Woman who fell over at Movie World sues for half-a-million dollars

A young Australian woman is suing Movie World for $500,000 after allegedly tumbling from a flowerbed while trying to watch the theme park's New Year's Day parade.

Helena Geragotelis, 26, claims she was not warned of the danger she would face by climbing the raised flowerbed in 2014 for a better view of costumed Warner Bros characters, according to Brisbane court documents.

Ms Geragotelis says Movie World employees watched on as she and other park visitors stood on the flowerbed, before she fell backwards and hit the ground.

She claims she was concussed and was left with painful injuries to her neck and spine, the Gold Coast Bulletin reports.

There were no signs advising the public not to climb on the flowerbeds, Ms Geragotelis claims.

On that note, I am outta here to jump off the nearest M1 bridge, since there is no signs not to! :P:blink:<_<:rolleyes: 

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/05/09/15/52/woman-who-fell-over-at-movie-world-sues-for-half-a-million-dollars#sjCuqlSqITUUi5hL.99

What's wrong with our the generation of people?

someone decides to trespass old ride,

someone falls out on the Log Ride

and someone climbing a tree to see the characters

someone sueing WNW for getting stuck on the Aqualoop?

Jesus Christ,..

Edited by The_Ninja_59

I think you need to rethink your only QLD restraint free policy @coasterdude44   I could list heaps of rides from the top of my head.  Eureka also had restraints.  Eureka 1 had no restrains but most people never rode it or remember it on the forums.  I remember it only because I had my mates bum rubbing up against me.  That you never get out of your head.

http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Gold_Coast/Dreamworld/ride/245-Eureka_Mountain_Mine_Ride

Restraint style Seatbelt

I remember it being a 3 point seat belt as I always waited for my brother to do his up before me as he was younger and I wanted to make sure his was secure.  Of course this was in the early 90's when we were finally tall enough to ride.

Edited by Wyncenuros

no next someone is definitely going to stand up in the river rapids right before it goes in the tunnel. i'll tell you exactly how it will happen to. someone is going to try and shoot them with the water cannon so they will stand up to try and avoid it than go ass over head into the drink. :lol:

Edited by bladex

On 9/5/2016 at 8:07 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

... or add a new one. Good point.

DSC00047.JPG.c1cccf5a649480e7521519052325f9df.JPG

I don't think we can use Andrewh's escapade in this discussion - although it's slightly out of shot - the letters in the above photo are part of the message "Exit Only" so by entering through that door, there was a sign that told him not to... definitely not able to sue in this situation so it doesn't fit with the other examples.

5 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I don't think we can use Andrewh's escapade in this discussion - although it's slightly out of shot - the letters in the above photo are part of the message "Exit Only" so by entering through that door, there was a sign that told him not to... definitely not able to sue in this situation so it doesn't fit with the other examples.

I don't even think the words 'Exit Only' are needed to say 'Don't go in to this SBNO ride'

"Helena Geragotelis, 26, claims she was not warned of the danger she would face by climbing the raised flowerbed in 2014"...

Is the offending flower bed still even there?

I would put money on it being in the courtyard area at the top of main street...  Didn't think there were any other raised garden beds you can view the parade from?

Edited by Wyncenuros