack boxes - there's a very well attired man seen frequently around Movie World possibly laughing his ass off. I'm looking forward to this magnificent fountain.

Meanwhile at IAAPA...nothing.

Surely someone has a drone in this madhouse called parkz for some revealing aerials?

3 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I have a drone but the range won't reach MW from Perth.

- plus it's private property and it's illegal.

Interesting, I was curious whether it would actually be legal or not to buzz the site. A guy got a $9000 fine for using a drone to pick up a sausage sandwich at a Bunnings charity BBQ the other day LOL. It would have been nice to have an aerial of all those footers and start joining the dots.

Oh well there will be a point where they won't be able to hide this coaster, I mean fountain. Ah I remember seeing what became Cyclone being put up at Luna Park every day on the way to work. Have fun locals, watching it grow.

its been covered, but in short you can't operate it within a certain distance from any people, other than the operator themselves, and it can't fly over areas of traffic etc. I believe also, in the case of the parks, that as each of them has a helipad, the HLZ prevents drone flight within a certain distance also.

Short answer is don't be dumb enough to fly a drone over a theme park. if you do, please let me know when so that I can: laugh at you, and; arrange for CASA to view it too.

On 14/11/2016 at 4:04 PM, themagician said:

Was just about to say that as I was driving past I could see the footings closest to AOS are poisoned in which looks like it will the coaster will have a banked turn:

IMG_5163.JPG

...guess that explains the colour of the track.

Magician, how to the footings imply it's an overbanked turn, as opposed to a dive loop or immelmann?

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic