DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

It's also peculiar because if it remains it will be an eyesore. 

Or will it... Most distribution boards I have seen and worked on are orange.  This one is an interesting blue colour, so has this clue been sitting in front of us the whole time?  In regards to the transformer, from planning to installation this normally takes over 6 months.  I would assume it is staying.

1 hour ago, Troy81 said:

Or will it... Most distribution boards I have seen and worked on are orange.  This one is an interesting blue colour, so has this clue been sitting in front of us the whole time?  In regards to the transformer, from planning to installation this normally takes over 6 months.  I would assume it is staying.

No clue unless the colour was selected back in 2008.  That's the first clear google picture I have.

power.JPG.ce0d730c852016c651ea5817e77b0ca2.JPG

Why would it not have been planed to be moved over a year ago when the plans were produced?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Switchboard colours are getting more varied dependind on the requirements of the client.

I have worked on everything from Blue, Orange, Green, Clear coat stainless...the list goes on.  Even had one hand painted after install to blend in with the rest of the shop wall...

It  MAY be replaced prior to the ride opening depending on if it has a large enough capacity to handle the load of the new ride.  The new lights would not be a concern as far as load goes as I would assume they would be an LED fitting (getting nice and cheap from major suppliers now).

As far as track, i might put it out there that we would see something in the "Site Yard" area in the next two weeks....just a guess, but with some knowledge behind it.

Edited by thunder001

LOL, you should see how much backroom talk is going on now @thunder001 on which day it will be delivered.  Not saying you don't know it's just a bit comical on how many dates I have been told by different people.

I've even been told by some people they have photos of it at the docks right now.  When you push for a photo they never deliver.  I don’t know why they tell me in the first place if they aren’t going to give me some honey.

I think it’s going to be a little sad when it’s completed because we won’t know what to talk about.

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

No clue unless the colour was selected back in 2008.  That's the first clear google picture I have.

power.JPG.ce0d730c852016c651ea5817e77b0ca2.JPG

Why would it not have been planed to be moved over a year ago when the plans were produced?

Well bugger me.  I thought I was on to something.  

3 hours ago, djrappa said:

Nah not really. Orange for Mechanical Services, this one is for Light and Power and has been there many years. 

Normally orange is for Mechanical, but the last couple of years we have had the orange requested for all locations due to it standing out and being easy to identify.

@YLFATEEKS there will always be another ride being built we can talk about...somewhere in the world.

Oh and the track comment was only based on a rough gantt chart I did one day that would allow the ride to open in September as advertised...it is truly only a guess based on the time it takes us to put together some of the bigger lighting towers etc.

58 minutes ago, themagician said:

The shelter over the containers has begun its construction. Frame work is up for the left one, with a couple of small cranes on site. No photo because I didn't fancy getting soaked in the rain for that.

I find it sort of ironic that the shelter is going up after the non-stop rain starts... if only they decided to put it up last week, they'd have a nice dry place to do their stuff this week.

Edited by Santa07

Are you serious, is that the location of the ride judging from the near map photo.

It's so close to the highway, for sure in its initial 6months of opening as it towers less than 100m from the highway.

It will cause accidents as people slow to look at it. the land located near (lethal weapon) and Wild west doesn't look super important, maybe those buildings can go and they can fit some things in there.

PLease note I am a casual enthusiast

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic