Old video footage of our Aussie theme parks in 80's/90's

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Not condoning piracy, but what if that CD accidentally made its way to your CD drive, ripped itself to your computer and just happened to rip to a Google drive folder you just happened to accidentally post in this thread or via PM?

You could always just make a youtube playlist...

2 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

I have this, along with a MW souvenir vhs that I have never seen.

382359_10151263128411867_11369453_n.jpg

538303_10151263106241867_354817617_n-1.jpg

Yeah that's the one.  Wanted to see if I had all the songs on the computer as the little man loves listening to music he hears at the park.  Already gone through the music from the old thread and have all that.

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Some of these pics are before the 80s (late 70s does that count :D) here are 2 imagines of DWs main street under construction and another looking over now Ocean Parade.

More old DW photos at the following hyperlink

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pulseaustralia/3810908352/in/photostream/

3810091905_5ef9208fe5_z.jpg

3810092073_2518408ee5_z.jpg

3810908352_5db2160def_z.jpg

Hah! That's one of my old accounts. Good times.

5 hours ago, Gary86 said:

Sea World - 1978 - Have You Seen The Old Gold Coast Facebook Page12957505_1059823104060624_3173264880069802316_o.jpg

I also posted on YouTube this music video from Hey Hey Its Saturday Movie World Special from 1991. Aired the Saturday night before Movie World's official opening the following Monday. It features the Looney Tune River Ride.

Wow how great does the park look brand new!!

anyone have the full episode?

here is a video i found on facebook of the original australian Country Jamboree or  the koala county show as the first version was know as

the video also shows that all 22 animatronics from the shows hav been found and been restored by some australian animatronic collectors

its makes me very happy to know thay have been found and still exist

Woah! That first version is drastically different than the second! I don’t which one is more cringe worthy but I feel foreign tourists would probably have enjoyed the first one more because of its more Australian feel compared to the vaudeville showbiz revue style of the second.

I never knew Australia once had animatronic pizza restaurants.

thank you very much Ocean girl

was great too see the dreamworld i knew loved and grew up with again

seeing model T lane in its original layout was also great - this would have only been a few months before building work was started on the tower of terror

the park was owned by a japanese family at the time of this video and was still the way we all wish it was today

before it was sold to macquarie leisure / ardent leisure in 1998 and the park has become the shadow of its former self it is today

ocean girl did you see the video i found of the  australian Country Jamboree and thay have found all 22 animatronics and thay are owned and been restored by australian collectors

1 hour ago, T-bone said:

Thanks Oceangirl, loved the video. Especially loved the ride on the train :) Nice work. Nice to see the park in better times again. :)

Awww, you're all welcome, guys!!! I'm so glad you've enjoyed watching it as I have with reminiscing about that day ❤❤

Haha, yeah the train ride where I am stuffing my face with a hot dog, hahaha ? Too funny! Although that's only one of many embarrassing things about that video... the good ol' 90s, eh? Worth overcoming in order to share some precious mutual memories with everyone, though ???

That train ride is pretty awesome though, I agree! Especially when it goes past the ol' water park whilst it was still in operation :) I loved all the peacocks and ducks they had wandering around randomly back then, too. 

1 hour ago, downunder said:

Nice work Ocean Girl. I wish I'd recorded some of my early amusement park experiences. I'm not even 100% what my first ever coaster was.

Aw, that's no good. I remember we kept openly making comments during the unedited version of this tape about how my mum's ex partner insisted on filming nearly everything at the time, but I'm so, SO glad he did now! Otherwise it would have been a lot shorter video. 

9 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

thank you very much Ocean girl

was great too see the dreamworld i knew loved and grew up with again

seeing model T lane in its original layout was also great - this would have only been a few months before building work was started on the tower of terror

the park was owned by a japanese family at the time of this video and was still the way we all wish it was today

before it was sold to macquarie leisure / ardent leisure in 1998 and the park has become the shadow of its former self it is today

ocean girl did you see the video i found of the  australian Country Jamboree and thay have found all 22 animatronics and thay are owned and been restored by australian collectors

Not yet, am about to check it out now though :) I know a photo of one of the animatronic koalas surfaced on facebook recently though, brought back a lot of memories seeing it ☺

As much as I do love the Tower of Terror, I sort of see that particular ride as marking the beginning of the 'new' Dreamworld, as it permanently changed the park in many ways - made it incredibly loud, divided the park with its track, forced original attractions to be relocated elsewhere and introduced that new ground breaking style of 'thrill' into the park that it thrives on today. 

Dreamworld was never the same after that ?

10 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Awww, you're all welcome, guys!!! I'm so glad you've enjoyed watching it as I have with reminiscing about that day ❤❤

Haha, yeah the train ride where I am stuffing my face with a hot dog, hahaha ? Too funny! Although that's only one of many embarrassing things about that video... the good ol' 90s, eh? Worth overcoming in order to share some precious mutual memories with everyone, though ???

That train ride is pretty awesome though, I agree! Especially when it goes past the ol' water park whilst it was still in operation :) I loved all the peacocks and ducks they had wandering around randomly back then, too. 

Aw, that's no good. I remember we kept openly making comments during the unedited version of this tape about how my mum's ex partner insisted on filming nearly everything at the time, but I'm so, SO glad he did now! Otherwise it would have been a lot shorter video. 

Not yet, am about to check it out now though :) I know a photo of one of the animatronic koalas surfaced on facebook recently though, brought back a lot of memories seeing it ☺

As much as I do love the Tower of Terror, I sort of see that particular ride as marking the beginning of the 'new' Dreamworld, as it permanently changed the park in many ways - made it incredibly loud, divided the park with its track, forced original attractions to be relocated elsewhere and introduced that new ground breaking style of 'thrill' into the park that it thrives on today. 

Dreamworld was never the same after that ?

yes you are right .

once the tower of terror was built its been very sad and disapointing to see what the park has become today

just the same as movie world it was so magical in 1990's now its also a sad shadow of its former self with its mostly dc comic's theme

Edited by JeffreyMoore

I have to say whilst the 'charm' of the original Dreamworld is gone, I feel like some of you are carrying on like it is now some abomination of a theme park. 

It is the most complete park we have on the GC, and therefore in Australia (IMO).

it moved with the times. It added, what at the time was the tallest & fastest ride of earth, and you are now claiming this was the nail in the coffin for this once great park? 

I guess some would have preferred it had stayed the way it was, died a slow death and subsequently closed? Peacocks and animatronic koalas may bring back nostalgia and great memories, but as modern day successful theme parks go, they have no part.. 

2 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I have to say whilst the 'charm' of the original Dreamworld is gone, I feel like some of you are carrying on like it is now some abomination of a theme park. 

It is the most complete park we have on the GC, and therefore in Australia (IMO).

it moved with the times. It added, what at the time was the tallest & fastest ride of earth, and you are now claiming this was the nail in the coffin for this once great park? 

I guess some would have preferred it had stayed the way it was, died a slow death and subsequently closed? Peacocks and animatronic koalas may bring back nostalgia and great memories, but as modern day successful theme parks go, they have no part.. 

you are right that the parks have to move with the times but i dont see why they need to remove old attractions to ad new ones.

i feel the parks would be so much better if they kept what made the parks great and ad new rides etc around that

thats just my point of view