2016 for Movie World

3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Was played on the big screen at hwsd and the main screen. Can't remember if there was anything on the screens near the photo shops but I wasn't looking. @JaggedJanine @pin142 ?

Nope, I didn't pay attention to the screens at Gotham either. But it DID play on both big screens; on Main Street and HWSD along with the new advertisment for the HWSD Pit Pass.

13 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

MW has a new application in for “Eco Tents”.  We all know what this is for but my question is -  What is an Eco Tent?  How is an Eco Tent different to an ordinary tent?

From what I've seen, Eco Tents seem to be a more permanent accommodation option while also having the experience of traditional camping (i.e glamping). 

Think a demountable cabin but rather than being made of more conventional materials, it would be made out of a typical tent mesh with a steel support frame underneath. 

eco-tent-1.v1.jpg

I'm not the best at explaining things, but hopefully this makes it a bit easier to comprehend

I have overlayed a drawing onto a map and got the locations of the tunnel and where it breaks through to the current MW carpark.  The tunnel is 100m long if it stays underground while passing the substation.  At this point of the tunnel you may find your hair standing up.:D  From the new carpark exit point to the front gate at MW you are looking at a 395m walk.

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Just got this email about the new accommodation options at Paradise Country ?

Screenshot_20160715-130621.png

Reading through the info on the website I think it's a great idea and a nice little revenue kick for PC. Great to see a heap of options available, from the Eco tents, to regular tents that are erected for you, to stationary motorhomes. 

The inclusions like sunrise feeds and nightly campfires are unique experiences on the GC which I think will be received really well

Not sure if this is for 2016 MW but maybe something we could see in the future? I was reading VR & Sony have signed a co-financing deal. 

You can see their name on Sony movies such as the new Ghostbusters film. 

I know they'd still need to buy the licensing for the attractions, but with this deal do you think in the future we could see rides with a theme from Sony Pictures like Ghostbusters? 

20 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I'd say there's probably a 90% chance we'll see VR fairly soon in at least one of the parks. 

MW: Justice League

DW: Motocoaster

Think original meant VR as in VRTP

but going with your line of thinking, would the animatronic aspects and set design of JL (which is for the most part, great quality) not be completely lost if it was converted to VR? It may as well be an empty shed with a track through it.

As for MDMC - I can just imagine what you'd see in the headset, flag drops, you fly off the line, around the first bend and your bike stalls, and you have to push it into the pits. 

Edited by Brad2912

24 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

but going with your line of thinking, would the animatronic aspects and set design of JL (which is for the most part, great quality) not be completely lost if it was converted to VR? It may as well be an empty shed with a track through it.

As for MDMC - I can just imagine what you'd see in the headset, flag drops, you fly off the line, around the first bend and your bike stalls, and you have to push it into the pits. 

Yeah I kind of skimmed over it the first time. My bad. 

But yes - Motocoaster would work great with VR

JL would lose the animatronic effects they spent the money on, but the VR would be optional and could still utilise the same targets for the VR people. 

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I think Augmented Reality using something like the Microsoft HoloLens could be pretty cool on JL.

I might be in the minority but I think JL has great re-ride ability and I enjoy it. It's family friendly, great for a cool down on a hot day where most queues are exposed. The only thing it doesn't have going for it its not well signposted or located. 

1 hour ago, mba2012 said:

I think Augmented Reality using something like the Microsoft HoloLens could be pretty cool on JL.

Sorry. Not even going to pretend to know what that is.. Haha

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Sorry. Not even going to pretend to know what that is.. Haha

Doubt many people do at the moment :P Basically, it's a headset with a clear piece of glass or plastic in front of your eyes and images can be projected onto that. Using cameras and stuff it can pretty accurately place things in relation to whats around you.