Sign in to follow this  
PAddLePoP

Dreamworld at off peak time

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!! My name is Nick, I am from Melbourne. A friend and I are planning a trip up to Surfers to visit the theme parks, we are going between May 10th and the 15th. What I was wondering what is the attendance at Dreamworld like during these times? I went last during the christmas holidays and IT WAS PACKED, I had to wait like hours for Cyclone but I still had fun!!! But basically what are the queue times like during the offpeak season? Thanks heaps everyone!! Nick

Queue times aren't too bad in off peak. Pretty much if you wait longer then 30mins for anything you'll be unlucky (except for Cyclone, which has a 30min+ queue built into the design so you can soak up the atmosphere). Genrally though, everything should be less then 20 min, so long as you follow the genral-works everywhere-game plan (Hit the big rides first, go on the rides over lunch, and hit the water rides and anything you've missed after 3). Have fun!

WooHoo sounds good, thanks heaps everyone! I am ready to get quite a few rides in during my stay (as I dont visiit queensland often) so we are going for the 2 day pass. I'm so excited!! :D

Dreamworld really lightens the staffing midweek. Even though the park might be empty, you'll probably be guaranteed 15min+ queues for all the major rides. Nothing unbearable though, especially if you're coming up from Melbourne. You'll also have Rocky Hollow Log Ride down for maintenance, no great losses there, but everything else should be operating.

Cyclone always seems to take the longest during non peak times because theres usually one person there that has to walk around and do everything. Giant Drop won't take long at all unless only one side is operating. Tower of Terror holds a fair amount of people and gets through pretty quickly as long as it isn't raining. Wipeout takes heaps of people each time and you wouldn't expect to be stuck in a big line there. Rapids gets busy though it gets through the rides fairly quickly and at times you would have to line up less then 5 minutes in non peak. Sometimes if it really isn't busy you may get to go twice, but that is unlikely unless it is a wet day or you are there really early before the crowd gets to the ride. Blue Lagoon may also be closed seeing it is the Winter time, and Tomb Raider of course is over now.