Sea World updates 2016

15 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

image.jpeg

I'm really impressed with how the fountain came out. looks awesome - but it seems to be causing leaks across the other side of the path...

14 hours ago, Santa07 said:

The other possibility is that something is happening with the building it's on (the one that used to house the 4D movie, is it still there?), although I wouldn't think it would be anything big due to what'll be happening at MW next year.

I like the sound of something being done with the castle. It takes up a crapload of space in the park and is poorly utilised. Don't think that they won't do anything big just because Movie World has something big coming too - we have to remember that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the parks to capitalise on Commonwealth Games exposure. I firmly believe all the parks have something planned before the games arrive. On what scale I don't know, but VRTP has embarked on a huge improvement program around all of the parks, as well as large capital expenditures - SW roof, TopGolf, New MW Coaster, massive WWF refurb, and whatever is happening with the Aqua Racer and Jet Streams at WnW. SW could still have something else in the pipeline. We've been so busy trying to work out whats happening at MW, things at SW could very easily have slipped under the radar.

Funny you should mention that, @reanimated35... I ended up having an unexpected discussion with one of the roof labourers last time I was there taking pics (he was finished for the day and standing nearby) and he had the exact same concerns. He wasn't so convinced either that the clearance for the monorail was enough for it to fit under/through! Surely Sea World would have done all their homework in advance, though? Maybe it's just an optical illusion of some sort :lol: I'm sure it will be fine and they have it all worked out.

That said, I'd love to be there when they do the first test cycle :P

While it's quite clear that it will fit (there's some good photos around from a different angle that shows quite well how big the gap is) it's interesting how easy one perspective shows an apparent small gap which wouldn't seem to allow room for it to fit. 

I'll be at the park for most of the day tomorrow/today (Saturday) any particular photos you want of the new area?

50 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Thoughts on the trees...

1. They'll have to keep cutting their height down.
  2. Weren't birds a problem there before? Now there's trees for them to congregate in near food?

Thoughts on your thoughts on trees...

1. Those trees are not going grow to the level of that roof for a LONG time, like as in decades, if at all. They are not eucalyptus trees... That's like buying a pot plant from Bunnings and worrying you'll have trim it all the time or it'll hit the roof of your house. 

2. Trees don't attracts birds. There are trees everywhere, so what attracts birds is supplementary needs, ie food, of which the situation has not changed. The trees they have planted are also not exactly nesting suitable trees either...