Movie World Fright Nights 2016

1 hour ago, flipp said:

I'm going as general admission with fast track tomorrow night, also going next Saturday for my birthday on the UTT, how do you get into the secret rooms?

Through the fast track queue...  Walk past anyone else in the line, show your UTT pass to the attendant and tell them you want to go into the Terror Room...

Except with C2 is it on the left as you walk in the queue...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster
Spelling

1 minute ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Through the fast track queue...  Walk past anyone else in th eline, show your UTT pass to the attendant and tell them you want to go into the Terror Room...

Except with C2 is it on the left as you walk in the queue...

So I literally just walk past any other guests in the fast track queue? o_o What if someone gets mad? 

3 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

You'll hear plenty of "wtf are you doing?" and "what's going on"

as you come out you'll get a few "ha! you had to go to the back of the line". 

I got a lot of...  "Was it too scary for you"...  So then decided to walk back in and freaked that person out as they walked through :P  or tell them...  I'm on the Ultimate tour so was looking behind the scenes...

I just said loudly with authority "Excuse me guys coming through"...  Once you get to the front and the attendant lets you walk straight in and you go into an area the other guests can't enter they sort of figure it's something else...

I went to tonights FN, and had a great night, and surprisingly wasn't as sacred as what I have been in previous years. But I do have a mixture of positive and negatives from tonight.

Didn't arrive at the park until 5:45, and had no issues getting in, and quickly made our way up to the front of Main Street. Thought the opening act for the beginning of the event was pretty good, bit different from previous years with starting with the guitarist. From there we headed through the Apparitions Precinct, which despite being only a small area, was really well done and the two guys were providing plenty of scares. Probably my favourite precinct, shame they didn't use the whole alley way, or spreader into the AA courtyard, that would've really added to it. From there we headed to the Dusk till Dawn Maze.

Dusk till Dawn Maze: The queue was only about 15 minutes, as we were one of the first to get to it, and it did seem for most of the night this queue was relatively short. Having not seen the show, I didn't really know what to expect, and I did think the maze was rather underwhelming. Most of the scare actors were there in view and just walked back and forth. Despite there being a number of good spots that couldn't been used to their advantage. And it did seem relatively short too. Unfortunately this was my least favourite maze of the night. 5/10

We then headed for Friday the 13th. I will make one comment here, that it was great to see MW using more of the park for this FN. Using the WWF space and having two ways to get to the mazes out the back made the flow through the park much better.

Friday the 13th Maze: The queue was about 25 minutes for this maze. This for me was one of the scariest mazes I've been through at FN last year, and was one of my all time favourites. This year however it fell a little flat for me. All of the major scenes were still there, but they all felt too shortened. From remembrance, the cave scene with Jason charging towards you. But this year it just didn't have the same impact. The maze was still well put together, and had some great scenes, but was a little disappointed. 7/10

Conjuring 2: This was the maze I was most nervous about going through, as I expected it to have some big scares in it, and I was right. This was the longest queue, being about 45 minutes, and it just seemed to keep going. I thought as soon as you entered the sound stage you'd start the maze, but nope, you walk to the other side. But that provided a pretty good build up, with the news reporter over the speakers, and the posters. And throughout the whole time queued in there it was non-stop screaming from inside the maze. There were really great scenes in the maze, one of the most memorable wad the kitchen scene, really well done and quite intense. The scare actors were great and hid in some really good spots, such as the one who's above you. The sounds really added to it, making it a great maze. 9/10.

We rode SDSC, and then passed by the Gothic Hall precinct, which never had anyone actually performing on it, except one time, for about 5 minutes. The rest of the time it was just pre-recorded music. I remember last year always seeing performers there. We then went down Main Street, passing the Day of the Dead precinct, which wasn't anything special to be honest. From what I saw there was probably only about a dozen scare actors in the whole of Main Street, which was rather disappointing, as I remember there always being tonnes, and the smoke was really thick, and it was much darker so people got some really good scares, but there wasn't really that this year. The guys with the chainsaws are always great, as well as the ones with the knives. I wish they had the guys that would slide around on the ground again. And passing through the Halloween precinct, which was also fairly disappointing. Last year the Zombieland he precinct went all around the fountain and it was great. But this year it was just on the grassed areas.

We made our way to the final maze, Wyrmwood. I'll also add here that the panic rooms were running tonight. It was a shame that there weren't scare actors in the fenced alley up the back to mazes, as they always used to get some great scares in the 'Zombie Alley' to the sound stages.

