2016 for Movie World

Good to hear they are freshening up the park. And I'm hoping they have some good plans for WWF refurbishment. I'm assuming a repaint. And hopefully a number of new effects added.

I've said what I think about VR on rides before, but I think as an option for riders is a good idea. Even if it's an additional cost, and you use it throughout the day if wanted for certain rides. I don't think they'd have it for WWF due to the experience the ride already gives. The coasters are the most likely option, and think would enhance the experience, if done right. They could have Batman flying ride in his 'Bat' (I'm thinking something like they had for the Batman Adventure Ride 2. SE could add to the earthquake happening in Metropolis. Would be good to see the roof collapsing for real, police car crashing through roof, etc. But I think the ride it could be best for would be GL, if the music is playing and you feel like your in GL universe with him flying around, battling it out with the villains.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

I doubt we'll see much in the way of a price drop until closer to Christmas, when the validity is ~6 months.

1 hour ago, bladex said:

they will be cheaper near xmas you watch.and when i have to get 6 at a time every cent counts!

I know. that's why I said it.

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Can see they are tearing off the wrap on the Arkham Asylum roof thingy. Looks like they have a new one to put on too. Dunno if you can see in these pics, but I'll upload my canon ones when I get home which are zoomed in better! 

As promised...

aa.jpg

aa2.jpg

Also they are currently working on an AA train in the maintenance bay. Whether its a new second one, or the usual one, remains a mystery....

aatrain.jpg

7 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Yep. The (arguably) most themed ride in the park, and they are going to make you wear a headset and not see any of it ? 

Not a chance.

GL for mine would be the fav, that way if you get stuck on it at least you can watch some cool graphics cycle while you're sitting there....

Or would it link in that well together that the VR freezes too? :P 

16 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Also they are currently working on an AA train in the maintenance bay. Whether its a new second one, or the usual one, remains a mystery....

aatrain.jpg

I've received additional word that the park has always had two sets of bogeys, so the second set being visible isn't an indication of a new train coming.

Apparently they still only have one set of hangers (the piece that connects to the joint in the middle of the "axle" seen in the centre of the photo above), so looks like a second train is off the cards.

On 23 May 2016 at 2:43 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

As promised...

aa.jpg

aa2.jpg

aatrain.jpg

There's only one Arhkam Train, they sold the other one

16 minutes ago, dmh said:

There's only one Arhkam Train, they sold the other one

Yes I'm aware of this @dmh, although they didn't sell it. They pulled it apart years ago to use as replacement parts on the current train.

But if you read back a few pages in the Doomsday Destroyer topic, there's been speculation and ongoing discussion about them maybe building a second train. That's what my comment was in regards to :);) 

Edited by Theme Park Girl
Sorry was the DD topic the discussion was in, not this one.

I know it's been brought up previously, but the extended downtime coming up for SE & WWF is pretty much confirmation to me of what MW employee said about them getting major refurbishments soon. I mean geez, they are both down for 2 months... in WWF case even longer, and throughout the duration of the June school holidays at that :blink: 

http://movieworld.com.au/plan-your-day/attraction-maintenance.aspx

Definitely sounds like a lick of paint is on the way for both, along with lots of extra attention hopefully :D:D:D

Had my first visit back to Movie World after almost six months, and I had an absolute blast. 

The whole villains precinct seems to be progressing quite nicely. I didn't think it looked the best when viewing it solely from photographs online, but I'm starting to actually appreciate it once I saw it in person. Is it going to be the next Wild West Falls? No, but it appears to be on par, if not better, than some of the most well themed areas in Australian parks.

From what I gathered, almost all the rides were working as well as they could. Scooby had almost all it's effects working, but could have done with some louder music in the coaster section. Superman Escape had almost no queue for about 45 minutes to an hour this morning, which lead to some great rides, especially with a surprise spotting of @Slick. Green Lantern was working nicely, although without any on-board soundtrack. The actual operation of the ride was a tad sub-par, however. Waiting 10 minutes on the break run isn't exactly the best time, especially when it wasn't the only time it happened today.

Well a quick google (for a starting reference point) shows eServe at other companies basically says something along the lines of "eServe is our web-based portal which can be accessed using a desktop or any smart mobile device"...  So...  Order and pay online using your smart phone then collect at the counter?

Edited by Wyncenuros

I did SFMM on a saturday in 2013. The park was quite busy - so busy in fact that even with a platinum flash pass we still missed some rides we wanted to do.

We were still able to join a (single) queue for food with +/- about 5 people in front of us.

Contrast that to my visits to MW, where Gotham Burgers - arguably the most popular (and sometimes only) quick service food outlet in the park - where multiple queues were sometimes 15-20 deep... and I'd say with their current operations model, this is something that is necessary. How good would it be to collect your phone from the locker at GL, take a leisurely stroll down main street, and arrive at Gotham Burgers, walk down the red carpet and collect your food?

I'm in favour.

On 26 May 2016 at 2:50 PM, Zanstabar said:

Superman Escape had almost no queue for about 45 minutes to an hour this morning, which lead to some great rides, especially with a surprise spotting of @Slick. Green Lantern was working nicely, although without any on-board soundtrack.

You sure it was me @Zanstabar? I've seen a guy around there who's hair looks similar but his name badge has two "n's" on the end not one. (I'm a Ben not Benn.) ;)

Would love to see Green Lantern's audio working more consistently. I'd be honestly interested to learn why it's hit and miss actually, no doubt it's not an easy fix half way through the day if things go awry, in any case, the soundtrack definitely adds to the experience for sure.

5 minutes ago, Slick said:

You sure it was me @Zanstabar? I've seen a guy around there who's hair looks similar but his name badge has two "n's" on the end not one. (I'm a Ben not Benn.) ;)

Wait, what? So was that really you I said hi to on the night of Samantha Jade? Because I remember seeing that Benn guy floating around that evening as well (which made me wonder about the double 'n' haha) and yeah he did look just like you ?

Hopefully it was you and not the imposter Slick. Otherwise I might have just made a complete fool out of myself to a complete stranger ???

6 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Wait, what? So was that really you I said hi to on the night of Samantha Jade? Because I remember seeing that Benn guy floating around that evening as well (which made me wonder about the double 'n' haha) and yeah he did look just like you ?

Hopefully it was you and not the imposter Slick. Otherwise I might have just made a complete fool out of myself to a complete stranger ???

I think you're safe @Theme Park Girl - just having a laugh. :)