Movie World Fright Nights 2016

57 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I remember that one always being kind of empty. Didn't like it that much

Yeah, there wasn't much to the concept, but I think the repetitiveness of the fencing and the fog made for an awesome eerey atmosphere, and the feeling of impending doom as such. The openness of the maze without fixed walls also made the screams from other groups ahead and behind more audible and they filled the studio. Very simple concept, but worked well, IMO.. 

here is what I want to see for this year,

Resident Evil

Silent Hill

Texas Chainsaw 

Halloween,

maybe for one precincts this year it could be called be called The Flim Vault and have some of the characters like Freddy or Michael Myers roving in the area, just my thoughts 

also, having a Nightmare On Elm Street maze would be good as well, I'm fully aware they did this franchise already back in 2010, but this one can be themed to 1984's Nightmare On Elm Street

29 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Yeah, there wasn't much to the concept, but I think the repetitiveness of the fencing and the fog made for an awesome eerey atmosphere, and the feeling of impending doom as such. The openness of the maze without fixed walls also made the screams from other groups ahead and behind more audible and they filled the studio. Very simple concept, but worked well, IMO.. 

Yeah but at the same time, the suspense of there being something "just around the corner" gets boring fairly quickly. 

I know they are changing they're makeup designs and going into prosthetics this year, and changing the consistency of the Blood, so it doesn't melt off!

2016 FN is Huge for Warner Bros. 

Terror Tram ?, using the old Trams from Back Of House Tours

Gaga doesn't own the licensing for the show, nor the likeness to her character in the show (not that excluding her character from a maze lineup would be noticed or detrimental). 

Whilst she would have a say in the licensing of her actual image for the show (merch etc) her presence in the series makes acquiring the AHS licence for the purpose of a maze no more problematic.

11 hours ago, j_m-kelly said:

I would love to see a room in a maze similar to the one in Halloween at HHN where there a mirrors and multiple Michael Myers, some real, some fake. That would be awesome yet very scary.

Agree, that was one of the best bits of HHN Hollywood last year. I really enjoyed both their Michael Myers mazes, last year and 2009 (which had parts from all the films rather than the first like last year).

The doomsday area might loan itself well to a very gnarly scarezone, and I wish they's use that dead space behind lethal weapon in Chinatown. For a maze or a running-the-gauntlet-like scare zone.

24 minutes ago, downunder said:

...I wish they's use that dead space behind lethal weapon in Chinatown. For a maze or a running-the-gauntlet-like scare zone.

They did a gauntlet type scare zone in there the very first year they had A Fright Night...  Before you were allowed to dress up, before the scare zones, before the mazes...  It was poorly done (in all fairness it was the first year) but was not over the top like the mazes are now so you were happy to walk through it, get a little scare, a bit uneasy, or laugh at the people you ran out screaming on your way to Lethal Weapon.

17 hours ago, dmh said:

I know they are changing they're makeup designs and going into prosthetics this year, and changing the consistency of the Blood, so it doesn't melt off!

2016 FN is Huge for Warner Bros. 

Terror Tram ?, using the old Trams from Back Of House Tours

Hopefully they are going to start making their zombies look more like Universal's, I remember last year they didn't look scary at all..

I think a scare zone based on just horror movie icons would be fantastic! 

You can't spend hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars on what is just essentially an extra. Some of the latex prosthetics can run to over $1000 for a mask. No way they would have the budget of the big overseas parks. I thought the character zombies were done well, skin looked corpse like and the congealed blood looked gooey and sticky. Made the wounds look pretty fresh and nasty.

Edited by Levithian

Last year USH did an amazing walk through 'gauntlet' scare in the backlot. Basically you had to navigate the whole thing to get out and it was massive and scary as hell. 

They had other 'purge' areas you had to navigate in order to reach other mazes which basically put you face to face with actors trying to stop your progress. Was very effective. 

Although it would make a 3rd consecutive year, another Wolf Creek one could be done but this time based on the series. For those who have watched it, episodes 4 and 6 come to mind (tunnels and final confrontation). Especially the chasing through the tunnels, they could make an actual elaborate maze (i think Arkham was done like this?) consisting of tunnels and you've got multiple Micks chasing you, with death around dead ends.

Another idea would be a well done 3D maze. The demons done in USH's This is the End maze were extremely well done, and the depth could only make it better. An idea i literally just thought of that could also be harnessed REALLY well in this situation, is colour projectors. So in 3D mazes for those that don't know, Chromadepth is used instead of stereoscope (red and blue glasses). Chromadepth separates colours based on their position in the colour spectrum, so red is close, green is mid, and blue is far away.

Say they had a green wall with a face projected onto it in different hues of blue, and then bam it changes to full colour (maybe even moving). So you're walking down a hallway and at the end is a blue patch as you get closer you can make out features and determine its a face, then when you're say 2-3 metres away it changes to a full proper face popping out of the wall, and all of a sudden you notice lightly defined hands protruding the walls at you as this face changes, the hands change to red. Cheap and overly effective jump scares, because lets face it psychological scares don't work in this situation.

10 hours ago, djrappa said:

Last year USH did an amazing walk through 'gauntlet' scare in the backlot. Basically you had to navigate the whole thing to get out and it was massive and scary as hell. 

They had other 'purge' areas you had to navigate in order to reach other mazes which basically put you face to face with actors trying to stop your progress. Was very effective. 

Yeah ever since they've moved mazes out to the backlot they've used that corridor really well. They come from everywhere and really get in your face and they've got their cue from when another tram from the lower lot arrives rather than people randomly going through anytime - so they're all ready and waiting. And you ain't going back to the lower lot unless you go through. Definitely the best scare zone. 

Just now, The_Ninja_59 said:

how did you get the photos above the walls last year? I'm thinking about using a selfie stick to see what's going on behind the walls

I used a selfie stick. A monopod or tripod would work but the selfie stick is easier and doesn't make you as obvious. I noticed they moved the machines around to stop people (well me) from getting close enough but still managed to get the shots 

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Fright Nights 2016