2016 for Movie World

1 hour ago, JeffreyMoore said:

as i have said before hope not

the only park on the gold coast that needs a new rollercoaster is dreamworld

movie world and seaworld already have and dont need anymore rollercoasters

You can NEVER have too many rollercoasters. Have you seen how many they have in theme parks overseas? They have entire parks dedicated to rollercoasters. Many of the Six Flags parks are full of them. Not to mention that since the removal of the Thunderbolt, we still don't have a decent sized one that lasts more than a minute or two long (bar SDSC, but it's a small wild mouse and not one of full size) so the Gold Coast is really lacking compared to some of the big impressive coasters overseas. 

If this new and upcoming Movieworld Coaster is as big and 'world first' as they are claiming it to be, then this could finally be the answer we've been waiting for! 

Bring it on, I say. I'm so damned excited about this ???

Edited by Theme Park Girl

12 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

You can NEVER have too many rollercoasters. Have you seen how many they have in theme parks overseas? They have entire parks dedicated to rollercoasters. Many of the Six Flags parks are full of them. Not to mention that since the removal of the Thunderbolt, we still don't have a decent sized one that lasts more than a minute or two long (bar SDSC, but it's a small wild mouse and not one of full size) so the Gold Coast is really lacking compared to some of the big impressive coasters overseas. 

If this new and upcoming Movieworld Coaster is as big and 'world first' as they are claiming it to be, then this could finally be the answer we've been waiting for! 

Bring it on, I say. I'm so damned excited about this ???

the park already has rollercoasters i think the money a world first rollercoaster is going to cost

would be much better spent on a world class looney tunes river ride replacement

that the whole family can enjoy not just thrill seekers?

once again just my opinion and i know no ones going to agree just like every time push button has expressed an opinion on this

^Push would agree.

Depending on its soft mode, Doomsday Destroyer, is probably something I wouldn't go on as I suffer from motion sickness.  I've done Tailspin and Pandamonium(soft style) and survived okay.

The big coaster, I would definitely go on, but a lot of people I know struggle with anything worse than SDSC.  Last time I was at MW two of us went on the coasters all afternoon and the other two checked out the characters and the parade.  

I think there's always room for more dark rides, flume rides or good stunt shows.  I like the ratio that Disney and Universal have of dark rides.  We should definitely be concentrating on getting more family rides into the parks as there's still a deficit of things that families can do together.   

A good way to see where the park is heading as of attractions is looking at the last 5 or so years. In most parks there is normally a pattern. Here's Movieworld last 5 years..

2011 - Green Lantern

2012 - Lethal Weapon retheme to Arkham Asylum, Ice Age Dawn of Dinosaurs 4D, Justice League

2013 - Originally had plans to open Mini Cars but was rescheduled. Nothing major happened in 2013.

2014 - Mini Cars opened, Stunt Driver became Stunt a Driver 2, Ice Age Dawn of Dinosaurs replaced with Rio: The 4D Experience.

2015 - Rio: The 4D Experience replaced with Looney Toons 4D

Based off these last 5 years, here is what I'm predicting for the next 5.

2016 - DC Villains Area + Doomsday Destroyer

2017 - New Roller Coaster / New 4D show

2018 - New Family Ride / New Stunt Show

2019 - General Park Improvements or New Kids Ride / Area

2020 - New Flat Ride? New Dark Ride?

Anyway that is just my thoughts on what might happen :) 

Building a coaster doesn't exclude people who don't want to ride it, all the other attractions are still there.

You can build as many indoor family attractions as you like, but nothing will bring in the crowds like a massive roller coaster.

People who want to ride it will drag along their family and friends for a day at the park, and these people will still go even if they don't particularly want to ride the thrill rides. The people who do ride it will go back to school and work and tell all of their acquaintances about it, and those who want to ride it will drag their friends and family to the park.

I don't understand how people can actually be against more coasters, they're undoubtedly the biggest players in the theme park industry, they advertise themselves rather than the parks having to talk them up and advertise them.

Maybe I should start complaining every time the parks announce a kiddie ride because I want more money spent on coasters.

I don't know how many times i've said the same thing @AllegroCrab!

The parks do need a balance, and right now i'd say the parks are slightly heavily tilted towards coasters (but for obvious reasons). The argument that they don't need more right now is kind of true "by the numbers", but at the same time, for the reasons you've said - when you want to drive attendance, its the only thing to do.

Having said that though, and given the cycle, just as @xRazzBerryx pointed out above - its been 5 years (and will be 6) since MW did a new coaster. In that time they built a family attraction, revamped a coaster, revamped a family attraction, built a new kids ride, revamped a family attraction and a stunt show. So as pointed out, they're well due for one.

I normally don't care if a park is heavy towards roller coasters @AlexB except if after just getting to ride 1 or 2 coasters my wife and kids have already finished all the rides they can ride. MW kid’s area is in need of a major upgrade.  If MW is spending as much as we are lead to believe then MW shouldn’t put it all into 1 age group.

From that perspective, I totally agree with you, but the arguments for more coasters, and the fact that 'they're due' also stand true.

