Movie World Fright Nights 2016

7 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

While the sleep out is unlikely, do you think they might do some sort of cross-promotion or accommodation deal with Paradise Country and Fright Nights? It could make for a relatively easy tie-in...

The idea works in theory. The cost however could be another thing. Do they pay actors to work the whole night and keep everyone up? 

11 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

The idea works in theory. The cost however could be another thing. Do they pay actors to work the whole night and keep everyone up? 

The campout/sleepout was the idea of scare actors being out all night, scaring guests in and around a campsite (whether at Paradise Country or not). That would be a logistical nightmare in my opinion. People do have to sleep at some point, plus it would be a pain to get staff to work the graveyard shift...

What I meant was the idea of seeing a package deal between Paradise Country and Fright Nights. Bundling accommodation and event tickets before marketing it off as something Fright Nights related (in most cases it would probably be Friday the 13th). 

Edited by Zanstabar

17 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Were they even in costume? 

18 hours ago, AlexB said:

Wasn't Zombie motor cross just Showtime in costume?

I was just trying to find my photos of it, but alas, it was pouring down rain the night I went and I must not have taken any.

It had the 'regular' moto-cross show, but it had a different program with cheerleaders and a TV segment up on the screen of a zombie outbreak. Then the cheerleaders transitioned (tore off parts of their costumes/makeup) into zombies and the show was bloody awesome and totally unexpected. I remember the cheerleaders hacking off limbs while the motorcycles did their stunts and stuff and just being blown away by the attention to detail with make up, acting, gore and scare level. It rates as the best thing I have seen at Fright Nights by far (better than the UTT behind the scenes, but not by much....)

It was a few years ago though, I think 2010? I'd love for something like that to come back. It was good too, as all patrons could go and see the show, feeling like they had their money worth of show time, unlike spending hours in the queues for the mazes.

More speculation here, I watched an Aussie horror the other night called Scare Campaign. Had a few 'big' Aussie stars in it. I could easily see it being translated into a maze as the storyline is quite straightforward. I didn't have a proper look into any VR links, so if anyone gets a chance see if there is any potential. 

2 minutes ago, mickayel said:

More speculation here, I watched an Aussie horror the other night called Scare Campaign. Had a few 'big' Aussie stars in it. I could easily see it being translated into a maze as the storyline is quite straightforward. I didn't have a proper look into any VR links, so if anyone gets a chance see if there is any potential. 

'Big' Aussie stars? The only 'name' person in the movie is Sigrid Thornton and referring to her as a star is like saying MDMC is a world class coaster. 

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Funny, Lights Out has the highest rotten tomatoes score of any horror movie in many years (I haven't seen in - though I saw the original short movie that inspired it and that was great)

Lights out wasn't TERRIBLE, the story was very boring and typical, don't get me wrong, the concept is great but it was used in some really stale ways. I work at a cinema and get free tickets so movies so the only reason I really decided to see it was because I didn't have much else to at the time (and I was hoping, that since I'm into horror, I might have actually enjoyed it). I didn't like the Conjuring either, so much so that I haven't seen the sequel yet, I'm more into slashers mostly but there are definitely some gems that manage to shine far over the slashers like (IMO) Insidious, Sinister, The Gallows, Unfriended, (some of) the Paranormal Activity Series. What do you guys think of a Don't Breathe maze though?

The website is live: https://frightnights.com.au

We obviously know lasts years new mazes are returning.

The Gotham Hall precinct is returning, with 3 new precincts.

The dates for this year are: October 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 and 29.

The Horror Film Festival is returning.

The rides that will be open are: SE, AA, SDSC, Batwing and DD (So I'm assuming the new are will be open before or on October 1st).

Edited by themagician

Just gonna leave a few things here. Make of any or all of this what you will.

1, 29, 15, 7, 22, 14, 28, 8, 21

3.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong, can you tell which one is not like the other?

tooobvious.jpg

And I've just noticed some asshole stole my thunder now and I was going to make it a game for you all. 

Anyway, Tour is $139

Fast tracks are $45 per maze or $100 unlimited, ride fast pass is $45.

And the 31st might be added as a day too. (Monday) 

Edited by reanimated35

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

I am surprised they've already released some info about FN already, usually we don't really hear anything until late August.

It's definitely become more popular over the years, there is more demand for the event, which is GREAT for guys like us. :))

Btw guys, idk what the hell this means (probably nothing), but try clicking "Book now" on the terror tour link.