DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Not sure why everyone thinks it's going to be themed to a DC hero, especially with that 'it's good to be bad' thing they released, and if the station/entrance to the ride is linked to the new area couldn't it make sense that the coaster will be villain themed. Harley Quinn or Joker themed coaster perhaps? We already have Superman and Green Lantern, plus a villain themed coaster could make for more colourful track/theming opportunities.

8 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Not sure why everyone thinks it's going to be themed to a DC hero, especially with that 'it's good to be bad' thing they released, and if the station/entrance to the ride is linked to the new area couldn't it make sense that the coaster will be villain themed. Harley Quinn or Joker themed coaster perhaps? We already have Superman and Green Lantern, plus a villain themed coaster could make for more colourful track/theming opportunities.

It's assumed "hero" until the plans get leaked further or someone who's seen them confirms/hints at where the entry/exit will be located, then yes, IF the entrance is over the back, the villain theme will make more sense. 

^Which I doubt as the footers only go to the side of Justice League. Unless they have a ridiculously long queue, I'm keeping my bets on The Flash. I would love it if it was Cyborg (Imagine a chrome, shiny train on White/Grey and Red track!!?!?!) but that is wishful thinking as the movie isn't until 2020.

Edited by SuperV

46 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Not sure why everyone thinks it's going to be themed to a DC hero

Agreed, especially considering the park's other big coasters aren't themed to DC charac.... oh wait... Well maybe you're still right, you know, given it's not next to any other DC rides... oh FFS.

During a recent Xmas Party visit I noticed the roadwork outside the Superman entry between Arkham that leads toward the, well, let's face it; 'former' Studio Administration Building Entrance, now heavily marked..

Looks to me like we may be seeing the start of a successful MW Theme Park boundary extension across toward Studio foreign land!

..and yes... I expect the new Coaster is at least planned to unload around here. If not the former 

Noticed there is some ground work happening around the back of the smoking area near SE on Saturday...

Temp.png

We believe at this point the station is the straight area of yellow running towards the JL3D bulding...

The red is where ground works were happening...

That would mean the orange points would have to be the most likely entrance points for the coaster...

Would one be more likely than the other for any reason or could we see them use both as another way to get around this section of the park?

Both points are choked at times - for SE its the awning under the launch and for JL\GL its just the whole area - with JL exiting, and GL entrance queue which people frequently jump over - they're going to need to open them both, IMO, and preferably rework the design of the area around JL to accommodate it.

Ideally one would be entrance and one would be exit, and that way you're not further compounding the problem by adding TWO WAY traffic into the chokepoint. It's not that far apart...

IMO we will be waiting till after New Years, probably February for the (full) announcement. They're heading into the biggest time of year so once the Christmas/New Years holidays come to a close and numbers start dying down again. Easy advertising.

I this Alex is right, use the JL area as the exit and SE area for entrance. If they're doing work behind SE maybe we could have another queue area done up well with theming like Arkham Asylum? Although it's wayy to early for construction on a queue line to start so it's probably just wishful thinking.

Either way they will need something to look at while walking toward the ride.

10 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Would one be more likely than the other for any reason or could we see them use both as another way to get around this section of the park?

I agree with @AlexB but it would be the biggest walk between a ride's entrance & exit in the park - beating it by AA's by about 40 metres, which is approximately 130 metres long. This wouldn't be a problem for the hypercoaster's riders but it might be for people who are waiting for people in their group who rode it particularly if they don't know where the exit is. Maybe the hypercoaster could have 2 entrances/exits - a general public precinct entrance/exit & a 2nd ride entrance/exit so the general public has to enter via 1 entrance & exit via the other while in-between it's a precinct home to the hypercoaster's main ride entrance/exit? Here's a quick schematic I've drawn up if I didn't explain it clearly: 

HypercoasterPathways.jpg

The red area is the hypercoaster's queue/exit while the orange is the hypercoaster's 'precinct'. The grey areas are the entrance & exits to the hypercoaster's 'precinct'. The blue lines are 'no exit' and 'no entry' signs.

1 hour ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Again I think they will link it with the SW announcement...  When as that supposed to be happening?

Sea World General Manager, Bikash Randhawa said...

"We look forward to announcing details of this attraction in the new year"

...so before the end of next year. Also, like what I've said before, it would match what they did for SE if that ended up as the case - SE was first formally announced to the media in a media call about massive expansions at all VRTPs. That media call happened in mid-September 2005. In my updated guess timetable, I've put that as happening in mid-April 2017.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

36 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

...so before the end of next year. Also, like what I've said before, it would match what they did for SE if that ended up as the case - SE was first formally announced to the media in a media call about massive expansions at all VRTPs. That media call happened in mid-September 2005. In my updated guess timetable, I've put that as happening in mid-April 2017.

Thank you for finding that...  Knew I had read that there would be an announcement earlier somewhere but couldn't find it

13 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

HypercoasterPathways.jpg

Although what you've drawn makes sense, the orange section, permitting free travel between entry and exit means your blue lines won't do anything. Although RCT allowed us to make one way paths - in reality a painted arrow on a path or a no entry sign won't stop people from going against the flow. You'd have to staff it - and the efficiency isn't worth the staff cost.

4 hours ago, bladex said:

i reckon you will enter it through the SE smoking area. the path leading into that you get to SE and ark so why not a 3rd coaster have them all on 1 path.

And that's precisely the issue - having all 3 coasters fed through one tiny pathway under the SE launch is cause for massive congestion. In my opinion, they will need to use both accessways - even though they can't enforce a one-way path, both accessways (JL and SE) will be needed to handle guest flow. Of course they could also extend out to Doomsday, out behind Arkham, which would see development \ sprawl go in that direction too, but it wouldn't be worth it just yet.

i still think the pathway that leads from GL, BW and JL will be used. That was is very unutilised last JL enterance, and it would make perfect sense to have it go from there. Going from SE and AA would cause to many issues with crowds, the queue that people wait in to go to those rides before 10, is already long enough at times, adding a 3rd coaster enterance from here would make it even more rediculous

Looking at the comments so far are we assuming the coaster will load and unload on the same side?

What if you walked under the lift hill to the queue line and then exited on the other side. Both the JL/GL and SE pathways would serve as access to the coaster and keep the entry/exit areas within close proximity for the non riders waiting for others.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic