Sea World updates 2016

I noticed that while i was there the other day. Bit of an out of the way place usually, but given its the only route through the park, you can't miss it. It is disappointing with the plaza closed that really the only food outlets you've got are at the front entrance... if you want a 'decent meal' over a BBQ or Cafe style like they have up near the water park. You really miss what the plaza offers. Thankfully once the pain of construction is over, the new area will provide a great outdoor seating and dining experience. I do remember sitting in the outdoor area of the plaza in september \ January and finding it unbearably hot - and due to the shape of the buildings, very little breeze gets through so its a real hotbox. hopefully the roof will alleviate that.

Yeah you've got me there. Shows you how much impact that place has had on me over the years. I can honestly say i've never been in the building, and I never think of it when it comes to deciding what to eat. This in itself, for me, tells me they need to market it a lot better than they have\do.

I'd say Sea World probably has the best range of food outlets of any of the Gold Coast parks, even without the central food court at the moment.

There is Dockside as mentioned above, and also several restaurants in the resort, plus the front food court.

Still room for improvement though, especially in terms of non-alcoholic and non-sugary drinks.

I'm hoping this will be addressed in the new food court.

^^ well it does have to be local so back to the question which ever LOCAL (qld) park sells friend chicken WINS :lol:

i don't think SW does anymore i think they only have chicken nuggets? last time we were there that's all they had.

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Ehh.. I'll just get a pass out and go across the road from MW. Screw going to Japan for KFC..

there's also one down the road from SW B)

Edited by bladex

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Isn't the resort entry to Sea World now restricted so only SWR guests can use it? That pretty quickly eliminates adding in the resort food outlets to the park's count - which then creates a big hole in their offering @pushbutton

Last time we were there (a month ago) we were able to get a re entry stamp at the resort entry as my son wanted to look in the shop and I wanted to inquire about the resort...

4 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

Last time we were there (a month ago) we were able to get a re entry stamp at the resort entry as my son wanted to look in the shop and I wanted to inquire about the resort...

That's cool, if I can find quality food at or near a park I'm happy to pay up for that. Noted for next visit. I did the Shark Encounter not long ago and they were getting some pretty good stuff that would be nice cooked up lol. Though Elle the monster bull shark spat stuff out, but Diesel the Dusky Whaler ate everything.

Just now, Wyncenuros said:

Query re all this food plaza work...  Have they at least widened the path that used to go over the train line so more people can walk through that area with less of a bottle neck...  Not even going to bother asking if they are getting rid of the notorious gate...

better question, have they removed the "no entry gate"?