Movie World Fright Nights 2016

2 hours ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

There's no need to be a smart alec. I asked what themes everyone would like to see in the mazes ( demons etc). I was just trying to make conversation 

Me too. I'd like to see horror themed at Fright night. Works better then the "scary carnival" stuff they had last time. Sure clowns are scary to some people but they had enough of them in the zombie land area to not need more.

1 hour ago, dmh said:

Hi Brad, is this not a public forum and were welcome to our views,thoughts, and whatever else, don't be so rude and narrow minded 

The main concern is you're saying a lot of stuff with certainty with no confirmed source or credibility to your statements. If they're fact, it's generally accepted you state your source (obviously no names for some info, but something to show its not just speculation) even if you PM a mod and verify yourself privately and they can state you're legit. Otherwise if it is just speculation, don't write it as you know it to be fact. 

2 hours ago, dmh said:

Hi Brad, is this not a public forum and were welcome to our views,thoughts, and whatever else, don't be so rude and narrow minded 

Actually, this IS a public forum. 

We're able to express our views and opinions.

saying your claims are dubious is not rude, it's a fair critique given some of the things you have posted as fact, not opinion. 

Saying something is logistically unlikely is not being narrow minded.

i stand by both my points

Edited by Brad2912

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Me too. I'd like to see horror themed at Fright night. Works better then the "scary carnival" stuff they had last time. Sure clowns are scary to some people but they had enough of them in the zombie land area to not need more.

They only had one in the Zombieland precinct and that's because he was a recognisable character from the film. 

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Actually, this IS a public forum. 

Brad, he said "is - this - not" not "this - is - not". Its a question, not a statement of fact - he was saying it was a public forum by asking a rhetorical question. 

But aside - I agree with you that a person saying 'it's definitely this' should be justified. I have no problem if someone doesn't verify it with actual names or proof, and I don't think people should have to PM a mod as this in itself can breach a confidence with the source.... time will show whether they were correct or not... for example with some of the statements MickeyD has been known to make in the past... but it should be said "I have a friend who works in <park> who told me its definitely <blah>' rather than just 'it's definitely <blah> without any background as to how someone comes to that conclusion...

However the fact that @dmh has used words like 'views' 'thoughts' or 'opinions' suggests to me that's all it was, rather than any factual statement.

25 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Brad, he said "is - this - not" not "this - is - not". Its a question, not a statement of fact - he was saying it was a public forum by asking a rhetorical question. 

But aside - I agree with you that a person saying 'it's definitely this' should be justified. I have no problem if someone doesn't verify it with actual names or proof, and I don't think people should have to PM a mod as this in itself can breach a confidence with the source.... time will show whether they were correct or not... for example with some of the statements MickeyD has been known to make in the past... but it should be said "I have a friend who works in <park> who told me its definitely <blah>' rather than just 'it's definitely <blah> without any background as to how someone comes to that conclusion...

However the fact that @dmh has used words like 'views' 'thoughts' or 'opinions' suggests to me that's all it was, rather than any factual statement.

Sorry to cause a Argument, hate negativity- I sure of make myself clearer, my partner works within the company. That's how I got the facts

3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

The main concern is you're saying a lot of stuff with certainty with no confirmed source or credibility to your statements. If they're fact, it's generally accepted you state your source (obviously no names for some info, but something to show its not just speculation) even if you PM a mod and verify yourself privately and they can state you're legit. Otherwise if it is just speculation, don't write it as you know it to be fact. 

I know it as my partner works within the company, get it , got it?, good ! 

22 minutes ago, dmh said:

Sorry to cause a Argument, hate negativity- I sure of make myself clearer, my partner works within the company. That's how I got the facts

I know it as my partner works within the company, get it , got it?, good ! 

See that was easy and makes your posts seem much more credible. Even with the tone. 

1 hour ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

They only had one in the Zombieland precinct and that's because he was a recognisable character from the film. 

Fair call. I guess my disappointment was more with the 'strongman' guy and the ringleader chicks. They didn't really seem themed the first night. Future nights they added in the makeup to them but it still didn't strike me as 'horror' really. The ringleaders and 'dark angels' (but more so the ringleaders) seemed completely out of place and just seemed to be the sex appeal of the night (and quite likely the reason some people got kicked out of the park). 

8 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

See that was easy and makes your posts seem much more credible. Even with the tone. 

Fair call. I guess my disappointment was more with the 'strongman' guy and the ringleader chicks. They didn't really seem themed the first night. Future nights they added in the makeup to them but it still didn't strike me as 'horror' really. The ringleaders and 'dark angels' (but more so the ringleaders) seemed completely out of place and just seemed to be the sex appeal of the night (and quite likely the reason some people got kicked out of the park). 

I have very similar thoughts to you, Reanimated, although mine also include the fire-twirlers. Don't get me wrong, they're very talented at what they do, but it just wasn't "horror". 

14 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

I have very similar thoughts to you, Reanimated, although mine also include the fire-twirlers. Don't get me wrong, they're very talented at what they do, but it just wasn't "horror". 

True, but they make for good photos and soak up a bit of the crowds. 

As of the end of Carnivale , they haven't been confirmed to be coming back but they were starting to discuss it. 

And I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for attractive women in small clothing, it just didn't fit the theme I don't think. 

14 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Weren't the ringleader girls from Fright Nights 2013?

Edited by FoolishMortal999

13 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

At Intencity, I was playing  the basket ball hoop game and when I turned around I noticed there is a tree behind the neon wall near the wacky ducks game. 

Oh cool! 

I was really hoping they'd make a maze this year based on 'Death Trees from Planet X'. Such a great flick!

7 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Oh cool! 

I was really hoping they'd make a maze this year based on 'Death Trees from Planet X'. Such a great flick!

There's no need for the sarcastic comments.

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

I'd say that the Friday the 13th Maze will be going there, because correct me if I'm wrong, but the other maze last year didn't have onc, while the first scene of FT13 had a number of large Forrest scenes.

I think wyrmwood had them too as well as wolf creek 2. 

41 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

There's no need for the sarcastic comments.

You mean like how there is no need for pointless posts like 'I saw a tree over a wall'..

i struggle to think of single maze with the exception of Film Vault that hasn't included trees in some capacity.. 

In breaking news, new wall is found on other side of already established wall.. 

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

You mean like how there is no need for pointless posts like 'I saw a tree over a wall'..

i struggle to think of single maze with the exception of Film Vault that hasn't included trees in some capacity.. 

In breaking news, new wall is found on other side of already established wall.. 

He was simply stating something that you guys had not yet mentioned, he isn't harming body, and at this point we are all just speculating, I reckon you need to calm down just a little bit. :/

They may just skip a scene with Friday the 13th, but I'd say it'll be either that or Wormwood going in there. In my opinion, they'd put the new mazes in larger spaces. Not just area size for the maze itself, but area for queueing, as we know how long queues can be for the new mazes.

Edited by themagician

20 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Someone mentioned they think it could be Friday the 13th in dodgems. Wouldn't it be a bit small to have a maze that big in that area? I seem to recall that they skipped a scene in the Evil Within.

They condensed Wolf Creek 2 down well last year, and I don't think Evil Within suffered from losing anything on the previous year, in fact I felt it had less 'down' periods in the 2015 layout 

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Fright Nights 2016