Sea World updates 2016

2 hours ago, Clayton said:

image.jpeg

Is it just a dodgy photo or is that slab (front right) actually BENT? (wait - i think it's just angled backwards towards the sewer pit and its an optical illusion).

Thats a nice hole. given the footings \ footers we see in that shot - which I assume will be for the roof - what could that hole possibly be? I can't imagine it would be pit\pipe because that should be a trench, shouldn't it?

1 hour ago, Wyncenuros said:

Query re all this food plaza work...  Have they at least widened the path that used to go over the train line so more people can walk through that area with less of a bottle neck...  Not even going to bother asking if they are getting rid of the notorious gate...

I guess I didn't go that way - is that notorious gate actually accessible during construction or is it still blocked off?

Also - They may have only removed the gate for ease of access during construction. It may still come back to channel guests through the plaza!

I can't imagine they will bring that gate back, if they wanted people to move through the plaza, they put a building there, or a wall, or garden beds. I doubt they'd remove a gate, just to add it back again. From what I've seen when at the park, there is no sign of the fence or gates in that area.

Edited by themagician

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Is it just a dodgy photo or is that slab (front right) actually BENT? (wait - i think it's just angled backwards towards the sewer pit and its an optical illusion).

Definite slant, likely for drainage, but i think it's exaggerated by the uneven level of the ground before the slab ).

Thats a nice hole. given the footings \ footers we see in that shot - which I assume will be for the roof - what could that hole possibly be? I can't imagine it would be pit\pipe because that should be a trench, shouldn't it?

It's clearly a dive tunnel for the new 'intense' monorail setting

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

I guess I didn't go that way - is that notorious gate actually accessible during construction or is it still blocked off?

Also - They may have only removed the gate for ease of access during construction. It may still come back to channel guests through the plaza!

Does this dodgy drawing help understand the concrete layout? There seems to be an angled slab on the left and a curved one on the right. Unless you're talking about the small slant to the stormwater drain? 

help.jpg

Re the hole - Given that they appear to have carefully dug around an existing stormwater drain, I would assume there's a pipe around the blue area here and the hole is possibly for a new maintenance hole to be installed, possibly for a line as in pic 2 below.

SW.jpg

(Drawing of course not even close to scale)

notevenclosetoscale.JPG