Sharknado Alive! - Shark Tank TV Show Proposal coming to Dreamworld?

If any of you saw the episode of Shark Tank last night on channel 10, you would've seen Lynton V. Harris propose his latest interactive attraction, Sharknado Alive!

For anyone who doesn't know, Lynton is the owner of the Sudden Impact! Entertainment Company, which has created various attractions & scare mazes for theme parks and other establishments across Australia and the United States, including the AVPX and Zombie Evilution attractions for Dreamworld.

If you want to watch the attraction proposal, skip to 33:15 - http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/shark-tank/season-2/episode-1

There weren't many details released about the attraction itself, apart from this one concept image.

Sharknado Alive.png

TL/DR - I'm 99% certain that this Sharknado attraction will be replacing Zombie Evilution in 2017.

So why do I think this is coming to Dreamworld?

Since Laser Tag has been "retired," and now that Zombie Evilution only operates as a scare maze for special events, the attraction's closure is imminent. It wouldn't make sense to stop operating the scare maze before the final screamworld event (19th November) - so I believe that the scare maze will cease operation after the Screamworld event on the 19th of November, in preparation for it's transformation into Sharknado Alive! ready for the 2017 April holidays period.

It took 166 days (31st March - 12th September) for the conversion from AVPX to Zombie Evilution, however, as it's highly unlikely that laser tag will return (and all of the technical side related to that), the conversion from Zombie Evilution to Sharknado shouldn't take as long. Assuming that the attraction's final night of operation is the 19th of November, this gives the park 133 days before the April school holidays, commencing April 1st 2017, to convert the attraction.

To further back this up, in an email I received previously, Dreamworld has said:

Nothing is planned for Zombie prior to November, and details are not yet confirmed as the focus is on the current projects

While this leaves room for doubt, the Sharknado theme actually fits into the Ocean Parade area (unlike the previous attractions [Aliens, Predators and Zombies]) - the infrastructure is already there for the attraction to be installed, and Dreamworld already has an ongoing relationship with the Sudden Impact company, I don't see why this wouldn't happen, but I can understand any doubt there may be. :)

I'd love to hear what you all think of this :)

9 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

just watched the clip of Sharknado, they said that Zombie Evilution has been signed on for another year, so maybe this isn't heading to Dreamworld, maybe it's Movie World's World Class Attraction :P 

I assume the episode would've been filmed late last year, therefore the third year would be this year. Considering the attraction was opened in 2013, 2 years of the contract would've ended it late last year :)

Sure, the movie was a bit of a joke however I think this could be an awesome attraction. I'm just thinking though, in what category would the walkthrough fall into? The movies (after the original) were supposed to be stupid and just plain ridiculous. So would this classify as a 'horror' maze, thoughts?

17 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Comedy-horror? If that's a genre?

The 2011 movie Cabin In The Woods could be considered comedy-horror? The Sharknado IP may seem silly.....but I think that's the whole point. The walk through attraction will probably be hilarious, scary and all around fun at the same time. 

Don't mind him Maxin. 

You'll find there are many armchair moderators on here that lack some in people skills. 

Welcome. Try not to use too much crazy text though cause it tend to be annoying, but hopefully someone can answer your question. 

19 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

There's a good chance you're just going to be a troll anyway, but if not, please format your posts like everyone else manages to. 

17 minutes ago, Maxin Jones said:

:o I came to have my question answered

1 minute ago, djrappa said:

Don't mind him Maxin. 

You'll find there are many armchair moderators on here that lack some in people skills. 

Welcome. Try not to use too much crazy text though cause it tend to be annoying, but hopefully someone can answer your question. 

1 - it's not about trying to be an "armchair moderator" it's simply asking for someone to type like everyone else. You know, conform to the rest of us sheep. 

2- Maxin, I even tried reverse image searching the person from the clip, couldn't find her. Tried looking for credits in the show, there wasn't any. Tried checking LVH website - under construction and the other one (older one) has no info on Sharknado. Tried social media for LVH, SuddenImpact and Shark Tank, couldn't get any results. She does look somewhat familiar though, but she's quite possibly just "generic model #525". 

3- djrappa - you don't seem to like me, from what I remember you've complained about stuff I've said before. Why don't you like me? 

4- MW execs have also recently caught up with LVH. Make of that what you will. 

26 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Don't mind him Maxin. 

Thanks for your concern and warm welcome :)

20 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

1 - it's not about trying to be an "armchair moderator" it's simply asking for someone to type like everyone else. You know, conform to the rest of us sheep. 

