Movie World Fright Nights 2016

4 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

also worth mentioning me and my mate brought the $45 Fast Track pass last year as I heard how bad the queues were in 2014, we managed to get all the mazes done twice, (once with Fast Track and one time without Fast Track expect for WC2 because attendant didn't check our passes the first time we went in which gave us another go during the night)  Evil Within was the longest we had to line up that night, 

So i should get a fast track?

It depends on what you want to do - if you're up for the ambience, and doing what you can, then play by ear. If you MUST get the mazes done, a fast track can spare you the agony of queues. 

Decide first if you want to do rides, as they close earlier than everything else. Most people say no point, but riding at night can be a different experience so if you don't have the opportunity to do that or haven't done it before, getting in some rides can be great.

Of course the mazes and precincts are what the night is all about so do make sure you experience them too, and get in as early as you can (although it has also been said the queues really die off in the last hour too). If its a once in a.... experience - ie: you don't plan on doing it often or regularly\annually, then make sure you maximise your time by getting fast track, arriving early, planning to stay late. Also - if you drive to the park, remember that immediately after close the parking lot is hell - so plan to stay back and enjoy the atmosphere as long as possible if you're there for the whole night.

58 minutes ago, micky.d123 said:

Hey Guys! :) Other than the photos shared on the Forum did anyone take their own photographs in the park today? :) Maybe of new set pieces or anything :) 

Just the close up of the Seal of the State of Illinois on the car and the signage saying stay off the bar at the top of Main Street...  Nothing else had changed...

Given that car is opposite the Superman top hat that would be a huge confirmation of Halloween precinct at the front (as previously assumed) as...

" The film begins with six-year-old Michael (Will Sandin) killing his teenage sister Judith (Sandy Johnson) on Halloween 1963 in the fictional town of Haddonfield, Illinois. " - Wikipedia

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

3 hours ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

I need some advice...

Im going to Fright Nights this Saturday (first time) and from what ive been told, its going to be crazy busy.

So, is there any suggestions on what I should do first to get most out of my night? Instead of having to wait in lines all the time.

Thanks

@ClassifiedLlama If you're considering forking out for fast track for mazes at $45 each, have you consider paying extra and doing the Ultimate Terror Tour instead? Includes fast track for all four mazes & most of the rides, plus all the added benefits of unlimited VIP lounge access (buffet and drinks), behind the scenes tour, plus lots of extras. I think it was $139 for that night, from memory when I booked it. Which would work out to be the better value if you're prepared to pay extra to speed things up that night.

Personally I think that's the better value option as opposed to paying for separate fast tracks for mazes and/or rides, and you guaranteed won't be waiting in lines all night. Everyone I know who has done this tour has absolutely raved about it :)

ETA: Actually after just reading the Fast Track maze info, I've realised its $45 for one entry to each maze, not one entry per maze lol! Ah well, still definitely worth considering the UTT anyway, even if it costs a lot more. I'm doing my first one this year and can't wait :)

Edited by Theme Park Girl

7 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

So what's the rule when it comes to costumes and makeup?

Costumes are fine as long as it doesn't prohibit safety and as for makeup, keep it light, nothing that stops you from being identified.

And no face masks at all.

EDIT: Quote from Movie World

• Full face masks are not permitted, however you are welcome to come in costume with minimal make-up only;
Edited by nitromefans

17 hours ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

So i should get a fast track?

Last year my friend and I both got fast track, but ran to the FT13 maze as soon as the show ended (which we came early for and were right at the front of), we were the first people in the normal queue to go in, then went in the Wyrmwood queue that was very short, then decided we'll do the wait for the other two mazes aswell. We then did whatever the hell we wanted and then went in all the mazes again just about straight away using fast track, hopefully the same thing I'll be doing this year! :)

Just asking for a friend, does anyone know how much the panic rooms costed last year? I didn't do them last year bc the reviews weren't too great from what I heard, but I'd be up to give it a shot this time around. :)