Richard

2017 Movie World roller coaster

3,163 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

and both of you got the results or came to the same conclusions which were.....?

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

My conclusion is it was a waste of an hour I will never get back.

I only lost 10 minutes so looks like I won this one :P

After a little bit more thought, I believe the theme for this coaster will be Wonder Woman. Here's why:

• Wonder Woman movie releasing in June this year. The movie will make the Wonder Woman IP relevant again. Even if the movie itself is a flop there will be advertising, new merchandise, hype train ect. The wonder woman character will be fresh in everyone's minds again - then BOOM a new Wonder Woman themed rollercoaster opens 3 months later. Having a relevant/popular IP is important for rides with IP. VRTP have used this strategy before. Openning rides like the new Doomsday ride and area, the Green Lantern Coaster, Scooby Doo and Superman Escape, all within a year the respective movies were released. e.g. Superman Escape opens Dec 26, 2005. Superman Returns movie released June 21, 2006. 
  • Wonder woman is agile and has super speed (equivalent to the Flash). Perfect for a rollercoaster with speed and graceful inversions (aka what exists on the current Flash coaster made by Mack in China).
  • The track could be painted a golden yellow, signifying Wonder Woman's Lasso. The train could be themed as her invisible jet, which you get to ride. As the coaster train (invisible jet) flies, it is pulling along the lasso (signified by the yellow track), wrapping up villains as it flies by them. Eg. A downward helix wrapping around a Lex Luthor in his war suit. A bit weird, but i could see this working as it's theme! The lasso has infinite elasticity, so the track idea works.
  • With the coaster being next to the 'lakeside precinct', I could see the potential for some lush Amazonian foliage landscaping around the ride, incorporating the lake as a jungle river of sorts. Perhaps we could even see the coaster flying over the water, with a fake splash element.

Pls Movieworld make this happen, i'm starting to like this theme idea haha. I would prefer a Flash theme, with a launched lift hill -  but I think this is also a winner. 

Edited by Luke
spelling

^You say that you 'would have preferred' a Flash theme with a latched lift hill, but we don't know what it is yet, so it very much could be this. I am doubtful for a launched lift hill though, but we will have to wait and see.

^Yeah, poor choice of words on my behalf. I was supposed to write: 'I would prefer a Flash theme, with a launched lift hill'. I've edited my original post to reflect this.

@Luke I like the design idea for the train, if it is WW Themed...and that got me wondering, has Mack ever done a floorless coaster? 

That would work with the invisible jet for sure, but I may have let my imagination run away from me again :) 

@thunder001 Well making the train actually invisible would be near impossible, unless Mack have been developing translucent/transparent metals :rolleyes: But you could do a stylized 'invisible' train - chassis painted all gloss white, with black lines on all edges, just like they drew her jet in the comic books. I could see the front car adorned with a coloured WW symbol on the front car.....that would be slick!
Wonder_Woman_311.jpg

The trains for Movie Park Germany's Star Trek coaster (also manufactured by Mack) have a similar design to what i'm trying to imagine our coaster having (if themed to Wonder Woman). These trains look mint!

thumb_16665600_1397129760332274_52482964

28 minutes ago, thunder001 said:

has Mack ever done a floorless coaster? 

Mack's seats on their megacoaster trains are elevated, to the point that most people's feet don't touch the floor when they sit down. So I guess it's kinda a floorless coaster? Also their winged 'Big Dipper' coaster trains feature end seats that are floorless completely:

f__leiste_ec66e021.jpg

BigDipper_8.jpg

Edited by Luke

If the Mack Big Dippers count as floorless, then yes they have.

Still don't know why people are discussing the theme when it's been discussed to death already. Points to anyone who can discuss the theme and still bring original stuff to the table.

P.S. back on 100

Omg can everyone please stop talking about the theming and other irrelevant bullshit, its seriously getting real annoying now. Lets just wait for the bloody track to arrive and be built before we even think about the god dam theme, jesus christ people have some patience!!

Btw my birthday is in 5 days so it could be a good birthday suprise if the track comes then 😊😊😊

1 hour ago, Ryande16 said:

Omg can everyone please stop talking about the theming and other irrelevant bullshit, its seriously getting real annoying now. Lets just wait for the bloody track to arrive and be built before we even think about the god dam theme, jesus christ people have some patience!!

Btw my birthday is in 5 days so it could be a good birthday suprise if the track comes then 😊😊😊

People are free to talk about the theme, pull your head in.

Re mack doing a Floorless coaster...nope. I'd consider a floorless one where there is nothing between your feet and the track, so you see the track structure and crossties whizzing below your feet at high speed.

How is theming, track layouts, features & construction classified as irrelevant @Ryande16

If it's so annoying, just don't read the thread, simples. 

I personally think that the new coaster is going to be themed to AquaMan. They can use the original set from the movie and use it for theming around the coaster like they did for the batwing ride (with the original bat car). Plus it is also being filmed on the gold coast and would be relevant to the ride.

