2016 for Movie World

18 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Since everyone wanted it but was too lazy to create it. 

Here's where we can discuss the new additions and happenings for 2017 at Warner Bros Movie World, Gold Coast, Australia. 

need I say more. B)   I think I forgot to say thank you.   "Thank you" :)

Edited by skeetafly

Oh really? Because last time I asked the attendant why there hadn't been any music playing on the ride (about a week ago) they told me that the carts had to be charged each night for that stuff - music, light etc - and that the carts had just run out of charge by that time of the day. Funnily enough, its been weeks now since I have experienced the ride with the music :( So @downunder196 I think you're definitely onto something there <_< Which is a shame, as I think the ride is definitely enhanced by having it on! 

I recall talking to one of the operators (who i've known for a long time) not long after GL opened, and mentioned that the switch was set to off. It's been a while now, but I think the reply was basically that that switch doesn't have anything to do with whether audio is on or off.

As for the charging overnight thing - of course they do, but I thought when we heard about the tech coming to the park that the trains would top up charge every time they were in the station? Wasn't there some really rapid charging technology or something?

This could just be me being a little bit delirious after a long day, but does it appear to anyone else that a piece of the roof of the Arkham Tower is missing? 

20160518_162916.jpg.9608a2f02ecc4cfc2db4dea79ee64109.jpgshocktherapy2.jpg

It makes me wonder whether we could be seeing some hefty updates to AA to coincide with the new Villains Area

Edited by Zanstabar

The stuff between the tracks is the secondary braking system isnt it? I think GL has contacts/collectors on the left outside of the track as you come into the station. A little contact runs through a channel generating a small charge kind of like an alternator in a car. Machinery often use them to power things like switches and sensors. Think a lot of coasters use some variant of the same idea to power restraints and stuff too.

Edited by Levithian

VIP Magic Passes have returned again, and as said the other week, now includes Paradise Country. I think having this option, as well as the monthly option is a good idea, and probably released this after DW offered both and not just the monthly payment pass.

https://themeparks.com.au/box-office/vip-magic-pass/select-tickets.aspx

$109.99 for 13 months isn't outside the realm of 'usual pricing'. They've also now got to ensure the pricing is relevant to the Membership - they don't want to be seen to be offering the same or more for a lower price on a VIP pass when members are still paying per month, otherwise they may lose membership back to the VIP program.

I doubt we'll see much in the way of a price drop until closer to Christmas, when the validity is ~6 months.

So I had a chat with a friendly staff member today, started off just asked about what's happening to the Arkham roof and it all rolled from there. Anyway, in a nutshell... 

- lots of freshening up going to be happening around the park over coming months. They are fixing up the Arkham roof because it has sun fade. Superman Escape is having its track repainted red for the same reason soon, wild west falls (as we already know) is also getting a big refurbish.

- The person I spoke to mentioned special headsets being introduced as an option soon, I asked if it was the VR ones that they have recently brought out at American parks, she said "that's them". Don't know at this stage if it will be just to Wild West Falls or other rides too (since we were talking about WWF's refurb at the time) but either way they are apparently planned for the park.

- She also mentioned the "mega"  Coaster coming soon, although she said that staff knowledge about it is very slim, as it's very hush hush atm. 

Either way, she emphasised on Movieworld working on freshening up the park and making it look awesome again ???