DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

When does your boat get in?

CPO Jacksonville today...

Shuntien tomorrow and staying a few days...

My money is on Lexa Maersk...  Arrives 03/03/2017...  Approx 14:15...  Flying Denmark flag...  Currently in Singapore...  Departs 04/03/2017...  06:00...

Gives them this week to make an announcement before the parts start arriving as TBH...  Would be stupid to make one afterwards...

More than happy to be wrong with this but only if parts arrive earlier...  Later and you would wonder why they closed it off a week earlier...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

Or a crap load of space to be exact...

So if i recall the land used for Superman, the supports were mostly inside and the track outside?  Damn old man memory...need to hunt down that hard drive with the original pictures.  So looking at this area, reminds me of the Cyclone first install at DW, but that also included an area for a weld and paint shop, so this is a major amount of equipment...perhaps they might move the site sheds into this area also?

Why are you all thinking they need to announce before the track?

youre talking about a tiny insignificant piece of their market in enthusiasts who are the only ones that care about track in a car park. 

The poeple they want to buy tickets as a result of this build will know nothing of the construction. 

So after digging through the parkz database and old threads...

With GL they said they would make an announcement in July 2011...  August 28 black support parts arrived...  September 8 track arrived...  Started releasing some images September 16...  Announce GL Coaster September 17...

On December 21 2004 it was announced  "Warner Bros. Movie World is set to open a $12 million Superman themed roller coaster in 2005".... June 22 2005 MW had signage stating the ride name...  Sometime in July track arrived and during July and August construction started...

Could go either way really...

2 month delay in announcement and 3 weeks after parts arrived GL was announced...

7 months before track arrived we knew it was a Superman coaster...

1 hour ago, Life said:

That's a fairly large area, pretty sure there were rumors the Hotel was going in the car park as well... We sure it's not being roped off for demo work? The DA is already approved for Stage 1/Early works, no maps/documentation online though.

Hotel is going in the overflow, grassed area

33 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

So after digging through the parkz database and old threads...

With GL they said they would make an announcement in July 2011...  August 28 black support parts arrived...  September 8 track arrived...  Started releasing some images September 16...  Announce GL Coaster September 17...

On December 21 2004 it was announced  "Warner Bros. Movie World is set to open a $12 million Superman themed roller coaster in 2005".... June 22 2005 MW had signage stating the ride name...  Sometime in July track arrived and during July and August construction started...

Could go either way really...

2 month delay in announcement and 3 weeks after parts arrived GL was announced...

7 months before track arrived we knew it was a Superman coaster...

Thanks for doing the digging!

13 hours ago, djrappa said:

Why are you all thinking they need to announce before the track?

youre talking about a tiny insignificant piece of their market in enthusiasts who are the only ones that care about track in a car park. 

The poeple they want to buy tickets as a result of this build will know nothing of the construction. 

Whilst most of us here are just eager fan boys/girls that can't wait to know what is being built what about the people that know nothing about it.

It's been noted on here that getting annual leave during school holiday time can either be a lottery or have to be applied for 12 months in advance. That eliminates any potential visitors for the possible September opening and Christmas this year. I'm talking about out of town visitors in particular.

I'd be trying to build as much buzz as possible to bring customers to the park. After all isn't that what advertising is all about. Generate interest and capture your market.

I'll use Blackpool Pleasure Beach as an example of their upcoming Mack coaster.

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/construction/

Announced before they even turned any soil.

Just my 2 cents

1 hour ago, loki75 said:

It's been noted on here that getting annual leave during school holiday time can either be a lottery or have to be applied for 12 months in advance. That eliminates any potential visitors for the possible September opening and Christmas this year. I'm talking about out of town visitors in particular.

I'd be trying to build as much buzz as possible to bring customers to the park. After all isn't that what advertising is all about. Generate interest and capture your market.

@loki75 I agree. I don't understand why aussie parks are so backwards in their ways of announcing and building hype for new rides. This is a major coaster......something VRTP should be very proud of, and willing to boast about. Construction diaries from the park, theme teasers, countdowns, weekly announcements - all build hype and excitement. All this could be done on MW's FB page. Perhaps they think that the cost and time associated with generating this content, out ways the positives of creating hype? It's a shame really.....I kinda feel bad for them.

I understand that unforeseen circumstances (dreamworld incident) affected the original announcement timeline. But IMO, this coaster should have been announced last September.

Edited by Luke

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic