Man hospitalised after falling out of Dreamworld Log Ride

Really @OceanGirl  I can't remember never seeing one at the top as I enter.  Not going to go too much in what might have happened because each news article I read is saying something different.  I have always thought that something more was needed to be done in this area to stop the AndrewH factor.  Knott’s has and alarm that goes off if you stand up.  SW has a person sitting at the top.  I know they have video surveillance going on.  This is a question for a ride op or ex.  With all that is going on with operating the LogRide, how much time do you get to watch the video feed?  From what I have been told, I believe you have to be the highest level ride operator to control this ride.  On the radio they were just talking to a paramedic and he said he landed in the water.  If a log was at the bottom of the hill and the guy fell backwards then how could he have landed in the water if a log was at the bottom of the hill?  The paramedic also said he swallowed a lot of water but did not mention that he was stuck in the lift.

Edited by skeetafly

19 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

With those log rides with nothing holding you in someone is going to eventually be stupid and try something dumb, and that's what just happened.

Well you shouldn't have to have something holding you in like a harness or nothing people should just be responsibly and smart enough to not do anything like that, even after there being signs everywhere, 1 in the queue, 1 one the loading platform at the starts of the lift hills and trying to surf that's why the gold coast have Surfers Paradise. 

They should have got the police there to give him a redone breath test see if he was drunk (who else would think to do something so stupid). :D

@joz the only thing I can think of is that either he did it as soon as the ride stopped (may have been planning on doing it regardless) before the next boat appeared, may have been an empty boat hence no one seeing it up close, or maybe there was a stacking situation where they have a gap between boats? 

But the ride didn't stop?  It sounds like he was standing up, and the change in movement of the boat as it goes onto, or off of, the belt caused him to lose his balance, and fall backwards.  Would make sense at the bottom of the conveyor as its a reasonably dramatic change in acceleration and slope.  We are of course leaving out the possibility that he panicked and climbed out, which for a change in comfortable with

Regardless of what happened, it will be a shame if this incident affects the future of this ride in any way. Does anyone know if it has been reopened today? Or is the investigation still going ahead? 

30 years of drama free ride operation, and all it takes is one fool like this one to force the park to install unnecessary things like seatbelts and airbags in the boats 'just in case' someone else decides to be an idiot again in future.

It sucks ???

The investigations are over.  Skeet has used his powers for good and solved the mystery of the missing rider.  Not really, but I think Joz is onto something.  Everybody is assuming it happened at the top of the lift hill but I don’t believe this to be the case.  Unidentified lady saw the rider standing while the log was travelling.  She did not say on the lift, so she might have seen SuferBoy around the track and not going up the lift hill.  If a rider fell off the top then how did he end up stuck at the bottom, pinned under the water and next to the lift?  When I think of the lift it reminds me of an oversized treadmill.  To skeet if SurferBoy fell over the back of the log at the top, he wouldn’t go down but up. I can’t see it possible that the oversized treadmill wouldn’t push the rider back up the treadmill.  Skeet’s conclusion is SuferBoy was already surfing the log before reaching the hill.  During the transition SuferBoy has wipe-out and landed in the water.  The current of the water at that point would be extremely strong, pushing the dude down and towards the treadmill.  In a statement it’s mentioned SuferBoy drank a lot of water and in skeets eyes anywhere else on the track you could just lift you head up.  Skeet is going to have a lie-down now.

Edited by skeetafly

How would restraints even work?  If I'm a teenager and have my girlfriend/boyfriend laying back against me. (Oh baby).  How can we have separate restraints that you can't unlock yourself?  I think DW if anything will just install more cameras around the ride.  People have been doing stupid things on the Log Ride for 30 years. 

Edited by skeetafly

If you ran lap bars you could only ever have 2 people on a log. 

All this talk about logs reminds me of a childhood joke. 

Once there were three teenagers, two boys and one girl. The teenagers wanted to stay in a hotel, so they drove to the nearest one. The hotel owner said, "We only have one more free room, but it is the haunted one." The teenagers didn't care, so they said they'd take it anyway. "It's on the 4th floor." the owner said. Once the teenagers had gotten to the 4th floor, they heard a sound coming from inside of the room. The oldest boy said he'd go in first to see what the sound was. He went inside and heard a high-pitched voice saying, "When the log rolls over, we'll all be dead!" The teenager ran through the window screaming and died. Then the second oldest boy went into the room and heard, "When the log rolls over, we'll all be dead!" He too ran out the window screaming and died. Then it was the girls turn. Even though she was the youngest of the three teenagers, she was the bravest. She too heard, "When the log rolls over, we'll all be dead!" But she wasn't afraid. She listened closer and heard it coming from the bathroom and saw 2 flies on a piece of poop.

Edited by skeetafly

4 hours ago, bladex said:

see youtube for that answer. millennials aren't that bright either in fact kids seem to be getting more stupid each gen. :P

I think it's pretty stupid to jugde how smart someone is based on their age alone and what time period they grew up in. You think I'm stupid just because I didn't grow up in the 90s?

Edited by coasterdude44

I'm with you @coasterdude44If only my kids knew what I got up to as a kid.  Did way worst things then stand up on a Log Ride.  My mother who would be from the gen before me did worst things then I did.  If skeet had his way he would time travel and un-invent the internet.

Edited by skeetafly