DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

It really doesn't matter to me if its just over one metre off, it's still a hypercoaster in my book, even though it's not technically official, it's just too tiny of a difference. If it was 5-10 metres short then i would say wouldn't be able to hold the title

Youre just going to have to put your hands up reeeeeallly high while going over the lift hill!:lol:

Edited by coasterdude44

The question that must be answered is where is this height taken from?  To dig a hole under a coaster defeats the purpose of calling it a hyper.  Crap DW could dig a deep hole under MDMC and rebrand it as a hyper.  (I shouldn't give them ideas).

Is there a hyper council that come out and verify all requirements are met?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

@YLFATEEKS it's actually run by the giga council and they have a hyper coaster division which they laugh at for not making the giga record. But the chairman is apart of the Strata division but he is worried the polar division will take over his job. But of course the council is owned by Disney. ????

I think they are talking about the height of the drop being over 200 feet meaning it might go 2 meters underground.

Edited by Tim Dasco

I doubt the GP would even know/care what a hyper coaster is, especially once it's close to completion. The sheer height of it will make enough noise. A couple of feet isn't gonna change that.

In saying that, it would be pretty silly to not add a few more feet to the first drop and get those bragging rights.

Either way i'm pretty excited to finally be able to ride a coaster of these proportions. When do you think we will get an announcement? I'd say before the end of the year.

Sorry @YLFATEEKS - that timetable is out of date in regards to an announcement date:

On 01/11/2016 at 2:29 AM, Jamberoo Fan said:

If the 'November 20 at the latest' announcement date I predicted comes & goes (which is very likely given the Thunder River Rapids incident), I would have to leave a predicted announcement date as 'near future' or at least early March 2017, which was the SE-linked date in my timetable for the 1st teaser (construction fence advertising).

If the hypercoaster opens on Boxing Day 2017, maybe this year's Boxing Day would be a good time to announce it too? It notes the '1 year to go' milestone & gives us the Christmas present all Australian theme park enthusiasts have wanted :D

But if you want something 'official' to add to the timetable, here it is: Near future - Currently most likely time period for the hypercoaster announcement

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Calender isn't retracted - only 1 dot point just needed re-writing lol Either way, I did prepare for any sudden change by adding the word 'currently' so it's as current 9th October 2016 :P:

• Mid November 2016 - Currently most likely time period for the rollercoaster announcement

Due to the sensitivities around the DW incident, that dot point of the timetable was extremely likely to end up being wrong & now we're in late November, it definitely can be ignored and replaced with the other one I put above:

• Near future - Currently most likely time period for the hypercoaster announcement

But if 'announced' dates can't change like you said, you better deliver that message to VRTP too:

“We will announce it within the next 60 days" Village Roadshows CEO of Theme Parks Tim Fischer said on the 24th of June 2016.

152 days later...

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

1 hour ago, TomiJ said:

From the age:

"Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate does not believe it is too soon after the Dreamworld disaster to start talking about planning another theme park in the region."

Full article: http://www.theage.com.au/business/new-gold-coast-theme-park-not-too-soon-after-dreamworld-tragedy-mayor-20161122-gsuur6.html

11 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

“We will announce it within the next 60 days" Village Roadshows CEO of Theme Parks Tim Fischer said on the 24th of June 2016.

152 days later...

You hear that VRTP...  If Tom says it's not too soon to discuss a new park then it's fine to announce the new coaster... :P 

I would think now would actually be a good time to announce you're building something new. What better way to show faith in your product and that your procedures are up to scratch than to be expanding?

I see that the new Wonder Woman movie is due for release in June 2017. If this coaster was taking on a Wonder Woman theme, perhaps the timing of the announcement is being scheduled around the press for the movie...

21 minutes ago, ads086 said:

I would think now would actually be a good time to announce you're building something new. What better way to show faith in your product and that your procedures are up to scratch than to be expanding?

I see that the new Wonder Woman movie is due for release in June 2017. If this coaster was taking on a Wonder Woman theme, perhaps the timing of the announcement is being scheduled around the press for the movie...

I'd say the coaster will be well into vertical construction come the press tour in April/May..

goodluck to them if they're still trying to keep it a secret 6 months from now..

Keep in mind VRTP have been traditionally a quite a conservative company, the kind of company who chooses to use the word "erratic" instead of high or low in reporting attendance post Dreamworld incident. There's nothing wrong with that, what i'm getting at though is that at this point i'd be surprised to hear an announcement while Dreamworld's still closed or realistically until the dust has well and truly settled on the other side of the highway.

I think they'd be mad to announce it now TBH.  If they announce the ride now, you'll have to wait another 6 months before you can buy a ticket to ride it, by which time the impact of the announcement is gone.  While the inner working of the VRTP accounting are a bit beyond me, for my taste, it'd make sense to open up VIP pass renewals around mid March, as well as open up new sales for a slight premium to account for having an extra 3 months (so $99 for renewals, $110 for new sales), defer the bulk of the income to next financial year, pocket the premium for new sales this year, then make your announcement mid March and then market the hell out of it.

2 hours ago, joz said:

I think they'd be mad to announce it now TBH.  If they announce the ride now, you'll have to wait another 6 months before you can buy a ticket to ride it, by which time the impact of the announcement is gone.  While the inner working of the VRTP accounting are a bit beyond me, for my taste, it'd make sense to open up VIP pass renewals around mid March, as well as open up new sales for a slight premium to account for having an extra 3 months (so $99 for renewals, $110 for new sales), defer the bulk of the income to next financial year, pocket the premium for new sales this year, then make your announcement mid March and then market the hell out of it.

All I read was "i'm no expert, but here's how am i'm an expert." B)

Seriously though, 100% agreed, TLDR, right before summer season, the busiest time of the year, and you want to give people a reason to save their pennies until next year?

Edited by Slick

Maybe people were downvoting the fact that nothing was happening, as opposed to you telling them?

like when Facebook used to only have the thumbs up like button, and you posted "my granny just died, so sad" and it appeared as though you'd have about 120 people liking that your granny is dead... 

5 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

This announcement is getting further and further away.

Working on the assumption that the ride will open in the future and that the announcement will happen, also, in the future, it is physically impossible for the announcement to be getting further away unless we are currently travelling back in time.. 

Given I'm currently fresh out of flux capacitors, I think the announcement is getting closer and closer..

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic