Movie World Fright Nights 2016

1 hour ago, danny8668 said:

Who is going to frightnight the final party on october 31st. The night should be cool especially for the ones who loves cosplay. Movieworld is letting people cosplay to the theme day of the dead. Also you get food and drink with it

WBS1_FinalParty.jpg

I'd absolutely love to go... if I can afford it ? Hopefully it won't sell out in the meanwhile whilst I'm trying to secure a new job ?

I wasn't going to write up a review on the first night of Fright Nights but meh why not. I have very mixed emotions of what I have experienced so far. I think this can be because of the different locations of the mazes and having to work around the new adjustments, the typical first night problems. I am just going to move onto the mazes, precincts and other miscellaneous events through the night. 

Conjuring 2: This was the first maze of the night and wasn't too impressed at all in the first run of the night. It felt very low in budget when looking back to mazes such as Evil Dead/Within. The scares where 'meh' and it just didn't seem to live up to it's hype. We went back at the end of the night and went through again by ourselves and was genuinely terrifying. Not being in one large clogged up line gave us the chance to take in everything, the scares, theming etc. The effects in this maze was amazing for example the roof scare, moving props like the dishes and swing set, as well as the final scare from Janet where she leaps out from the corner making it seem as if she is flying. Best maze of the night. Side note, the line up was utilized efficiently and actually had some theming to keep the anticipation flowing. Very eerie inside the show stage. 

From Dusk till dawn: I was very intrigued about how this maze would go as I don't watch the show but i have a vague understanding of it. I thoroughly enjoyed this maze but only because it was more fun- not horrific. The set was awesome and the effects were alright. It got very tight in the hallways which would have been a perfect spot to place a scare actor to run through... The scares were very average and was seriously lacking in scare actors. But I have high hopes this friday for when i do the UTT that thise will be fixed. I HAVE HOPE! I also liked the location of the new sheds being on that orange sandy area. Along with the fire tower it set the scene pretty well. 

Wyrmwood: To me this maze was probably better than last year but just not very memorable. Looking back I actually cannot recall much inside the maze. Some bush, zombies and a yellow suited guy dancing. By far my least favourite maze from the night. For some odd reason it had the longest line when we lined up. 

Friday the 13th: Same thing happened in this maze as Conjuring 2. We had a pretty poor experience the first time through at the beggining of the night. Alot of scares were actually skipped when I went passed the actor. However at the end of the night our group of 4 had Jason chasing us all the way through the dirt tunnel and into the next scene. I prefer this years maze than last years. It felt more small and compact having scares after scares. You could tell some effects just weren't complete for example the light up picture of Jason in one of the hallways didn't work. Just typical first night problems. 

Apparations Precinct:  We only entered the alley once and it was just my group of 4 and we screamed the whole time. Although it was extremely small it was effective and a good way to get to the courtyard and mazes etc. I can see this precinct being extended into the courtyard with less smoke but just some set and actors- yes i know the Panic Rooms are in there but just an opinion. 

The other precincts i have yet to explore when i attend the UTT on Friday. It was a very rushed night. Cannot wait for the 7th! 

Edited by maxito

19 hours ago, maxito said:

I wasn't going to write up a review on the first night of Fright Nights but meh why not. I have very mixed emotions of what I have experienced so far. I think this can be because of the different locations of the mazes and having to work around the new adjustments, the typical first night problems. I am just going to move onto the mazes, precincts and other miscellaneous events through the night. 

Conjuring 2: This was the first maze of the night and wasn't too impressed at all in the first run of the night. It felt very low in budget when looking back to mazes such as Evil Dead/Within. The scares where 'meh' and it just didn't seem to live up to it's hype. We went back at the end of the night and went through again by ourselves and was genuinely terrifying. Not being in one large clogged up line gave us the chance to take in everything, the scares, theming etc. The effects in this maze was amazing for example the roof scare, moving props like the dishes and swing set, as well as the final scare from Janet where she leaps out from the corner making it seem as if she is flying. Best maze of the night. Side note, the line up was utilized efficiently and actually had some theming to keep the anticipation flowing. Very eerie inside the show stage. 

From Dusk till dawn: I was very intrigued about how this maze would go as I don't watch the show but i have a vague understanding of it. I thoroughly enjoyed this maze but only because it was more fun- not horrific. The set was awesome and the effects were alright. It got very tight in the hallways which would have been a perfect spot to place a scare actor to run through... The scares were very average and was seriously lacking in scare actors. But I have high hopes this friday for when i do the UTT that thise will be fixed. I HAVE HOPE! I also liked the location of the new sheds being on that orange sandy area. Along with the fire tower it set the scene pretty well. 

