2016 for Movie World

So my son & I had our first 'proper' theme park trip post DW accident today (partner was a bit iffy with my son going on rides after what happened - so we'd done 2 PC trips). 

Couple of observations from the day..

*amentities are much improved across the park

*wasnt as busy as I expected given schoolies is on

*the parade has changed the music around - and it sucks. No music on the entry lap, basically just 'elevator music', then on the way back one song, and then a return to the same elevator music. It's been 6 weeks since the last visit, but no idea why this was changed, it really kills the atmosphere 

*JL effects were all working for the first time I can remember in a year, including the Starro projection on the mist curtain. The door even opened at the correct timing with the Green Lantern projection, BUT, we got half way through the doorway when it appeared we e-stopped. Just sat there for a good 2 mins, with the door continually trying to close every 10 seconds and hitting the side of the car... eventually we moved through, guns no longer working and no screens functional except the final one. 

* didn't check the maintenance page, but it seemed strange to have basically all the moderate thrill rides down at the same time (SDSC, Batwing & Doomsday)

I can imagine with doomsday being such a new ride, you probably have to shut down and check a bunch of things once it has been run for a bit. I can imagine they would have liked to get this over and done with for the school holiday period which is about to start, so it could explain why it is closed. Might not have been able to leave it any later.

Pretty sure scooby doo and batwing both had planned annual maintenance according to the website. It might be weird, but I guess you only have so many days in a year to plan things, so it means you are still working right up until the holiday period.

22 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Yeah mate there's marine carpet, which is designed for outdoor use.

Remember on the old body slides at SW where the ramps had carpet all the way up?

Or minigolf courses?

Or on boat decks?

Well there you go, you learn something new every day. 

Always considered minigolf grass to be a form of astro turf. 

Didn't know about the stuff on boats being considered carpet.

*facepalm*

Also worth noting Hunger Buster has been refreshed/thirst quencher introduced.

Thirst Quencher is unlimited soft drink refills (one sipper included) across the 3 parks $24.99 (14 days) $39.99 (June 30)

Hunger Buster is $54.99 (14 days) $99.99 (June 30)

Combo (Both) is $69.99 14 days $124.99 (June 30)

Blackout dates of Dec 26 - Jan 15

We're now discussing carpets... right...

Jokes aside, I thought it would be good to look back at older maps of Movie World. The one I've found is from 2010, so just before Green Lantern... Compare and post changes you see that we may not have already noticed, if there are any.

MovieWorlda.JPG

I know there will only be minimal changes so it probably won't bring up anything new... but if you notice anything post it.

Edited by Intimidator305.

So according to the website DD was supposed to be out of maintenance yesterday...  Still down today...  Wires for what I am guessing are more cameras on the end spikes exposed and 2 maintenance guys working on it...  Still not finished at the end of the day :(

Also a little annoying was the fact the staff member at the DD entrance kept walking over and scanning bracelets for random guests (quite frequently) to use the Villains area...  I mean sure some of us paid $15 to be able to do that but sure...  Give it away free to others...

Oh and given JL3D just came out of maintenance...  Cyborg animatronic has a nasty Glasgow smile happening...

Otherwise a pretty good and rather quiet day...

Arrived at 11am...

GL was literally walk on...

JL3D no more than 5 min wait...

Superman 10 mins...

Arkham 15 mins...

WWF 5 mins...

Little Mr 4yo was on carousel twice, Tweety cages twice, Yosemite Train twice, Junior Driving School 4 times, Sylvester Pounce and Bounce 6 times...

Wandered around a fair bit getting pics of the buildings and fixtures in Main Street to recreate in PC :P

Left at 5pm...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Did anyone notice this?

ArkhamAsylumDA.jpg

VR-related perhaps given it's under maintenance (even if it's just a 'software upgrade')? If it is, maybe they found a solution to the efficiency problems? Though, for some reason, I feel it is unlikely - though I do hope it is a solution to the decreased efficiency.

Given where they're working, I'd guess maybe a new queue since the current exit area is more themed than the entry. 

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Given where they're working, I'd guess maybe a new queue since the current exit area is more themed than the entry. 

Ah, yes! I forgot about that - that seems more likely. I hope that is the case - but is the old Lethal Weapon cinema still inside the show building? If it is, I wonder if they would incorporate it into the theming or remove it & add a whole new themed queue or pre-show room?