2016 for Movie World

Your GST free analogy (on fresh food for example) is flawed, as providing the merchant service is in itself a taxable supply, so they can charge you GST on the surcharge, but a reading of the GSTR I referred to above suggested the GST should be included in the quoted surcharge price \ percentage - ie: it should be 1.6% inclusive, not 1.6% PLUS tax.

I have no problems with merchants charging surcharges for accepting premium (credit) cards over debit cards as it obviously costs more to accept that card, and if they didn't charge a surcharge, they would have to cover the costs through other means - which would generally include increasing th eprice of products to all patrons - including those not paying on credit. I don't want to subsidise somebody else's choice thankyou... and if i choose to use a credit card, then i'm happy to pay the surcharge (as a matter of fact i'll do a quick calculation to determine how much extra it will cost me to use AMEX over VISA, as I earn more FF points with Amex.)

This is not about MW but the whole EFTPOS system nationally. It really pisses me off that you are now getting charged a CC surcharge to use pay pass on a debit card as its processed as a credit transaction. 

The whole purpose of PP is to speed up the transaction which saves the merchant money(time). So now I'm expected to pay them a few to save them money. 

The whole logic/system is flawed. The government needs to outlaw CC transaction fees if the push is for society to go cashless IMO. 

But is it a separate charge or a charge on buying an apple itself?  (GST is just much easier if it applies to everything IMO.)

No more expensive than cash really.  You have to count it, mistakes can be made with cash.  Their merchant fees should be less than 1% or are about to be.  It would be more justified to charge me for how long I take to order-it will stop the people standing at the counter for two minutes trying to make up their mind.  Plus it isn't charged when you say you're going to use debit and then accidentally hit credit, so the system is just a waste of time.  Same applies to any other business really.

So stopped in at MW again today on the way to DW, hoping to get a photo of a plaque from the park's opening day to post on my page for Friday (their 25th birthday). Turns out they don't have one, which is disappointing -_-

Anyway guest services did mention that there was something bugs bunny related in the kids area where Taz Bumper Cars used to be, so went up to have a look - turned out to be those character statues, not really what I was after. But anyway, something I did notice is that the controversial prayer room/area is gone? And it doesn't seem to have been relocated anywhere that we have been able to see, either :blink:

I think Movie World might have finally caved to all the complaints and protests they were getting about it. Which seems a bit of a shame to me that they let the bullies win, but I guess they have to try and keep everyone happy in the end (if that's even possible)? :mellow: 

1 hour ago, Original said:

You should some photos of the shop windows with business names since all those name have something to do with the people who built the park like Menzies & C.V Wood. 

On 14/06/2015 at 8:30 PM, Wyncenuros said:

If anyone wants to see what else they can find out about who they are, the names as they appear on the windows in Main Street:

S Ross publisher

menzies & Menzies contractors

barry Meyer talent agent

alan horn importers 

kevin tsujihara productions

dan romanelli agency

s reisenbach business manager 

graham mchugh

Wilburn mason literary agent

mr r Kirkby and me j kirby

nicholas winslow

steve peet cruise lines

n and j Griffith bail bonds

leslie arnett

m take publisher

john moore

r and g Burke talent agency

steven Courtney mechanical engineer

pearsons and Stevenson design

spedding precious metals

sanderson and Simmons builders of fine buildings

peter doggett shipping lines

wayne Edgar clock maker

wendys world importer of fun and happiness

dale magician

mark german

dorothy Barkley dance studio

geoffrey child

flanagan and sons importers

anthony frampton art dealer

anthony read taxidermist

k spiller pumps

thompson and morasaki partners

dianes photographic supplies

grahame o'connell stunt co

e wards farm equipment

jeff Hughes years of service 1974-2015 purveyor of everything

There is also a small plaque next to the bicycle near the Bonnie and Clyde bank...  Pretty sure that is for C Wood though...

Edited by Wyncenuros

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I thought the fountain of stars had a plaque or something?

So did I, but all it turned out to be was a plaque explaining the stars around the fountain ?

2 hours ago, Original said:

You should some photos of the shop windows with business names since all those name have something to do with the people who built the park like Menzies & C.V Wood. 

Great idea, thanks Original. Might have to run with that if all else fails ?

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

So did I, but all it turned out to be was a plaque explaining the stars around the fountain ?

Great idea, thanks Original. Might have to run with that if all else fails ?

It would be great if you did the history of the parks.  I eat that stuff up.  A photo of the Hollywood Cottage @ DW would be cool.

Perhaps 2016 is finally the year Movie World update the Food section of their website???

Dirty Harry Bar

Feel lucky? Go ahead, make your day! Grab a drink, sit back and watch the movie that made Clint Eastwood famous in this homely San Francisco style bar. If you have a big appetite order Dirty Harry’s very own Nachos from the Bar or you can choose from The Make My Day, Magnum, Fully Loaded Nachos or Chicken Quesadilla.

Outback BBQ

For some extra sizzle head West where seasonally you will find fresh BBQ’d gourmet continental sausages!

Santa Fe Sundaes

Chill out west and choose from a yummy seasonal range of flavoured scoop ice cream or cool down with Fruit Freeze Slushies and soft drinks.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Has anybody flown interstate for a weekend to experience Fright Nights? Would you say it's worth it? And is one night enough?

I'm seriously considering to make a trip up to the GC this year just for fright nights. I've never been to one, and from past years photos and reviews, it seems to be a really great event.

I know the dates aren't set yet, but can anybody recall the dates it occurred last year?

In previous years, it's been every Friday and Saturday in October.

I can't speak too much about travelling interstate, but I've always enjoyed my time going to these events over the years. I would say to go for it, but I don't know your personal situation or how much this event means to you, so take that with a grain of salt.

B2G1F - VIP - Paradise Country

Now 4 Park Pass

The new VIP Magic Pass is here and now has unlimited entry to 4 parks including Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast and Paradise Country 'til 30 June 2017. 

Plus as a special renewal offer for a strictly limited time, you can Buy 2 & Get 1 FREE at the front gates only! 

Be quick, this offer ends 30 June 2016.

So got this email today.  Of interest is the buy 2 get 1 free if purchased at the front gates.  Finally a deal that works for those of us with a single child.