Wyrmwood: To me this maze was probably better than last year but just not very memorable. Looking back I actually cannot recall much inside the maze. Some bush, zombies and a yellow suited guy dancing. By far my least favourite maze from the night. For some odd reason it had the longest line when we lined up. 

Friday the 13th: Same thing happened in this maze as Conjuring 2. We had a pretty poor experience the first time through at the beggining of the night. Alot of scares were actually skipped when I went passed the actor. However at the end of the night our group of 4 had Jason chasing us all the way through the dirt tunnel and into the next scene. I prefer this years maze than last years. It felt more small and compact having scares after scares. You could tell some effects just weren't complete for example the light up picture of Jason in one of the hallways didn't work. Just typical first night problems. 

Apparations Precinct:  We only entered the alley once and it was just my group of 4 and we screamed the whole time. Although it was extremely small it was effective and a good way to get to the courtyard and mazes etc. I can see this precinct being extended into the courtyard with less smoke but just some set and actors- yes i know the Panic Rooms are in there but just an opinion. 

The other precincts i have yet to explore when i attend the UTT on Friday. It was a very rushed night. Cannot wait for the 7th! 

You'd think they would have Ed and Lorraine in the maze. Kinda missed an opportunity there. Lorraine's vision of Eds death would of been a great scare as well as the basement scene in the Amityville House. From what I've seen in the Nova video, it looks like Valak just hides behind curtains. Does the maze only take place in the house at Enfield or does it also take place in Amityville and the Warren house?

2 hours ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

You'd think they would have Ed and Lorraine in the maze. Kinda missed an opportunity there. Lorraine's vision of Eds death would of been a great scare as well as the basement scene in the Amityville House. From what I've seen in the Nova video, it looks like Valak just hides behind curtains. Does the maze only take place in the house at Enfield or does it also take place in Amityville and the Warren house?

But really why would you have Ed and Lorraine?  What scares could they be used for?  I was hoping for a recreation of the painting "coming to life" from her vision.  I guess that and Eds death vision would be hard to do and reset as groups are almost constantly coming through...

14 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

But really why would you have Ed and Lorraine?  What scares could they be used for?  I was hoping for a recreation of the painting "coming to life" from her vision.  I guess that and Eds death vision would be hard to do and reset as groups are almost constantly coming through...

In past Fright Nights Mazes - the ' murders' always take place before   the guests walk through the scene. For Example : Cops death/ Rutger and Katrina death in Wolf Creek 2. In both years, they never showed Mick in any of the scenes until we got to his lair. The officer was already burnt when we walked past the car and Rutger ran out stumbling from behind fake shrubbery with a prop knife in his chest to indicate Mick had just killed him. The point is there are ways around it. Ed could already have kicked the bucket when guests walk past ( using a prop ) or they could do it via prosthetics and latex.

On 03/10/2016 at 3:38 PM, MaxxTheMonster said:

Anyone that recorded the opening and closing...  Chucking together music from the night...

I know that in the opening there was:

The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

The riff for Thunderstruck - ACDC

At the closing there was:

Selfie - The Chainsmokers

I think there was a bit of Freaks - Timmy Trumpet

Can anyone help with video or song titles for others that were used?

Thanks everyone for the vids...  Between them, youtube, randomly listening to my music and video a friend took been able to get the list:

Rise of the Dead 2:

Gimme Shelter - Stone Sour

Battle Sirens - Knife Party & Tom Morello (Guitarist playing over other songs and at end)

Turn Down For What - DJ Snake (cannot find actual mix version)

The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

Selfie - The Chainsmokers

On 03/10/2016 at 3:38 PM, MaxxTheMonster said:
17 minutes ago, maxito said:

What exactly is this set being used for in this precinct. Is it a photo op to go inside or is it utilised for a sort of scene with actors? Or both.  I didn't get a chance to explore the precinct. Cheers.

There is a girl in there who looks like she has been attacked presumably by Michael Myers...  There is blood smeared on the back wall which looks like it is covered by a sheet now the front is open...

People were getting photos in there with her on Saturday night...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

2 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

There is a girl in there who looks like she has been attacked presumably by Mike Myers...  There is blood smeared on the back wall which looks like it is covered by a sheet now the front is open...

People were getting photos in there with her on Saturday night...

Thank you!