Man hospitalised after falling out of Dreamworld Log Ride

http://www.mygc.com.au/man-hospitalised-falling-ride-gold-coast-theme-park/

'A man has been taken to hospital after falling from a thrill ride at a theme park on the Gold Coast.

It’s understood the man fell out of the Log Ride at Dreamworld around 3pm on Sunday and became stuck in a conveyor belt.

The attraction was closed while the man was retrieved and treated by paramedics at the scene.'

What the? How does this even happen??? ?? The only conclusion I can come to is that he did something he shouldn't have, like try to get out of the boat, or was rocking it or something ??

Edited by OceanGirl

Barring a catastrophic failure, probably the best way to fall out of the log ride is to stand up and rock the boat.

EDIT:  Doing handstands works too.  If the post about is true, my god how breathtakingly stupid.   I mean sure, normal people do stupid things sometimes, but not THAT stupid.  that's a whole other level of moron, I hope the headline can be changed to 'Adult idiot injured doing the sort of bullshit that even a 12 year old would think is stupid'

Edited by joz

21 minutes ago, themagician said:

I read on one of the Facebook news pages, were a lady commented saying that she saw the incident occur, and apparently he stood up at the top of the lift hill and then he's fallen back.

This is a bit confusing to me, because the lift Hill prior to the drop is completely enclosed. So for someone to have witnessed this from the queue area, the guy would have have to have been visible up the very top of the hill, just before the drop. Which begs the question how he would have gotten stuck in the conveyer belt, as at that (and after) stage there isn't any? If anything he would have just slid down to the bottom, or worse, fallen off the side. 

So I'm a bit sceptical as to how legit that comment is ? Unless maybe they were talking about the first mini hill/drop at the beginning of the ride. I guess that's possible...

^Yeah that was my thought. But just thought I'd mention it on here. Maybe this person was just saying it, or that's what they had heard from staff. But standing up on the lifthill seems like the most likely way it happened. There are plenty of signs saying, don't stand up, so, they were just being stupid.

Ah well that makes more sense haha

I don't think there's anything saying the ride broke, my money is still on horse play, and if the lady who reckons she saw it happen is to be believed old mate was standing up at the top of the hill.  I too am a bit skeptical as to how she would have seen it, given how far away it is and the fact it's enclosed, but I guess we'll see how it turns out

From the details given, I think we can say that this ride didn't break and that caused a man to fall out of the log. And if the ride did break or suddenly stop, the only you could fall out is my standing. I'm now assuming that this lady didn't see the man fall, especially if he fell back onto the conveyor belt. I'm going to say, he decided to stand, for what ever reason while going up the lift hill, and even the jolting of it, or as it reached the top where it comes off the conveyor belt, he has fallen back. Ride attendant has seen this happen through one of the cameras in the lift hill, and has stopped the ride immediately.

^^ I'd expect that the procedure would be to contact a supervisor, advise them that there's a medical emergency and the supervisor would call the ambulance and liaise with them to get the paramedics to the incident.  In the mean time, the park would dispatch their own first aid and other operations staff/managers to the scene who would provide basic treatment and make sure the guest is not in harms way, as well as performing crowd control in the area. 

4 hours ago, bladex said:

what was he doing standing up to take a damn selfie or something? the fault is all his ignore ride safety and you ask for trouble stupid 90's kids...

got stuck in the conveyor belt though that's just hilarious! :lol:

Why 90s kids?

or 80s kids, 2000s kids or any kids exactly, anyone can be stupid and do stupid things

11 hours ago, joz said:

Ah well that makes more sense haha

I don't think there's anything saying the ride broke, my money is still on horse play, and if the lady who reckons she saw it happen is to be believed old mate was standing up at the top of the hill.  I too am a bit skeptical as to how she would have seen it, given how far away it is and the fact it's enclosed, but I guess we'll see how it turns out

What if the woman was in the log behind his...  She would have easily been able to see it if he was standing as his log was near the top and she was at the bottom starting the climb...