Silly little things that should be fixed

pushbutton

Whilst I always enjoy my visits to any theme park, I usually notice little things which are annoying.

So I think it would be a good idea to start this thread about those things which would cost relatively little for the parks to fix and doing so could make a significant difference to the guest experience. 

Here's a few to kick off:

SEA WORLD: The main route through the park is obstructed by a low white gate. Just open it, or get rid of it!

DREAMWORLD: Getting into the park usually takes much longer than it should because they only open one door! Open them all, or change the entrance so it's like the ones at the Village parks. 

30 minutes ago, Gary86 said:

ALL PARKS - Does water need to cost the same as a soft drink?

I remember we used to buy tap water at Dreamworld an had to pay 20 cents for the cardboard cup it came in.  This was about 4 years ago.  Anyone know if they still do this?

My list:

Movieworld: Reopen the Chinatown Alley to allow people to be able to get from one end of the park to the other when you have the top section closed off for the photo shoots, shows, parade.

Also Movieworld:  Now that you have put in the Dirty Harry Bar extension maybe put something out letting people know how they are supposed to queue for HWSD2 especially when vehicles are coming out for appearances and staff are trying to tell people to get on the sidewalk where there is a building in the way or change the times vehicle come out so that people are less likely to be queued there.

Also Movieworld:  Put a wheelchair/stroller ramp where the pathway to Superman meets the roundabout instead of further around where you need to walk on a thin strip of footpath annoying other park guests who are then standing in the way.

Also Movieworld:  More seating for family and adults in the Junior Driving School attraction.  Speaking of which perhaps look at putting in more speakers lower to the ground and at a lower volume in same attraction as if myself and other adults cannot understand what your attendant is saying there is most likely no way any of the younger children do either.

Not really small things but:

Seaworld:  Remove the remaining railway track and open up the area closed off for it for people to walk through.

Movieworld: Put in another (maybe 2) parent/change room/s.  If you are at WWF or JL there is a long walk to heat bottles (Before anyone says ask someone at a food outlet they wont for safety reasons.  If they heat it too much and the child gets burned they can be held responsible.  I know because I asked one day.)  and put in permanent change benches as the fold out ones don't always support a child's weight and the child starts freaking out they are going to fall.  (Again have seen this multiple times.)

12 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Isn't it only SE that doesn't have loose item boxes at MW? All the other coasters do? 

Yes but Jet Rescue is the same.

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

On a similar note, Wet and Wild and Whitewater world are literally painful to walk around when the weather is hot!

Better shading and/or covering the pathways with something that stays cooler would help a great deal!

Noticed that WWW has had sprinklers and soaker hoses along the paths over summer to help this

All parks: Make the queue jump system line also a single rider or add a single rider. Would save the time and effort required calling for a single then waiting on them to make their way through the queue.

2 hours ago, ash.1111 said:

C'mon Movie World, take down the rest of the Christmas lights. They look tacky :(

I know they're sometimes used for events, but they really bug me.

You serious? 

There is over a million lights. It's months worth of work to get those in place and set up given work can only be done out of opening hours. They've been up for 4 years, they are not going to take them down. 

4 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

You serious? 

There is over a million lights. It's months worth of work to get those in place and set up given work can only be done out of opening hours. They've been up for 4 years, they are not going to take them down. 

Yeah, I am serious. I have almost come to terms with the icicle lights on the roof, but now they're leaving lights up around the facade windows/fixtures. I believe this is the first year they've left those up.

2 minutes ago, ash.1111 said:

Yeah, I am serious. I have almost come to terms with the icicle lights on the roof, but now they're leaving lights up around the facade windows/fixtures. I believe this is the first year they've left those up.

IMO that's being overly critical.

they are used for Carnivale, and for many corporate events and evenings, weddings etc. It would be completely impractical to remove them after each event 

2 hours ago, Gary86 said:

Sea World / Movie World. Do I really have to buy a locker to ride a rollercoaster? Have you heard of loose item boxes?

Even those little pouches that they have overseas. I couldn't believe how amazed I was at a little pouch when I saw it ? It just makes so much sense!

15 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

IMO that's being overly critical.

they are used for Carnivale, and for many corporate events and evenings, weddings etc. It would be completely impractical to remove them after each event 

I didn't think the facade/window lights are used during Carnivale? I agree that they may be used for events, but it shouldn't take away from the park's main purpose: a themed environment for its day-time operations.

You may think it's being overly critical, but I don't think it's fair to shoot down other people's opinions in a thread like this. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Gary86 said:

Sea World / Movie World. Do I really have to buy a locker to ride a rollercoaster? Have you heard of loose item boxes?

ALL PARKS - Does water need to cost the same as a soft drink?

if your referring to superman the reason they do this is because you exit at a different station (well not exactly it's the same station just separated by a big door) to where you get on so your stuff wouldn't be there anymore. of course they could just have a storage thing on wheels they can push over to the next station...

Edited by bladex

14 minutes ago, bladex said:

if your referring to superman the reason they do this is because you exit at a different station (well not exactly it's the same station just separated by a big door) to where you get on so your stuff wouldn't be there anymore. of course they could just have a storage thing on wheels they can push over to the next station...

They could do it like Dreamworld does for the Motocoaster. Just a revolving door type of arrangement for storage of personal belongings.

34 minutes ago, ash.1111 said:

I didn't think the facade/window lights are used during Carnivale? I agree that they may be used for events, but it shouldn't take away from the park's main purpose: a themed environment for its day-time operations.

You may think it's being overly critical, but I don't think it's fair to shoot down other people's opinions in a thread like this. :rolleyes:

If you think what I did was 'shoot down your idea' you are far more precious than I took you for, all I did was offer my opinion and the basis for it 

5 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

They could do it like Dreamworld does for the Motocoaster. Just a revolving door type of arrangement for storage of personal belongings.

Where would you put such a thing given the layout of the loading platforms? Regardless, all you would be doing is further slowing down loading 

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I was at Movie World last weekend and the lights that were on the walls for White Christmas have been taken down. Just the lights on the roof are still up, but I don't see a problem with those myself.

Around the windows and on some other sections there are still the rope lights installed.

6 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

I remember we used to buy tap water at Dreamworld an had to pay 20 cents for the cardboard cup it came in.  This was about 4 years ago.  Anyone know if they still do this?

Nope, overtime I go to the parks I get tap water for free. Beats paying $4.80 for a bottle and you don't need to carry it around with you.