2- Maxin, I even tried reverse image searching the person from the clip, couldn't find her. Tried looking for credits in the show, there wasn't any. Tried checking LVH website - under construction and the other one (older one) has no info on Sharknado. Tried social media for LVH, SuddenImpact and Shark Tank, couldn't get any results. She does look somewhat familiar though, but she's quite possibly just "generic model #525". 

3- djrappa - you don't seem to like me, from what I remember you've complained about stuff I've said before. Why don't you like me? 

4- MW execs have also recently caught up with LVH. Make of that what you will. 

Cheers for input #2, hehe still would like to find out. She looks a tad familiar to me

Edited by Maxin Jones

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

There's nothing personal here. I will call out any member that spends time disciplining other members rather than contributing to theme park discussion. 

And just so EVERYONE is aware "simply asking someone to bla bla bla" IS armchair moderating. Kindly leave any instructions on posting to the actual moderators. 

I also dislike any first impression given to a first time poster being negative. 

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

He hates everyone, all theme park websites needs at least one person who hates everyone, and he's ours.  But I like you reanimated, and from how long I've known Djrappa, I'd suggest there'd be stronger language than what you've encountered in this thread if there was actual dislike. 

Anyway, finally caught the Sharknado thing, yeah looks kinda cool in a totally ridiculous way, be interesting to see where it pops up.  As for the Gold Coast candidates, Dreamworld have the current relationship, and it'd fit themeing wise where you'd expect it would go.  Movie World have used him in the past for early Fright Nights, but it'd be interesting to know their current relationship after Movie World decided to go off and design their own walk through attractions using a lot of the tactics that they learnt from Lynton.  Could be an entertaining little filler Movie attraction, and one not related to DC either, so winner!  Personally though, I think it'd be hilarious to see this placed in a series of shipping containers underneath Storm at Sea World. 

Let's be real though, we all know it'll end up at Luna Park Sydney.

8 hours ago, joz said:

and from how long I've known Djrappa, I'd suggest there'd be stronger language than what you've encountered in this thread if there was actual dislike.

Have to agree here - I don't know Rappa anywhere near what I presume Joz and a lot of the others do, but he's right. You can trust him to speak his mind, and that's not a bad thing.

If I throw back to the old R-C.com.au days, where new members would usually get a "welcome to the forums. Please check out the community guidelines here" - that was usually said by whichever member happened to reply first. It's been said here more recently that the group, for the most part, does manage to 'deal with' issues themselves, and it's rare that a moderator actually needs to get involved.

I think Reanimated's original reply could have been less negative 'good chance of being a troll' and probably could have been more positive, but he did say please - it was a request, not a direction.

Much as i've been guilty of it in the past, Rappa is right about the first impression to new members though - and probably something many members (and community leaders too ;) ) might need to look into.

#offtopic - where the hell is @Gazza ?

Onto the topic. As far as shark tank, I see it as a bit of shameless cross promotion (which I have no problem with). I have no doubts that Lynton approached the production with the idea of cross promotion, and i'm sure it was carefully scripted with the "all-in" shark investment agreed upon ahead of time. The interjections and additions offered by the 'Nova' character make this fairly plain to see AFAIC.

I sincerely doubt LVH needed the money, given the details of his business plan clearly articulated that after the initial 1-2 deployments of the attraction, the rest are mostly profit - and clearly with Sudden Impact's years of success.

@Lynton V Harris is a member here, and known to several on a more personal level because of their involvement with the parks. I find Sharknado a bit laughable at best (I haven't seen any of them) but I have no doubts it will be just as entertaining as many of his other attractions have been. The eventual placement is interesting - he did mention the ongoing relationship with Dreamworld, and it would fit well into Ocean Parade - far better than zombies or aliens... but as mentioned above I would like to see this 'movie' linked attraction at Movie World, or Sea World given the obvious marine relationship.

5 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Hi welcome to Parkz, weird text formatting can be a pain sometimes but you'll always be better than POP. No-one can be worse than POP.

Whilst Pop's formatting was annoying, his content was pretty easy to ignore given the lack of relevance. RWC on the other hand was far worse as he actually contributed to relevant discussions with crap... #Mack

I'm a bit sceptical of this attraction and the experience it would provide. I'm going to keep an open mind for it, but after seeing the first Sharknado, and how bad it was, I'm just not a fan of the link to it. I do believe it would be much more fitting at DW and is more likely with their connection. Despite MW have connections with them in the past, I doubt they have much contact anymore and don't see it as something going to MW. And in regards to  SW, despite the shark theme of the attraction, I don't think it's something they'd go for as the park is about raising awareness of sea creatures and sharing their beauty, not killing sharks that attack everything they see.