Wyrmwood Maze: We queued for about 30 minutes for this maze, and wow what an improvement on last year. This maze was great, and had so many good scares. That strobe lighting flashing at the start really messed with you, but really added to it. All the scenes were really good, and the scare actors did really well and provided some great scares. Especially in that last scene. I think something they could add, as there are a cars in a couple of scenes, is have their horns go off, like the scene in the Wolf Creek 2 maze, to me that would just add that something extra, and provide a good scare. 9/10

There were a few disappointments this year, but as always you can see how much effort the park and designers put into the mazes, but some things fell a little flat. I don't know if its because of the construction throughout the park, or delays with maze/precinct designs. What they did well, was really great, and really added to the night. But those few things, mainly lack of scare actors in some areas, was a shame. But I still highly recommend that anyone who's gone in the past to go, and hopefully some minor things are sorted for the remaining nights. Overall I'd give the night a 7.5/10

2 hours ago, GCTV Parks said:

Hi, I rearly comment but I brought my ticket on Groupon, it's not working. It's said processing for 3 days. My last option is the unlimited entry ticket, how does it work. Do you just go to the gate and scan? do you get a pass or paper ticket? 

Hi, why don't you just wait the three days for the Groupon ticket? Tonight's event is fully booked out anyway, so either way you will have to wait until next Friday at the earliest to use it. 

They were there doing it last night as well. 

When I first entered MW last night, one of them slid up to me, expecting me to be like everyone else jump out of the way in fear. I didn't. Which ended in him subtly crashing into my leg and a bunch of nearby people laughing.

Awkward moment, haha. 

Edited by Theme Park Girl

Oh I didn't see them the couple of times I went down Main Street. Well it's good to know they're still there.

And also, was really surprised how quick we got out of the carpark too. We were leaving at the same time as a lot of others were, and it only took a couple of minutes to get out.

Edited by themagician

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

They were there doing it last night as well. 

When I first entered MW last night, one of them slid up to me, expecting me to be like everyone else jump out of the way in fear. I didn't. Which ended in him subtly crashing into my leg and a bunch of nearby people laughing.

Awkward moment, haha. 

Atmosphere looked great in that video! 

Anyone else agree that movie world should upload the mazes to their YouTube channel in HD once they know they won't return? I always feel like it's such a wasted opportunity. I would love to look back on previous mazes like Saw, nightmare on elm street, arkham asylum, evil dead, wolf creek etc but there is no good footage of them to be found online! They should definetely do that from F13 and wrymwood this year as we know they won't be returning.. Just a thought :rolleyes:

Edited by kujotess

1 minute ago, kujotess said:

Atmosphere looked great in that video?

Anyone else agree that movie world should upload the mazes to their YouTube channel in HD once they know they won't return? I always feel like it's such a wasted opportunity. I would love to look back on previous mazes like Saw, nightmare on elm street, arkham asylum, evil dead, wolf creek etc but there is no good footage of them to be found online! They should definetely do that from F13 and Wrymood this year as we know they won't be returning.. Just a thought :rolleyes:

Purely a guess, but I'd say there's licensing issues preventing them from doing so. 

LogoLicious_20161008_082942.png

Was funny last night, a bunch of young teenagers were in that room trying to console the girl, hanging out with her and trying to provide her with their own means of councilling, hahaha.

They weren't scared in the slightest, if anything they were just entertained. The whole room was full of people at one stage. 

Meanwhile Michael Myers was outside,  staring people down face to face as they tried to get photos with him. 

I honestly think people that go to fright nights and go out of their way to show how not scared they are and act too cool for school and brag about it are just losers. 

Why go? It's just ruining the fun for everyone else. 

Yay you didn't get scared mr/miss cool how friken sad for you. 

I'll go ahead and give my review as well on this years Fright Night. I will say that the last two years (1st time going was 2014) have been better IMO, however it was still a great night and definitely worth going. 

The reasons why I thought this year was weaker than the previous was:

1. Mazes were shorter.

2. It felt like there were less actors in the mazes & roaming around. 

3. FDTD was very weak. 

In saying that, I think the real reason this year has been a step down is because they couldn't use the soundstages, but there was nothing they could really do to stop that which is unfortunate. 

I will say my thoughts on my favourite maze which was with no doubt, Conjuring 2. This maze was amazing! Well themed with great scares. My favourite rooms were the kitchen & the bedroom. Oh boy! That bedroom scene really messed with my head! Amazing! I unfortunately didn't get the ceiling scare, however I did see it. Would someone please tell me what happens with it? I would have loved to have seen this maze in one of the soundstages with bigger sets & a longer maze. 

To sum up I thought it was still a great night, even with the shorter mazes. From what they had to work with I think they did a great job. Definitely worth it :) Think I might have to try the UTT next year ;)