DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Well typically Hyper's don't have Inversions - nor do they need them.

This one appears to be an evolution of the Flash so I'd expect at least a Giant loop from the first drop, maybe going one step further with a twist at the top of it?

Improving on Flash, perhaps too this ride will also come with multiple Inversions? Or even a Launch mid ride??? MW always opt for innovation with their rides so expect this one will have more exciting features than simply being the tallest new kid on the block.

9 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Well typically Hyper's don't have Inversions - nor do they need them.

This one appears to be an evolution of the Flash so I'd expect at least a Giant loop from the first drop, maybe going one step further with a twist at the top of it?

By twist at the top do you mean something like a non-inverting loop?

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Hyper's may not need inversions, but I'll be disappointed if we won't get one with this coaster. SE is a great inversion-less coaster, but I think one of the top 2 coasters in the park should have them. Just my opinion. 

I agree I love the launch on SE but sometimes wish for that inverted feeling. Flash has 2 inversions. Could we expect the same on this on?

5 hours ago, loki75 said:

Flash has 2 inversions. Could we expect the same on this on?

Well given you spoke about loops/rolls in plurals, I'd say yes based on what you said and assuming you saw the plans:

On 02/11/2016 at 1:21 PM, loki75 said:

...goes through some loops and or rolls (Plans are birds eye view only. No elevation)...then comes back along a similar path circling around the loop/roll feature...

But Flash was originally posted as that on rcdb...

Spotted by gavin on CF.

RCDB have updated their listing for a mysterious new Mack opening in China to include the following stats:

Height: 196.8 ft
Speed: 74.6 mph

Given that the current tallest and fastest Mack is Europa-Park's Blue Fire (124.7ft and 62.1 mph), this is a pretty big step up for Mack.

And it's effectively a hyper coaster, 3.2ft off (the drop may be 200ft+). Is this Mack's attempt to do something like EGF...?

https://rcdb.com/6764.htm

I know this is very unlikely but because RCDB say it's not a hyper what about this?

Go to 3:29 to see the Mack stall. It may be worth watching other parts if your interested. They seem to have an inverting spinning launch that looks fairly tall. A new design announced at a similar time that the MW announcement is due? I reckon and hope for a hyper, but you never know.

Also, is the car shown as Big Thunder a Mack ride? If so has it already been built? I've never heard of it and if it hasnt, maybe that's a hint to the new ride. But it almost looks like the seats move?

Edited by Intimidator305.

Personally I don't believe any of what I posted was true, but before you say (if you dont think its true, why'd you post it?) I just thought we should have a very open mind. I really do thinks its a hyper, but I just didn't know where to place the post. A new Mack ride... Also, I meant "Rollin Thunder" not big thunder mountain.

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks, and I will try not to post something of poor quality like the above again. :)

Edited by Intimidator305.

Maybe the drop will be greater than or equal to 200 feet, for instance going into a trough, or maybe even a slight underground tunnel (think: Superman at Six Flags New England). Most of my favourite coasters are under 200 feet, but part of me still wanted something so high that planes would have to dodge it lol. 

Somewhere a guy in a basement on his computer who resembles the comic book guy from the Simpsons: "that's not a hyper!"

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic