Luna Park Sydney confirms Tango Train closure

Jobe

I guess LPS replaced the old Tango Train with an identical ride to prevent the cashed-up Milsons Point residents from crying about a new ride like they did with Hair Raiser. What a shame, I did wish there was something new. Quite disappointing.

Now onto another 2 years of random speculation before a new ride comes in- hopefully this time without salty neighbours whinging!

Although, seriously, if LPS is going to replace all of its old rides with identical copies every 2 years, their eventual failure will be inevitable.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

1 minute ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I guess LPS replaced the old Tango Train with an identical ride to prevent the cashed-up Milsons Point residents from crying about a new ride like they did with Hair Raiser. What a shame, I did wish there was something new. 

Now onto another 2 years of random speculation before something actually happens- hopefully this time without salty neighbours whinging!

Although, seriously, if LPS is going to replace all of its old rides with identical copies, their eventual failure will be inevitable.

The thing that I don't understand is if they don't want the noise then why do they move in there? It's not like the park only just opened lol 

7 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

The thing that I don't understand is if they don't want the noise then why do they move in there? It's not like the park only just opened lol 

I honestly agree, it's a bit like those rich dumbasses that lived a metre from the Collaroy beachfront in huge expensive houses that are now marked for demolition after a major storm- surely they should have been well aware of the risk that their pool in a storm might fucking fall off the house before buying the huge expensive house? Same thing applies, but the people complaining about the noise are stupid enough to buy an expensive apartment near a theme park that operates at night in the first place.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

As I have reported before guys, the legal option to complain against Luna Park has now been removed thanks to the Luna Park Site Amendment Act of 2005. As long as they act in the parameters of the site action plan then they are protected by this state government legislation. Check it out- its an interesting read.

Luna Park Site act Noise ammendment.pdf

13 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I honestly agree, it's a bit like those rich dumbasses that lived a metre from the Collaroy beachfront in huge expensive houses that are now marked for demolition after a major storm- surely they should have been well aware of the risk that their pool in a storm might fucking fall off the house before buying the huge expensive house? Same thing applies, but the people complaining about the noise are stupid enough to buy an expensive apartment near a theme park that operates at night in the first place.

Actually, nearmap images of those houses prior to the storm (only a MONTH prior) show there was a good 15 metres between the beach and the pool. In almost any approval process - 15 metres would be sufficient. Who would imagine the ocean would wash away FIFTEEN METRES of soil, grass and trees?

4 minutes ago, downunder said:

Sorry to double post.

At Luna Park right now. Tango Train is all lit up and looks like it will be ready to go real soon. Contruction walls are still up.

They are setting up an ice rink in Maloney's Corner, have they done that before?

Interesting. I do believe that they have had ice skating set up in the Big Top before, but this was quite a few years ago.. Its a great idea though. I could see that becoming a regular winter attraction.

Can you get some pics of the new Tango train lit up?

Although it would have been great to have a new ride, I'm glad they've made the decision to keep this very popular and classic style of ride. It adds a great atmosphere to that area of the park and I can't think of another ride that would offer quite the same energy. So on this basis I think they've made a good decision to restore a classic ride, rather than replace it with something different. Let's hope something new is on its way to the flying saucer area soon.

The earlier suggestion of a classic chair swing ride for the Tango Train site is now my hope for the flying saucer area. It would be great up that high to swing out over the people underneath on ground level. 

On 15/06/2016 at 7:55 AM, AlexB said:

Actually, nearmap images of those houses prior to the storm (only a MONTH prior) show there was a good 15 metres between the beach and the pool. In almost any approval process - 15 metres would be sufficient. Who would imagine the ocean would wash away FIFTEEN METRES of soil, grass and trees?

An environmental engineer perhaps? 

• 2 weeks later...

I went down for a little look on the weekend, and can confirm that the "new" Tango Train is a vast improvement on its predecessor. 

The ride sits further forward than the old one, and the queue line goes around behind the back of the ride. It has two cycle types: "mild" (slower speed for all heights) and "wild". "Wild" is feels significantly faster than the old one, especially in reverse.

They appear to have taken care with the aesthetics which is great to see. It's got a nice colour scheme that complements the rest of the park, and it now feels like it belongs. It isn't a trailer ride just plonked down like the old one was. They also appear to be building some type of entrance structure, which is currently two concrete columns with a curtain over them. It will be interesting to see what they have planned here, and also whether they'll be bringing back the zigzag shaped shade structure which used to stand outside the old one. It was kinda cool so it'd be a shame to see it go - especially in the summer and on wet days.

It was also good to see some attention to detail in the "tunnel" area and on the roof which was painted as a night sky with stars and strobe lights, which looked good.

Brighter and faster, you can now choose your ride - MILD or WILD - with Green guests able to ride the Mild cycle with an accompanying adult for the very first time!

There's a new Tango in town! To celebrate the opening of the new Tango Train, we're giving you the chance to CHOOSE YOUR RIDE and win a day out at Luna Park for you and 39 friends, including:

-- Unlimited Rides for you and 39 friends --

-- Meal and Sideshow Games vouchers --

-- Plus the chance to ride the new Tango Train together as a crew! --

Simply tell us who out of our celeb pairs you'd prefer to ride the Tango Train with by voting online. Don't forget to return and vote in every round to score more entries!

Enter Now

Brighter and faster, you can now choose your ride - MILD or WILD - with Green guests able to ride the Mild cycle with an accompanying adult for the very first time!

Luna Park are preparing to launch the new Tango Train. No dates as of yet but advertising e-mails have been sent out. Look for an official announcement soon. 

These school holidays there is also a Ice Skating rink to tie in with the current Ice Age movie release.

Don’t forget to hit the Collision Course Outdoor Ice Rink these holidays! Free with your Unlimited Rides or Annual Pass

2 good reasons to visit LPS with the family these school holidays.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2016 at 3:06 PM, Wil_i_am_not said:

Hi everyone, just a quick update on the Tango Train. The ride is an SBF Visa ride as Jobe mentioned, the ride is now on the SBF Visa website, and is listed as Music Express 20.musik1.jpg

Link: http://sbfrides.com/en/product/451/MX511/MUSIK-EXPREES-20.html

Great pickup thanks for sharing this @Wil_i_am_not!

On 8/18/2016 at 0:45 AM, jjuttp said:

Is it just me or does it look like its taken the spot the carousel had?

As Yoshi has correctly pointed out, the Carousel is located further up to the right of the Light House.What you see in the right is the stairway access and the exit from the former Flying Saucer ride.

I have been thinking that LPS should replace their large SkyLab Ferris wheel , which is getting on in years ( it has to be 30 plus years old ) with one of these!!

A unique ride experience and a first for Australia and most importantly- a ride that the residents could not complain about!! 

Thoughts?

IntaminCoasterWheel.jpg

Coaster_Wheel_web.pdf