2016 for Movie World

8 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I might be in the minority but I think JL has great re-ride ability and I enjoy it. It's family friendly, great for a cool down on a hot day where most queues are exposed. The only thing it doesn't have going for it its not well signposted or located. 

Sorry. Not even going to pretend to know what that is.. Haha

Yeah but that's the thing - VR would increase the desire for other people to go and seek it out. 

In all reality though, we'll be getting VR on a coaster, not JL 

I don't really like the idea of VR on JL... a bit pointless seeing they spent all the money on the animatronics and everything. Plus it would be a pain to get the guns working with the headsets. I could see it on GL or Arkham definitely. MDMC is a good option for DW, HWSW could work too (it would be interesting incorporating the loops with the racetrack reality).

Yeah both GL and AA would be really easy to add VR to. GL would be my pick as it's front of the park so you get the street-facing advertising. The layout could easily be adapted to a short and sweet VR ride. Plus, it makes sense given Green Lantern's ability to fly. 

AA on the other hand, while the layout works well with the multiple inversions and whatnot, the story doesn't lend itself well to a flying adventure. The Joker can't fly and it's not likely they'd them any VR on AA to Batman given his multiple other attractions in the park. 

VR on Superman Escape IMO wouldn't be ideal as the coaster already has enough draw on its own without needing a new gimmick. 

Loading times would just need to improve on whatever coaster they choose though. 

As for Dreamworld, MDMC would be the ideal choice in my mind. It would fix the missing theming and make the ride more thrilling. 

HWSW could also work given the different loops and turns on a Hot Wheels track, but it's already had a re-vamp and doesn't need another one yet. 

^agreed

The HWSW revamp wasn't really too marketable (sure, it was a 'new' area, but a lot of the GP saw through it), but adding VR to a MDMC train change could make it marketable as a big revamp.

In other news, I just witnessed someone on MW's facebook page call GL the Green Arrow coaster...

Edited by Santa07

Well Movie World is a bit of a shamozzle at the moment, and will be for at least a month. With Superman Escape now down for maintenance & refurb as well as WWF & the entire DD construction zone, a large portion of the park is now closed off to the public. There are green dividers everywhere. 

20160718_095833.jpg

With the entire Superman Escape area closed off now, Arkham Asylum entrance is temporarily relocated to the side of SDSC, down the second half of Chinatown Alley... 

20160718_104054.jpg

20160718_134327.jpg

For those stickybeaks wondering what is in the northern end of Chinatown Alley, currently fenced off to the public: 

20160718_134344.jpg

And yeah, overheard a fair few complaints by guests today about the two major attractions being closed. Seems a lot of them are still not getting enough prior knowledge about this, especially Wild West Falls which I think Movie World would benefit from putting more signage around. So many families were assuming that the barricades around its entrance were up because of the DC Super-Villians area work, and assuming there "must be another way around/in". 

I could have made myself rich this morning if MW had been paying me for the number of times I decided to be helpful and inform confused guests that WWF was actually down for refurb, and wouldn't be reopening until the end of next month ??

13 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Well Movie World is a bit of a shamozzle at the moment, and will be for at least a month. With Superman Escape now down for maintenance & refurb as well as WWF & the entire DD construction zone, a large portion of the park is now closed off to the public. There are green dividers everywhere. 

20160718_095833.jpg

With the entire Superman Escape area closed off now, Arkham Asylum entrance is temporarily relocated to the side of SDSC, down the second half of Chinatown Alley...

Superman Escape Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 18th July and will re-open Wednesday 14th September 2016.

*ducks*

38 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Superman Escape Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 18th July and will re-open Wednesday 14th September 2016.

*ducks*

I agree with you here but not everyone thinks to check the website before heading down...  Wonder though...  Don't they normally have the boards out saying what rides are currently not operating visible in the ticket booth windows before you pay for tickets and again before you actually enter the park?

I was thinking though. Are there a lot of guests now that don't even go to the booths with the way ticketing has changed the last few years?

Maybe the turnstiles need the signage too?

Its tough. You want the rides getting this kind of refurb love but in a small park with mostly major attractions it's hard when more than one has to go down. 

I look at it the same way I look at Sea World right now - I realise that most of SW's works aren't attractions, but they are incredibly disruptive - especially to guest flow, having to go "round the world" to get to everything.

Its a necessary evil, and I think the parks will be better for it when it is completed, but it's really showing the weaknesses in park flow and design when these attractions \ paths are closed. It shows precisely why Arkham needs chinatown alley, instead of scooby's backdoor. It shows precisely why the park needs CLEAR signage at each location (yes I know, guests won't read them and complain anyway, but still)

Given Superman's main walkway has a covering between path and track, it begs the question - couldn't they have kept the barriers open so people could access AA, except for when they actually have trackwork scheduled? If the trains are out for maintenance and they're not working on the external track, theres no need to fence it off.

And worse - if we can open chinatown alley to access AA when superman is undergoing maintenance, why can't we have that section (at least) open all the time? It's almost #SeaWorldGateGate all over again.

Ah that's good to know. 

If if they are painting superman it would be way too dangerous to have guests in the area and also impractical from an operations standpoint to change guest routes daily depending on work being carried out. 

I think it depends a lot on how the park deals with it.  I think back to my trip to Aussie World when 3 rides were closed, they did everything they could to apologise for the inconvenience.  What is being done differently at Movie World with 2 big rides down?  Are the 8 or 10 staff a day being redeployed to other attractions to keep queues down, or is there extra entertainment on?

it's a big problem, it's made harder because the park now has to avoid 4 school holiday periods, as well as three night time events.  It'll be interesting to see if Doomsday and the new coaster will change the complexion of the park when there's a ride (or two) closed, or even make the park feel confident that they can close a ride during Fright Nights without backlash.

Yes there are signs at the turnstiles saying what aractions are closed. But it seems so stupid not to have opened the Chinatown alley for access to AA. I'm imagining that the queue will be even shorter now, and if people don't see the signs to say how to get to it, people would probably assume that it was closed to, making them even more annoyed. I am surprised they've fenced off that whole path, but I suppose for when they are painting the track, it would be unsafe for people to be passing under the track.

2 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

I agree with you here but not everyone thinks to check the website before heading down...  Wonder though...  Don't they normally have the boards out saying what rides are currently not operating visible in the ticket booth windows before you pay for tickets and again before you actually enter the park?

2 hours ago, djrappa said:

Maybe the turnstiles need the signage too?

I feel like if China Alley (well what used to be, let's stop calling something that doesn't exist anymore China Alley) was open Id be coming on here and reading all about how there is the ugly unthemed corridor that you have to walk down. 

So I feel like it's a no win situation here and the park would be damned either way. 

Id kinda be sooner reading about how awesome it is that two aging attractions are getting a nice makeover and how this time in 12 months the park is going to be looking amazing. 

Half of Disneyland is closed right now, well seems like, growing pains are a thing any park is gonna have. 

7 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

And yeah, overheard a fair few complaints by guests today about the two major attractions being closed. Seems a lot of them are still not getting enough prior knowledge about this, especially Wild West Falls which I think Movie World would benefit from putting more signage around. So many families were assuming that the barricades around its entrance were up because of the DC Super-Villians area work, and assuming there "must be another way around/in". 

The website has dates of which rides are down for maintenance(which you already know), They also have the signs on the booths as well as on the front of the Turnstiles although nearly everyone doesn't see them due to majority of people that stand in front of them waiting to get scanned in.

4 hours ago, themagician said:

But it seems so stupid not to have opened the Chinatown alley for access to AA. 

They can't have people going through because as far as I know it is not a well maintained area and is used a lot for storage now.

7 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

I could have made myself rich this morning if MW had been paying me for the number of times I decided to be helpful and inform confused guests that WWF was actually down for refurb, and wouldn't be reopening until the end of next month ??

I think we need more fan Facebook pages to get the word out about all the closures.  ;)

Maybe MW should make a list of what's open, instead.

Yeah. I guess it's going to be an ongoing issue with people not bothering to read up in advance before visiting the park. I just realised I wasn't totally clear with my last post either, so I apologise. When I mentioned that MW would benefit from putting more signage around, I meant around the actual WWF entrance area. At the moment they only have the Taz "attraction is closed for refurb" sign further down, just opposite the sideshow hut closer to DD, and of course guests are assuming that it's for the DD area and not actually WWF.

So they are assuming that WWF still open, just not accessible from that particular spot.

I reckon if they maybe put up another "this attraction is closed" sign where the closed off eating area is, directly outside the WWF entrance, it would help communicate to guests that BOTH attractions are off limits and thus solve this issue.

39 minutes ago, JaggedJanine said:

They can't have people going through because as far as I know it is not a well maintained area and is used a lot for storage now.

I wouldn't say the alley is "amazing", but I'd say it will be reasonably well maintained for guests until around November or so.