DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Remember, it was only a guess based on SE & it's actually the next 3 months & 2 weeks - not 5 months. Sooner than you think! 

But to answer your question, firstly, footings need to be finished before supports are added. With SE, there is an indoor section and I don't know when that indoor track was installed so maybe consider the possibility of the hypercoaster's footing placement finishing/track installation starting in early February rather than early March 2017 - this might be more accurate if SE's indoor track was indeed installed first & a week or so before the outdoor track started installation. But given I don't know this for sure, I've left it as early March 2017 as the starting date for track installation & the finishing date for footing placement - it's highly likely it won't be any later than that.

Secondly, the track & support parts need to actually arrive on site - this I said would probably begin to happen in about 2 weeks time. In SE's case, they didn't arrive all at once - they arrived in lots over 1 month so given this hypercoaster is going to be very long, the delivery of track/support parts would probably take longer than a 1 month time period. 

Again, it's only a guess based on SE. They are 2 different projects and there are many things that could make my guess timetable inaccurate such as different soil compositions, delays (of numerous kinds), different manufacturers, launch vs lift hill etc. It's all indicative in the end after all.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

First of all, if we're judging the timing on previous coasters constructed at Movie World, why not judge it on Green Lantern? Just because it was constructed more recently probably with newer and more advanced construction techniques. And if we're going off of construction of other coasters, why not hyper coaster construction timelines or Mack construction timelines. Even better, Mack hyper coasters like Flash? I realise it would almost be impossible to get our hands on the construction timeline for Flash. But Superman is from a completely different manufacturer. It just makes more sense to judge it off a Mack construction timeline. For example, I believe construction could be much quicker here:

"After the ride was announced, construction proceeded swiftly, beginning in September and ending in the December 2008. The park spared no expense on the ride, with the total cost coming to 20 million Euros, or 25.3 million U.S. dollars. The ride is the first launched roller coaster built by Mack, and it shares many similarities with the Intamin launched coasterMaverick at Cedar Point in propulsion system, restraints, and featuring a twisted horseshoe roll, these being the only two coasters with that element." Blue Fire Mega Coaster: Coaster-net.com http://www.coaster-net.com/blue-fire-megacoaster.html

This states (if you read further of the link) that Blue Fire took about only 4 months to construct. So Mack has very fast construction times. (I haven't factored in everything for example Europa Park may have shut easing construction) But there does seem to be more evidence.

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 6.30.59 am.png

This is a photo of Blue Fire's construction. It looks very similar to Movie Worlds new coaster. Look at the boxes on the right of the photo? Any similarity? I'm almost expecting a few cranes to arrive at Movie World sometime soon.

^^ Given how long the footings have taken to go in, I'm assuming when they say construction, they're referring to vertical construction. If we're looking at a September opening then given a four month construction timeline, I wouldn't think it would start until February or March.

You also have to consider that the peak Christmas period is almost here and that the best place to store parts would be the carpark. I'd think you'd want as much of the carpark available during this period. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they held off delivering parts for as long as possible. 

On 15/11/2016 at 6:09 PM, YLFATEEKS said:

Stupid quote box bug :angry:

I'd expect after Christmas as well. You wouldn't start a job like that at this time of year, to only have staffing issues etc.

Easter is mid April in 2017, so perhaps do most of the work in between the two. 

The tender having closed in late October also points to a January start in my opinion. 

On 19/11/2016 at 7:41 AM, Intimidator305. said:

...Blue Fire took about only 4 months to construct.

Construction on MW's hypercoaster begun in July - we are well past 4 months now but like @mba2012 said, they probably meant vertical construction - I've got that happening in a 4.5 month period (early March to late July 2017).

Whilst I used Boxing Day 2017 as the opening date in my guess timetable, I didn't put it in there because I thought it was the most likely date. I only put it there because it was the general opinion of the Parkz forums of when the hypercoaster will open. Also, it gives a 'no later than' date for nearly everything in the guess timetable as it's very likely the hypercoaster will not be still under construction after Boxing Day 2017.

Not always the case @pazzap. Cedar Point have closed Mean Streak and it is more than obvious by the fact large sections of track are missing and the station, the first turn and to part of the lift hill either have cross beams for attaching RMC track or track actually installed plus a pile of RMC I-box track sitting near the lift they are doing a conversion. No word yet from either the park or RMC about the transformation.

^That is an interesting case with cedar Point, generally they've announced by now based on history, but it has been observed they may be waiting to see if they can get the project done for opening 2017. Maybe it has a launch like Lightning Rod (we all know how that went), who knows. If it does open when their season starts I'll be adding CP to my itinerary, so I'm watching that situation closely.

Back to the 196 foot hyper at MW lol. As others have observed, MW might want to announce this as late as possible so people don't hold off going to the park until the second half of next year. It will be a hell of a kicker for a marketing drive for season passes (and renewals) next year. Remember a lot of potential customers contemplating a visit might not be aware a coaster is being built as they don't follow amusement park stuff.     

13 hours ago, loki75 said:

09.jpg

How close does that look to Wet n Wild? I'm really hoping they join the parks one day. Maybe this is the start? They could easily steal the biggest theme park in Australia then. And no more driving between parks. They could keep bothe entrances and you could still enter each park individually but joining them would open up so much more possibilities and lines would probably drop as all the attractions are available now.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic