1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

1 minute ago, mission said:

It still doesn't make sense to have a first tier coaster named after second tier characters.  Lucky the themeing is just that and really won't make the actual ride better or worse.

I agree with the second bit but disagree with the first - who cares if it's themed to a popular theme or not. Amazing coasters have been built before that have terrible or missing themes. Let's be happy that they are probably putting effort into making a theme, even if it's not a popular franchise. Honestly I'd much prefer SS over the Joker because of how overused the Joker theme has been on coasters  lately.

Personally I feel the connotations of the word "suicide" don't sit well with something made for amusement. Working in retail when the DVD for Suicide Squad was released it was surprising the number of complaints we had for having in store signage/posters with the word Suicide on it. Call it "political correctness" but I don't think the ride will be themed to the suicide squad. 

I know we already have Arkham, but what about 'Harley's Love Coaster'. As much as I'd rather other DC characters to be represented by a massive coaster, if you put in Harley, you get all the young girls in the park (they're obsessed with her, and its gross to be completely honest. A child shouldnt idolise her) and you can add in Catwoman, Poison Ivy and all of her other flirty 'Sirens' sidekicks. [just imagine neon love hearts covering the coaster supports]

Also, I still think Bizzaro is still plausible as it would contrast the Superman coaster, since yknow, Bizarro is the direct opposite of Supes. However, Bizzaro's coaster would need some heavy theming like GL to give everyone an idea as to what is going on, and who he is. 

Im still dreaming of it being Wonder Woman, though. And its still got the faintest of dream attached because WW is a Pink (love) Lantern. And that could tie in with Green Lantern next door.

53 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

Personally I feel the connotations of the word "suicide" don't sit well with something made for amusement. Working in retail when the DVD for Suicide Squad was released it was surprising the number of complaints we had for having in store signage/posters with the word Suicide on it. Call it "political correctness" but I don't think the ride will be themed to the suicide squad. 

If people are actually making these connections they need to rethink their life 

1 hour ago, rac2703 said:

I agree completely. It's bad enough that one of the rides at Dreamworld is called Tower of TERROR (especially considering the connection of that word with terrorism since 9/11. Completely goes against what a theme park is all about.

5 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I agree completely. It's bad enough that one of the rides at Dreamworld is called Tower of TERROR (especially considering the connection of that word with terrorism since 9/11. Completely goes against what a theme park is all about.

If this is how you're thinking, they might as well tear down the super villains area since it promotes breaking the law. And AA because it's set in a mental asylum. And Storm coaster since it imitates a catastrophe that destroys homes. And while we're at it we can retheme the rest of the Disney ToTs to GotG.

2 hours ago, mission said:

Yes there is AA but that's more a villian/joker theme than Batman (I think Batman really only appears in VR?).

Batman also appears on the roof of the building. 

58d3406f92bc9_images(7).thumb.jpg.fc94ba9ac0bb21f95171a1c397fc336b.jpg

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

especially considering the connection of that word with terrorism since 9/11. Completely goes against what a theme park is all about.

I never thought of that ever when going on tower of terror. Suicide squad and tower of terror are not bad themes based on both reasons mentioned above. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I know we already have Arkham, but what about 'Harley's Love Coaster'. As much as I'd rather other DC characters to be represented by a massive coaster, if you put in Harley, you get all the young girls in the park (they're obsessed with her, and its gross to be completely honest. A child shouldnt idolise her) and you can add in Catwoman, Poison Ivy and all of her other flirty 'Sirens' sidekicks. [just imagine neon love hearts covering the coaster supports]

Also, I still think Bizzaro is still plausible as it would contrast the Superman coaster, since yknow, Bizarro is the direct opposite of Supes. However, Bizzaro's coaster would need some heavy theming like GL to give everyone an idea as to what is going on, and who he is. 

Im still dreaming of it being Wonder Woman, though. And its still got the faintest of dream attached because WW is a Pink (love) Lantern. And that could tie in with Green Lantern next door.

Bizzaro would be awesome too! Wonder Woman on the other hand just doesn't do it for me...

28 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Ok I get it @Gazza I should have not used all the bad words to describe this post.

I do standby that  @pushbutton  post is worst and should be given this award          

( @djrappa "And I think we have a winner for one of the stupidest posts to date.)

3 hours ago, CJF said:

Hey everyone, (very) long time lurker, first time poster!

Just on the train (Cleveland line) on the way to Uni. Just saw multiple trucks with the tarp-top containers on the Port of Brisbane Motorway merging onto the Gateway heading south... We should be seeing more track arriving soon!

Did the trucks make a wrong turn?  It's been 3 hours?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Also, I still think Bizzaro is still plausible as it would contrast the Superman coaster, since yknow, Bizarro is the direct opposite of Supes.

Bizarro is not gonna happen. If you were going for an Superman based villain, your first and only choice would be Lex Luthor.

And @pushbutton managed to completely obliterate the 'most ridiculous posts of all time' with that doozy...

You could twist every ride to be an issue...

Junior Driving School, Tijuana Taxis and Model T Fords encourage young children that it's fun to drive so they are more likely to joyride...

RRRC encourages violence towards animals and the dynamite / explosives could encourage terror like activities...  Similar for WWF...

Cyclone, Storm and Superman glorify natural events and encourage dangerous activity by riding into an active event zone...

Batwing Space SHOT...

DOOMSDAY DESTROYER...  And the whole surrounding villains area...

Just as examples...

There is no problem with the rides or the themes...  There is a problem with people thinking that these things are obvious to everyone and we need to be completely PC about everything...

Back to the actual topic...  No trucks matching what we expect to see caught on any cameras before 1:30pm...  Updates stopped at that time so unable to say since that time...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Bizarro is not gonna happen. If you were going for an Superman based villain, your first and only choice would be Lex Luthor.

1 hour ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

You mean this guy with his fantastic magenta tie?

images.thumb.jpg.915174e959a2c9dfc933e14a8372bd50.jpg

@Brad2912 & @MaxxTheMonster, I have a feeling that you are both onto something big here!

• A huge steel rollercoaster themed around lex luthor - a super intelligent, scientist/mastermind inventor - seems about right to me.
  • Magenta and shades of purples have been used to depict Lex in all different comics. Especially when he is in his War Suit. E.g. https://goo.gl/JplcV6 Perhaps we could be seeing green supports:Untitled45647.thumb.jpg.b50dc76b845a9f2e58b67cca8bb5cfd5.jpg
  • Lex is Superman's archenemy; his true rival. It could be said that this new rollercoaster will be the only coaster in Australia to rival Superman Escape?

Thoughts?

6 hours ago, themagician said:

The suicide squad movie wansnt bad, just wasn't great, especially after all the hype for it. It was better than batman v Superman though.

I don't know what movie you were watching, but i hated Suicide Squad, much worse then Batman Vs Superman, i didn't overly enjoy both of them but i prefer Batman Vs Superman. Anyway, I am still trying to figure out the theme. Its not the joker, hes more purple and green. I would use Red and Black or Red and white to describe her. Pink Power Ranger? Probably not, isn't owned by Warner Brothers. 

Lex is perfect, only he would counter Superman with a ride thats bigger and better. Also, since he's leader of the Injustice League they can do so much. I can just imagine a big steel Lexcorp emblem on the ride, or a small Lexcorp tower entrance to suit. I'm also thinking some big Kryponite rocks about the place. I'm really excited now.

And yes he has the same colours as joker -who is also the other leader of the Injustice League (they share)... we could even see a double up and it could be an Injustice ride : )))))

Edited by Mox

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic