2016 for Movie World

Went on GL today and ride audio was working. I've been on it a few times in the past when it's working and definitely adds to the ride experience.

Also, AA broke down at about 2 and people had to leave the queue, I think it was an issue with the rides harnesses as I heard someone say who'd just been on the ride before it broke that their harness got stuck.

Queues were pretty short when I was there, despite the park seeming to be quite busy. And I haven't seen these two for a long time, but Willy Wonka and Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) roaming around the park.

42 minutes ago, themagician said:

And I haven't seen these two for a long time, but Willy Wonka and Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) roaming around the park.

Dorothy is there daily but only comes out once. Every now and then she also sings Somewhere Over The Rainbow under the big screen(doesn't happen every day) and Willy Wonka only come out if one of 2 certain cast members are there as the Joker/Austin Powers that day.

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Also, AA broke down at about 2 and people had to leave the queue, I think it was an issue with the rides harnesses as I heard someone say who'd just been on the ride before it broke that their harness got stuck.

Interesting. SE broke down twice on Monday due to the same issue. I was at the ride exit trying to get a shot of the empty train, had to wait ages for the doors to open once it had pulled in. When they eventually did, the attendants were releasing the harnesses from its passengers manually, one row at a time. 

Ride closed for about half an hour following that ?

I suppose at the end of the day though, it's better a ride be overzealous with its safety measures than the alternative ??

2 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Dorothy is there daily but only comes out once. Every now and then she also sings Somewhere Over The Rainbow under the big screen(doesn't happen every day) and Willy Wonka only come out if one of 2 certain cast members are there as the Joker/Austin Powers that day.

Thanks for that @JaggedJanine. I have to admit I've not seen either on the park! Not once. And as you guys probably knowz I go to MW quite a bit lol. I only know they exist via the photos of others. 

I guess I just just have bad timing ?? 

They will be making a series of different/exciting announcement over the coming months

Holy crap, that's sooner than expected.

Ok, so we've got $100,000,000 in additions/renewals featuring DC Comics, which will be coming within the coming months. Would I be correct in assuming that these additions would be the coaster, lakeside precinct, and the hotel? Or has MW got something else hidden up their sleeves?

Whoa Whoa Whoa - let's not get carried away - theres a big difference between HUNDREDS of MILLIONS and just ONE HUNDRED MILLION.

Consider the cost of some of our biggest rides are ~$20M and realise that - if a new park is on the cards, its going to be a really shitty one.

Also consider that $100M spread across several properties - WnW, MW, SW, also possibly AOS, PC - if you gave them each $20M - the money would be gone, and each would equal one REALLY great attraction in each.

I know that isn't likely - AOS and PC probably wouldn't share as equally as the other three, but for an example, you can see the money isn't stretching that far...

16 hours ago, AlexB said:

Whoa Whoa Whoa - let's not get carried away - theres a big difference between HUNDREDS of MILLIONS and just ONE HUNDRED MILLION.

15 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

I think the confusion over the price tag is being caused because there is an 's' on the end of it ie. Plural, meaning more than one? 

I have to admit I assumed he meant multiple hundred millions because of that 's'. 

I realise there is a big difference between 1 hundred million and hundreds of millions. The comment as pointed out by Theme Park Girl clearly shows 100,000,000s - the 's' clearly indicates a plural (no confusion), therefore a minimum of 200 million can be assumed from the comment as it is written. Although the comment may be and is probably incorrect, the writer may have meant over 100 million not necessarily "hundreds of millions".

The bumper cars area was turned into a prayer room after the old one was demolished to make way for the Doomsday Destroyer ride. You can see a prayer mat still sitting over the bar in the bottom right of the last photo. I think they were available for the Muslims to use.

Edited by JaggedJanine

1 hour ago, razza1987 said:

Can someone please clarify for me who William Owen-Jones is? 

The local MP for the division that Movie World sits in. 

15 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

Prayer mats? 

Surprised you missed all the ongoing kerfuffle on Movie World's Facebook page over recent months. People have been kicking up a stink for a while now about the prayer 'room' being moved to the kids section of the park. Although they were already whinging about its existence before that, when it still stood in the now DC Super-Villians Unleashed area. 

Honestly I wonder if maybe they have just closed it off to avoid any further controversy. Out of sight, out of mind, iykwim. They might not have decided what to actually do with the area yet. 

1 hour ago, JaggedJanine said:

Looks like they literally haven't done anything, haven't even removed the prayer mats.

I zoomed in the picture and can't see any mats xd 

54 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

The local MP for the division that Movie World sits in. 

Surprised you missed all the ongoing kerfuffle on Movie World's Facebook page over recent months. People have been kicking up a stink for a while now about the prayer 'room' being moved to the kids section of the park. Although they were already whinging about its existence before that, when it still stood in the now DC Super-Villians Unleashed area. 

Honestly I wonder if maybe they have just closed it off to avoid any further controversy. Out of sight, out of mind, iykwim. They might not have decided what to actually do with the area yet. 

Thank you for answering both my questions. Local MP huh. Ok now that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)