DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

6 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:

They do The DC Theme Is Getting Boring Now, But If They Did Get A DC Themed ride I Would Like It to Themed to Wonder Woman, catwoman or Harley quinn

Hear Hear!

I think it would be a world first too,  As there are no female themed character coasters anywhere.   And WW has a movie due out this year.

On another note,   Will we be waiting longer than Sept to ride?    The signs saying coming sept have been removed??

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

another note,   Will we be waiting longer than Sept to ride?    The signs saying coming sept have been removed??

I think that means the track is late so it most likely will open in either late September or anytime in the October but it should open this year but if it has problems then I Quess it will open early next year... Let's hope it Dosent do a lightning rod on us

1 minute ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:

I think that means the track is late so it most likely will open in either late September or anytime in the October but it should open this year but if it has problems then I Quess it will open early next year... Let's hope it Dosent do a lightning rod on us

Hopefully not,  with mack having built coasters like this before both (launched, loops and lift hill) hopefully nothing will go wrong.   Lightning rod was a first of its kind I believe.

20 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:

Oh for god sakes. Dont you think that could mean they are opening up the fence to move the tracks in to the area? Instead of talking about the worst? Infact, it could even mean that they might be opening it earlier (unlikely).

44 minutes ago, Inverted said:

On another note,   Will we be waiting longer than Sept to ride?    The signs saying coming sept have been removed??

The signs saying that were on the construction fencing, which has now been removed because they have installed the new fencing. And because of the concrete columns, if they were to hang the signs again, they wouldn't be flat, and would be bent at points were there are the columns

Edited by themagician

2 hours ago, themagician said:

The signs saying that were on the construction fencing, which has now been removed because they have installed the new fencing. And because of the concrete columns, if they were to hang the signs again, they wouldn't be flat, and would be bent at points were there are the columns

Which is a bit strange because that means the banner was up for such a short time. Perhaps there was a delay getting the banner up? Same thing happened with Doomsday didn't it?

3 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Which is a bit strange because that means the banner was up for such a short time. Perhaps there was a delay getting the banner up? Same thing happened with Doomsday didn't it?

Doomsday ended up only 3 months after 

6 hours ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

Oh for god sakes. Dont you think that could mean they are opening up the fence to move the tracks in to the area? Instead of talking about the worst? Infact, it could even mean that they might be opening it earlier (unlikely).

They might How is it going to open in September if it's the biggest, longest ride in australia and Track hasn't arrived and they haven't even started putting up supports yeet and September is in 7 months and that includes Ride testing, ride instaliantion, if the tracks profiling has any problems, building the new area and the entrance +The Have To Do A Queue And MovieWorld Always themes queues

9 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:

Lightning Rod was RMC's first and was their prototype launched coaster. Hence, a launch was still a new concept to them, hence the constant delays like most historic prototype rides, such as X2, Bat and Windjammer, and those rides were first of its kind and prototype rides to their respective manufacturers, and in the case of X2, an entirely new concept. Bat had problems with its wheel assembly and got tore down within three years, X2 survived but drove its manufacturer broke, and Windjammer lived a grand total of two years before Knotts tore it down.

MW's hyper will most likely not be a prototype. The guy in the video has already said that this ride will be the same ride type as Flash but with a custom layout. 

2 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:

Doomsday ended up only 3 months after 

They might How is it going to open in September if it's the biggest, longest ride in australia and Track hasn't arrived and they haven't even started putting up supports yeet and September is in 7 months and that includes Ride testing, ride instaliantion, if the tracks profiling has any problems, building the new area and the entrance +The Have To Do A Queue And MovieWorld Always themes queues

3 months to install track, 1 month to do queue and theming in queue. That leaves us TWO months for testing.

Why do people think that they have to wait until the track is finished before they start on the queue?

does the queue go over the track? or under it? It's highly unlikely that the two will impact on each other. We usually see the station built first. Then, whilst the track boys are halfway to Wet N Wild, they can bring in every tradesman under the sun to do queue. No lost time!

Guys, it's the 7th of February. We've seen activity in the past 48 hours where they have been prepping the footings and cleaning them up. School Holidays start on 16 September. We have more than 7 months.

Flash at lewa had track arrive in December, and January, and the ride was topped off in early-mid August. Test runs were October before a January 1 Opening.

Now - although it took a year for them to go from track to open, a couple of things to bear in mind:

• Movie World isn't their first Hyper. they will have learned many lessons before now
  • Lewa was a brand new park, which only opened 6 months prior to Flash. They had EIGHT coasters under construction at around the same time
  • Although the dates given above are what i've been able to find, we have no way of knowing whether the site had been prepped \ footings put in before track arrived on site - they were building an entire park
  • They were building an entire park - so not only did they have to construct a coaster, they had to construct all the other elements of the park at the same time.

Basically what i'm saying is that there was a lot going on there. In our case - we have one site, one project, all the tenders have been out for months. Everyone is ready to lunge forward at this stuff and I reckon 7 months is probably a reasonable time to hit the mark... although we have seen them shoot past their opening dates before.

September is still an easy possibility, and worst case, the usual Boxing Day opening is still well within reach.

You know, since we've come back to Australia, I've really missed massive lift hills that give awesome views of the park. Movie World doesn't really have any. Green lantern's is probably the closest, but its pretty fast and steep. Arkham doesn't have a vew of the park. Bat shot does a good job of it, but its not a coaster. So I'm really looking forward to the lifthill. Never thought I'd say that.

Does anybody ever want to punch themselves in the face?

Has the colour of the supports been looking at us all the time?

What colour are the nuts?

26 minutes ago, themagician said:

IMG_8218.thumb.JPG.73798ea633173ec68a5dae0e6600337c.JPG

I checked Storm Coaster nuts and they are grey.

Another thought I’m having is if you pull something apart do you leave the pieces lying around if you are not going to use them again for a while?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

4 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@red draginDon't let they way I post make you believe I'm a child.

Not at all, just didn't see the significance in the colour of the nuts. Figure you might have been fishing.

Those are clearly just for the casting stage, as much larger ones are used for the ride from what I've seen. 

These are some rough calculation, but based off the 61m height and an approximation of the footings, it would be around 80m between the base and top lift hill footing, which would mean the angle of the lift hill will be around 37 degrees.

To put that in perspective GL is 33m heigh, 35 metres between the base and top lift hill footing, which is about 44 degrees.

And AA is 33m heigh 60m between the base and top lift hill footing, which is about 29 degrees.

I'm not sure i'm sold on the nut colour. Are there any Mack rides out there that are blue? can you check if they have blue nuts? Especially during erection?

Ok but seriously - i've never realised just how hard it is to find pictures of the footings (pre-installation) on a Mack Coaster. Anyone wanna link me up (read: spoon feed) ?

As for the lift hill, yep, looks good. that angle is great. can anyone indicate to me where on the site plan that footing is? maybe we can start sketching?

MWcoaster.png

This is also very rough, but gives some sort of idea of where footings are, that aren't shown on the nearmap image from September. This is just based off photos I've taken, and doesn't show all the new footings since the image was taken.

@AlexB the blue dot is roughly where that angled footing is

58994ef944958_ScreenShot2017-02-07at2_27_28pm.thumb.jpg.4edb99fe4f1a583e60055421d74c2722.jpg

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic