2016 for Movie World

20 hours ago, MickeyD said:

- the bathrooms throughout the Park are sorely showing their age and for the most part, the same original facilities since opening day. I have faith this is a matter currently being addressed, evidently with the Wbs Kids zone the first to be brought into the 21st century.

I visited 3 separate facilities during my visit today and was quite alarmed by the amount of water  (err hopefully water??) walked across the floors. Whilst the tiles are no doubt coated with a non slip surface, the dirt stains and puddles make them appear so poorly presented/maintained. Clearly the Park amenities are not maintained to meet the numbers through the door. 

It should be noted that despite a significantly higher number in daily patronage over 25 years, the Park still exists with the same number of Bathroom facilities.

Yep, a working hand dryer is a gamble at MW. Fortunately on the VIP Tour (don't worry, I've checked the NDA) we were told they intend to fully renovate them in the near future. 

21 hours ago, MickeyD said:

...with a future plan to envelope SDSC with a path running around the back connecting the new Villains area. 

In my opinion, I don't think that will happen until they build new rides/attractions behind SDSC. Whilst it would provide a new observation area for AA, there is currently nothing else of interest behind SDSC for guests to visit. Until rides/attractions are built, it would be an empty & quiet path.

I found LW's Chinatown alley to be an empty/quiet path too - if you were not interested in riding/observing the roller coaster or even visiting LW's shop, you were unlikely to walk down that alley particularly with it's long length - you can't even see the queue entrance from the Chinatown entrance. That's why they probably relocated the entrance to near SE as it is visible from the park entrance, you can see the queue entrance immediately, it's in a very open space & a very interesting site to wander around with so many thrill rides/rollercoasters operating.

0626-1_Lethal-Weapon-C_DSCF3330.JPG

^Whilst the theming is great, in my opinion, it isn't an exciting place to walk down

Anyway, it is sad to see the Chinatown entrance finally go but better now than never. This is just an idea of mine - not speculation - but I think it would be good if they blocked off the Chinatown alley at it's northern end with the former Chinatown entrance being converted to a Main Street theme (maybe a shop or roaming character photo opportunity site?). The southern end of the Chinatown alley is re-themed to Park Row/Crime Alley while the northern end is connected through to Gotham City Cafe, which has it's Gotham City Hall facade pushed back against the SE sound stages and the entire site renovated so it also acts as a 2nd (or maybe even the) major entrance to AA. This makes the entire area from Gotham City Cafe to AA entirely Batman-themed.

I don't know well the storyline of AA so can't say for sure if the storyline can be implemented down the alley through to Gotham City Cafe but even if it doesn't follow the storyline, my idea would allow for consistent Batman theming at a minimum.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
Added paragraph.

42 minutes ago, mickayel said:

@Theme Park Girl thanks for the pics! I haven't been there in a little while and can't really tell from the images because I'm on my phone, but what are some of the new theming upgrades they've introduced? 

The TVs above loading, the chemical tubes running across the roof

On 08/08/2016 at 10:56 AM, reanimated35 said:

Sitting at work having breakfast and had a thought. 

Wouldn't it be nice if MW and SW during all the renovations offered a nice Reuben sandwich? They've been focusing a lot of food and it seems to be a pretty popular thing at the moment. 

reuben-sandwich.png

I'm just going to leave this here. 

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

The old LW Chinatown entry is completely gone now, other than the stone lions. They are already erecting walls inside the area.

Are they definitely new walls or is it just the remaining façades without the Chinatown theming? I'm assuming the new walls you are referring to are the yellow walls. The colour just looks the same that is all. Some parts of the façades are definitely gone though.

Now that you mention it, I was just looking at an old photo of it and it may just be the stripped back old facades.

images(90).jpg

20160916_094054.jpg

It's hard to tell though with the side one, so many trees were in the way back then ?

There also a blue shipping container hiding behind the side one, that can be seen from the back of the Bakery. Once again, no idea if that was there before. 

20160916_111128.jpg

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I'd just like to say from my trip to the park this morning, the staff were very efficient with the loading and off loading of GL and SE. They were very quick, didn't mess around, and didn't have trains waiting in the station too long before they unloaded/loaded it again.

I wish I could say that's not surprising

1 hour ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

that actually looks pretty good, I'm taking a guess this a response to people suggesting a quiet room for children to be built in the park? 

By the looks of things it will be a parents room for changing/feeding babies/toddlers.

Given the current lack/limitations of such facilities it's a great addition 

2 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

By the looks of things it will be a parents room for changing/feeding babies/toddlers.

Given the current lack/limitations of such facilities it's a great addition 

I believe it's also a quite area for autistic children.

Edited by YLFATEEKS