Im not allowed to let much loose, but I am working on the AquaMan film (this is not bullshit) and I have a pretty good feeling that It could be an AquaMan coaster. Just my speculation is all.

@wileecoyote, are you allowed to say (if you know) if filming on Aquaman would be completed by September to allow the sets to be moved to MW if that is the hypercoaster's theme? Otherwise, that would rule out the Aquaman sets being used as part of the hypercoaster's theming.

4 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

@wileecoyote, are you allowed to say (if you know) if filming on Aquaman would be completed by September to allow the sets to be moved to MW if that is the hypercoaster's theme? Otherwise, that would rule out the Aquaman sets being used as part of the hypercoaster's theming.

Well, we haven't been given dates of the finished product, but I am pretty sure its hitting cinemas on either Boxing Day or New Years Day. That doesn't rule out the theming though, because we could be finished with that set and we could be using another set. Filming should only take about 2-3 months, and it starts in May-June. Shouldn't be a problem :)

I don't think it would rule out the coaster being themed to Aquaman, but I do think we can rule out the sets being used throughout the rides footprint. Unless they are displayed inside, the sets probably wouldn't last very long. Ride theming is designed to withstand all types of weather and climates and human interaction, while I'd say most film sets aren't, as they are old used for a short period of time, and if any wear and tear appears then they can easily fix it up.

Yes there is pretty much a guarantee that they will not use the film sets for the ride. The only way the same set will be in both the movie and the ride would be for the movie to use the rides sets. Movie sets are not made to last. Most are only made too last a week, some only last for a day and other can last for years but need constant work for up keep. Theme park sets are usually more expensive or less detailed as they cannot be built to just be looked at, they need to be able to withstand changing conditions which are not present in movie sets (bare in mind some are made (aka universal studios backlot sets) for it but it is rare these days)

8 minutes ago, Cruiseshipfan said:

Yes there is pretty much a guarantee that they will not use the film sets for the ride. The only way the same set will be in both the movie and the ride would be for the movie to use the rides sets. Movie sets are not made to last. Most are only made too last a week, some only last for a day and other can last for years but need constant work for up keep. Theme park sets are usually more expensive or less detailed as they cannot be built to just be looked at, they need to be able to withstand changing conditions which are not present in movie sets (bare in mind some are made (aka universal studios backlot sets) for it but it is rare these days)

It isn't that hard just to weatherproof props or change them a bit. I can't see why they wouldn't pounce not this opportunity to use the set?!

5 minutes ago, wileecoyote said:

It isn't that hard just to weatherproof props or change them a bit. I can't see why they wouldn't pounce not this opportunity to use the set?!

It's not just about being water proof. They are not made to be strong. The materials that are used cannot support much and easily get worn away. The amount  of modification required would remove any benefit from using the movie sets. 

1 minute ago, Cruiseshipfan said:

It's not just about being water proof. They are not made to be strong. The materials that are used cannot support much and easily get worn away. The amount  of modification required would remove any benefit from using the movie sets. 

Oh, im not talking about pixie little things, im talking about things like the bat mobile size, that are actually used in the film. 

Looks like a flash clone is getting built in Turkey at Land of Legends Theme Park. 

Also thought I'd mention that the date for the coaster has changed on RCDB from 2017 to 9/2017. 

IMG_0696.PNG

Aquaman won't be hitting the screens anytime soon with a scheduled release date of 5 October 2018

I think Aquaman would probably be my top pick for a theme, although a very unlikely one.

More original than Flash or WW, and heaps of fantastic theming opportunities (and who couldn't say no to a fantastic blue colour scheme?)

Yes, film sets are not used in theme parks because:

-They are often too flammable, and often use foams etc that are not safe or insurable for permanent installation.

-Not durable enough for guest abuse.

-Many props and sets look good on screen because they are far away and a camera can only capture a certain resolution, but in real life, up close, are quite rough and don't look good.

This goes for sets both big and small.

Put me down for a zero % chance of an Aquaman film props or sets being utilised in this coaster, if indeed it is even filmed to Aquaman. 

The production houses are usually loathe to keep anything standing used from filming incase it is misused, misrepresented or otherwise detracts from the image/brand of the movie at a later time. 

I know GC council campaigned Disney to keep some of the sets from Pirates, and struggled to get a thing. Same went for Thor 3

46 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I know GC council campaigned Disney to keep some of the sets from Pirates, and struggled to get a thing. Same went for Thor 3

Didn't Mayor Tate want to sink the fake ship as a dive site?   That was to he was told it was made out of MDF and was only half a boat.

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.thumb.jpg.2a73e0d11e77b5f8a560f32ea4d2ff29.jpg

The boat would fall apart in days and bits would have been found at P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

I'm don't think old sets would work.

In saying that MW had the Ghostship model on display outside for the old tour and that one seemed to last.

Ghostship was filmed at the studios had one of the best opening scenes.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

a scale model, used for exterior shots and so on, which I think was kept in a perspex case, is very different to a full size structure, typically made out of wood, paint, foam rubber, fibreglass and chicken wire.