TBH I'd like to see them put a western themed tea cups or something similar up near WWF - sort of a second kids area if you will... it wouldn't be hard, wouldn't cost much, would spread out the areas the kids could ride in and would fill the gap you refer to. They could similarly do something like that either in the Arkham or Superman courtyards.. other than that they are running out of 'big space' for kids rides within WB Kids. I don't see them using the other end of LTRR building anytime soon, given the amount of use it gets for storage and maintenance. We all love the parades, big christmas, halloween and carnivale props and overlays, but all that stuff has to sit somewhere....

It'd be nice if they constructed a storage space somewhere else on property - lord knows they have the land to do it - but its clearly not something we would all be happy with as it would spend money that could be spent on another ride... and it would therefore be lame.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Having said that though, and given the cycle, just as @xRazzBerryx pointed out above - its been 5 years (and will be 6) since MW did a new coaster. In that time they built a family attraction, revamped a coaster, revamped a family attraction, built a new kids ride, revamped a family attraction and a stunt show. So as pointed out, they're well due for one.

Totally agree they are due for a coaster. It seems MW plan on adding a coaster every 6 years. 

2005 - SE

2011 - GL

2017 - ?

I also totally agree with @skeetafly that the kids area needs an upgrade & I do think it is on its way, however I don't think this will happen until 2018/2019 due to the fact they have just added Mini Cars. 

12 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I also totally agree with @skeetafly that the kids area needs an upgrade & I do think it is on its way, however I don't think this will happen until 2018/2019 due to the fact they have just added Mini Cars. 

It is never an added attraction if it replaces a attraction. 

56 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

It is never an added attraction if it replaces a attraction. 

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. All parks will at some stage reach 'critical mass' and be unable to keep 'adding' without removing something 'previously loved' - purely on space, but also on maintenance costs - especially as the older ones become more expensive to keep going.

Again, whilst I appreciate your choice of words - for me - "replacement" would be where something is immediately removed in order to begin construction on the new thing. this would be the case for BATR, MMSFX show, PASS etc, but not for MMWMC.

Something WB Kids lacks - ever since the RRRC was installed is a showstage suitable for kids shows - this would solve your problem better than putting in several new rides as:

• the show would take up more of their time
  • with an appropriate stage \ venue, it would be cheaper to build (although running would obviously be labour intensive)
  • it would provide something for parents with children too young to ride many of the WB Kids rides (RRRC and cars) to do
  • it would also give a venue that they could use to do similar to dreamworld with wiggles and host special kids events - like Bananas in pyjamas etc (i know they're ABC and with DW but just an example) so they could host those kids tv dance troupes and such.

This obviously was backfilled by ShowStage hosting What's Up Rock? and other kids shows, but in my view an inappropriate venue within the park as it should have been in the kids area. Unfortunately that end of the park is pretty well landlocked, so they would have to consider constructing a new kids area, and migrating everything else to the new location, and then using the current WB Kids space for something else... Since we have DC Heroes area, and now DC Villains - my suggestion would be DC Sidekicks, featuring Robin.

Edited by AlexB

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Again, whilst I appreciate your choice of words - for me - "replacement" would be where something is immediately removed in order to begin construction on the new thing. this would be the case for BATR, MMSFX show, PASS etc, but not for MMWMC.

I had no choice of words for you because I was not talking to you.  MW has not reached critical mass.  Looney Tunes River Ride was removed and a new ride installed in the same shed. "Replacement" happened and it’s real.  If they build a new ride in the other half of the shed then that would be 1 added ride.  I’m not going to derail a whole topic to continue a discussion on the meaning of "replacement".  If you want to talk further about the meaning of  "replacement"  then bring it up in “Let’s talk shit”.

There is an age bracket that MW do not cater for.  Once you are no longer a youngling but not quite ready for tummy turning rides then what have you got to go on?

Justice League? Roxy? I've already agreed with the gap hence suggesting other "bigger but still children's" rides be installed in other areas. The park may not be critical, but they are fast running out of usable space for certain attraction types and i'm pretty sure thats been discussed, debated, and agreed to death on here previously. Children's area has just opened some space out the back with cars, yosemite, marvin area all derelict and defunct, and they could fill it, and SHOULD fill it, but given the recent cars build, it isn't 'due'.

Re: replacement - also has been discussed and debated to death. I get what you're saying. Actually - I got what you were saying. I'm not saying your choice of words is WRONG, I just don't see it that way myself. That's why I took such pains to say that I appreciated your choice of words, but disagreed. I don't propose to derail any further so won't reply in shit and just maybe leave it at that and agree to disagree on the definition.

You've gone soft since you have had a child @AlexB  (agree to disagree on the definition) Where is Push when you need him.  The new proposed lake present which I would believe to be a lake would need to be in a low point.  If this was built in the shown area then this could really open the land usage up.

gfgfgfgfgfgfgfggf.JPG

Edited by skeetafly

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

At least the options for the Hunger Buster meals are extensive. This was just Gotham City Cafe alone, pretty much everything was marked as available for HB other than the family meal...

mwburgers.jpg

Is there a full list or does anyone have photos of all meal options for the Hunger Busters deal? Considering all that is available at Gotham, as per TPG's photo, I could only assume the participating outlets will have a similar amount to offer? It is a very tempting deal and would be worth the money considering how often my family visits.