Movie World Fright Nights 2016

2 hours ago, downunder said:

On American Horror Story, do people really like the show, I've never seen it personally? I did the HHN Hollywood version of the maze, it wasn't bad, though my lack of familiarity with the show impacted the experience a little. 

Just booked the Ultimate Terror Tour, looking forward to it.

Well you'd make a general assumption that, yes, people like the show - it's now into its 6th season in a fairly cutthroat industry that sees dozens of poorly rating shows cancelled each season. 

As an anthology series each season is quite different in theme and tone.

ive enjoyed each season, except the last season 'Hotel' which is just couldn't get into 

^What I meant to say is do people on this website like the show, as I was unclear what kind of a following the show has in Australia. I've never seen a single episode myself.

It seemed to be one of the more popular mazes at HHN. On the night I went Krampus and Halloween had the shortest lines - and both were really good mazes.

Edited by downunder

2 hours ago, downunder said:

^What I meant to say is do people on this website like the show, as I was unclear what kind of a following the show has in Australia. I've never seen a single episode myself.

It seemed to be one of the more popular mazes at HHN. On the night I went Krampus and Halloween had the shortest lines - and both were really good mazes.

I watch it. I believe it is also popular with Australian viewers because not only does channel 10 get it express from the US for free to air, they've also got it on their Tenplay streaming service. Not common a tv show to reach a free streaming app so quickly. 

6 hours ago, downunder said:

If I could get there on the 29th I would have done the Star Tour, UTT, after party, then Silverwood LOL.

Ironic, given @reanimated35 was saying the exact same thing a few days ago. We calculated the total to be close to the $600 mark to do all four events on the one day lol. 

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Ironic, given @reanimated35 was saying the exact same thing a few days ago. We calculated the total to be close to the $600 mark to do all four events on the one day lol. 

Probably not ironic if you're going by the dictionary or Alanis Morrisette lol. But I'll go back through pages of posts and see who gave me the idea next time.

I did seriously consider it and talked to some friends who'll be there from interstate on the 29th doing Star Tour and UTT, and if I could get there whether we should go for it. I'd be in for a world of pain after, all-nighters are like really bad jetlag. If I'm spending the $$$$ on flights and accommodation might as well experience as much as possible while I'm there.

Was watching ParkChat tonight and apparently the ceiling scare for Conjuring 2 has been removed. When I went through the maze on Saturday I saw a dummy hanging from the roof, but it was not lit up or anything. I pretty much only saw it because I was on the lookout for the ceiling scare. If I didn't know there was one, I definitely wouldn't have noticed it. 

I saw that, and it's a real shame they've had to remove it as it was probably one of the best scares in the Maze. But if the actor was getting injured or touched by people then of course they'd need to remove it. Maybe in future if they want to do that type of scare again, maybe they need to have the actor higher up

29 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

When was the scare actor removed? She was there Friday night when I went through.. 

Would have to have been after you went Friday night and before now...  There has only been one FN in that period so it must have been before Saturday night...  

6 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Would have to have been after you went Friday night and before now...  There has only been one FN in that period so it must have been before Saturday night...  

Yeah, when I went on Saturday it was a dummy, looked so dodgy, didn't make a sound/move etc, I was just looking at it like "wtf i that supposed to be" lol.

Wonder though if like they said at the briefing if something doesn't feel right or someone does something to walk away...  What if given the actor was above people they couldn't move away and people walking through were reaching up at her and they determined it was actually unsafe for them to keep doing it...

Just a thought...

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Maybe the actor for that particular scare threw a sickie that night? ??

That's my thought.. A scare actor is missing from a scene on one night and automatically people assume the role has been removed?? 

44 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Wonder though if like they said at the briefing if something doesn't feel right or someone does something to walk away...  What if given the actor was above people they couldn't move away and people walking through were reaching up at her and they determined it was actually unsafe for them to keep doing it...

Just a thought...

I just don't feel that's the case. She less accessible that any of the scare actors that come up in your face or walk past you. I don't think undue guest interactions has anything to do with it 

42 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I just don't feel that's the case. She less accessible that any of the scare actors that come up in your face or walk past you. I don't think undue guest interactions has anything to do with it 

It may not be...  It is a possibility though...  As I said...  Just a thought...

42 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

That's my thought.. A scare actor is missing from a scene on one night and automatically people assume the role has been removed?? 

There are two different groups...  One that does the opening and another that starts the night in the maze...  This means there are two people for each character you see in the maze...  Surely if it is still there they could have figured out getting the other extra actors to step in and take the place...

Either way...  Will find out in less than 24 hours...