Movie World Fright Nights 2016

@Theme Park Ninja sorry dude, as I said above, I've already offered it to someone. They had posted on MW's FB wall expressing their disappointment on missing out, so I approached them with the idea of them going in my place, which they were absolutely thrilled about. I'm just waiting for MW to get back to me about swapping. 

Worst case scenario, if we can't swap, I'll just have to skull numerous Red Bulls and Uber it there at my own expense, as I'm not going to let it go to waste ??

14 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

didn't you get confirmation from a staff member saying it was being utilised still for FN?

No? Haven't had anybody confirm what the future purpose of the show stage is. I got mixed feedback earlier on in the year, as one person told me it was going, and the other said it was staying.

So yeah, any speculation on its use now is that of my own. 

For what it's worth though, if they can avoid utilising the new DC area for entry/exit/queues, then I'd probably change my mind. That's the only thing I can see being a major issue, as the building itself has no other use that I currently know of, other than for hosting scare mazes.  

I guess there is always the possibility of relocating the entry and exit points to WWF side. That could definitely work. Then three of the mazes would virtually share the same precinct/area, given the other two sheds are up the back there, too. 

2 minutes ago, Wyncenuros said:

I know the above is for Friday the 13th...  But I wonder...

Blair.jpg

At first I thought this would be an absolutely terrible idea for a film franchise that in my opinion should have died at the end of the first movie. It just seemed kind of crap.

Then I was also thinking it would seem lazy from the park's point of view as if it was a maze it would almost be a cop-out and an excuse to utilise the copious amounts of fake/real trees they've got from previous years' mazes and they wouldn't need much effort to do anything. 

However, I then looked at the trailer for BW and thought that would actually be pretty cool for a maze.  

I have no idea if it is going to be a maze or not, but I went from hating the idea to loving the idea of it being a maze. If they don't use it for a maze, it would be cool to have it replace the F13 stuff that will be showing in Roxy. 

Given it was done by Roadshow Films, wouldn't surprise me to see the Australian Premiere at MW too. If that's the case, I wonder if they'll tie in some more FN news around the 15th? 

I keep seeing the same movie being advertised around the Brisbane area and just thought this might be a possible maze. It's called "Red Billabong". Australian film, just like Wyrmwood which makes me think this could be a potential maze. I am for sure hoping for something alot more well known or horrifying! 

Capture.PNG

I am seriously shocked and excited! YES! I am well impressed by Movieworld's decision. Although I am still hoping for an AHS maze :lol: (or in the future!) This was a seriously terrifying movie and can only think of how heart pumping this maze is going to be! Hurry up MW and release more information! 

Edited by maxito

I don't mind what the franchise is as long as it's a good maze. I loved the mazes in 2014, but thought 2015 was a bit of a step backwards. Friday the 13th seemed odd, you see the aftermath of Jason's rampage or you see Jason, but he's was never killing anyone in the maze. I guess I'm used to HHN where Jason is offing someone in spectacular fashion in almost every room. Saw Wyrmwood after Fright Nights, loved it, but the maze seemed kind of anonymous. Wolf Creek seemed to have most of the gory bits removed from 2014 in it's relocated form. I am being picky, it was still a lot of fun in 2014 and 2015 (only years I've been).

I am curious about American Horror Story, I've never seen the show, though it seems popular. I'm doing HHN later this month, so I might have some homework to do. Hopefully the maze will make sense even without seeing the show. Looking forward to the Exorcist maze over the other side of the Pacific, this could be incredible or awful, my bet is they'll really pull it off. 

6 minutes ago, da_bazaar_ said:

has anyone been to the park recently?

One source says the 2 soundstages that they usually use wont be used this year, and will be made near Arkum Asylym instead? maybe sound stages are busy with movie productions?

Been covered in this very thread if you want to read through it...